Yipes!!!Moss says Wayne addition would be a plus

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Commanders | Moss says Wayne addition would be a plus
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:43:56 -0800

David Elfin and Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Commanders WR Santana Moss said it would be great for the team if they could acquire Indianapolis Colts WR Reggie Wayne, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. Wayne is considered the prize free agent at the receiver position entering the offseason.

Hiero

Reaction score
Probably would offer him a 100 million dollar contract. I don't see how they can afford it.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Didn't they both play together at the U? Wayne, Portis, and Moss would absolutely terrorize teams. I hope he signs with someone else.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
How is this news? A player says it would be great to acquire another player who is obviously a very good player.

Ok, so what? Is that really something for a major metropolitan newspaper to report? It must be a seriously slow news day.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Commanders | Moss says Wayne addition would be a plus
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:43:56 -0800

David Elfin and Ryan O'Halloran, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Commanders WR Santana Moss said it would be great for the team if they could acquire Indianapolis Colts WR Reggie Wayne, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. Wayne is considered the prize free agent at the receiver position entering the offseason.

Good luck, Washington is only 25 million OVER the cap next year.

shnagy

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
How is this news? A player says it would be great to acquire another player who is obviously a very good player.

Ok, so what? Is that really something for a major metropolitan newspaper to report? It must be a seriously slow news day.
:lmao2: I was thinking the same thing. LOL

Roughneck

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Didn't they both play together at the U? Wayne, Portis, and Moss would absolutely terrorize teams.
......and who would be getting them the ball?

Will Brunell even be able to hand-off next season? Has the NFL ruled on his request to use a cane on the Field yet?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
All these pessimistic posts made me feel better:)

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Moss, Portis and Wayne were all at "THE U" and Moss and Wayne are good friends, they still are way over their heads in cap salary, there is no way they can afford a contract that Wayne will want. If they can some how afford it, Moss and Wayne(um................that spells disaster for opposing defenses, excdept ours:) Newman WILL lock down Moss, Henry will lock down Wayne:))

I hope they do not get him, i cant see a way they will be able to!!!!
No way Wayne heads to D.C

Fan21

Benched
Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
Moss, Portis and Wayne were all at "THE U" and Moss and Wayne are good friends, they still are way over their heads in cap salary, there is no way they can afford a contract that Wayne will want. If they can some how afford it, Moss and Wayne(um................that spells disaster for opposing defenses, excdept ours:) Newman WILL lock down Moss, Henry will lock down Wayne:))

Yeah, Newman really locked down Moss this year! If Washington does bring in a legitimate #2 WR, the league better watch out. They would have the best RB and WRx2 combination in football.

neosapien23

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:

No way due Newman and Henry lock those guys down. The NFL has made it too easy for even elite CBs to get burned. Our only hope would be too put pressure on Washington.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Washington will add a quality WR to start opposite Moss. That was one of their major flaws this year. Cap or no cap, I'm sure they'll restructure contracts and/or release some marginal players to get under the cap and still add some players.
It may or may not be Reggie Wayne, but I guarantee you they will add a solid starting WR this offseason.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Bach said:
Washington will add a quality WR to start opposite Moss. That was one of their major flaws this year. Cap or no cap, I'm sure they'll restructure contracts and/or release some marginal players to get under the cap and still add some players.
It may or may not be Reggie Wayne, but I guarantee you they will add a solid starting WR this offseason.

Every year we laugh about the Reskins's salary cap and every year they sign a major FA. If Wayne would like to play for them, they will get it done. I don't know I they do it, but they always do it.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I think he would make just about any team he goes too pretty good, including Washington.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, the colts had Harrison, Edge, and Manning to complement Wayne and I don't see them playing this week...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
Well, the colts had Harrison, Edge, and Manning to complement Wayne and I don't see them playing this week...

and a better D

but nonetheless :explode:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I've been hearing this Washington Cap stuff for a few years now, and it has yet to affect them signing whomever they want in free agency...clearly, someone is doing something right in that godforsaken city.

Washington's cap situation is always flexible because they don't hesitate to cut players with big numbers and replace them or renegotiate with a guy who has a huge cap number. This year alone they should free up quite a sum of money if they dump Arrington.