You can have Keyshawn Johnson

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
A lot of folks on this board post from time to time that they miss KJ and would rather have him than Owens.

You can have him.

He's 25th in receptions, 30th in rec. yds., I think he has 4 TD's which doesn't even place him in the top 30(maybe tied for 30th), ... so his stats are pathetic.

Plus after watching him last night, it seems he misses Parcells iron hand.

He taunted the Eagle fans after he scored, they said he was telling Eagle fans at halftime that this was his house and that he owned them.

Give me a break.

Plus I saw him throw his helmet from the field for about 50 ft or so into the bench area.

I will be curious to see how the Johnson lovers/Owens haters spin this.

I will take Owens every time and for me it is not even close.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210359 said:
A lot of folks on this board post from time to time that they miss KJ and would rather have him than Owens.

You can have him.

He's 25th in receptions, 30th in rec. yds., I think he has 4 TD's which doesn't even place him in the top 30(maybe tied for 30th), ... so his stats are pathetic.

He taunted the Eagle fans after he scored, they said he was telling Eagle fans at halftime that this was his house and that he owned them.

Give me a break.

Plus I saw him throw his helmet from the field for about 50 ft or so into the bench area.

I noticed the same, Key is not the same guy that he was when he was here under Parcells. I do find it funny that your the one talking about bad behavior from a player.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Owens is better, but that doesnt mean Johnson sucks. Jake cant get him the ball. They have no chemistry together. Except for one pass in the Dallas game, Key has been money well spent for the Panthers, when they actually throw him the football.

Aikbach

Reaction score
dogunwo;1210367 said:
Owens is better, but that doesnt mean Johnson sucks. Jake cant get him the ball. They have no chemistry together. Except for one pass in the Dallas game, Key has been money well spent for the Panthers, when they actually throw him the football.
He was the best off-season acquisition of the year by any team according to ESPN.:rolleyes::D

es22

Reaction score
I would liked to have both. Key is all heart and he does produce when given the opportunity. Delhomme usually locks on Smith (who wouldnt), so Key's impact is limited.

Key, Glenn and TO would have been awesome!!!

ilovejerry

Reaction score
He sucks. What can he do? He is a Possession receiver who thinks he is a number 1 receiver, don't forget there doubling Steve smith. I wouldn't take him for Crayton, let alone T.O or Glenn, anyone who thins different needs there head checked,

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1210362 said:
I noticed the same, Key is not the same guy that he was when he was here under Parcells. I do find it funny that your the one talking about bad behavior from a player.
The irony is overwhelming...

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1210362 said:

I know what you are talking about, and who you are talking about, ... give me an example of this type of action from "you know who" while here in Dallas.

When has he taunted anyone, when has he thrown his helmet ?

When has he shown poor sportsmanship ?

OH, and I forgot to mention KJ calling someone a Mo ** last night, ... either someone behind him in the bench area or behind him in the stands, couldn't see who he was directing it towards.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210359 said:

You can have him.

Give me a break.

I agree with you 100 percent!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210397 said:
I know what you are talking about, and who you are talking about, ... give me an example of this type of action from "you know who" while here in Dallas.

When has he taunted anyone, when has he thrown his helmet ?

When has he shown poor sportsmanship ?

15 yarder celebration, his ranting on the sideline at the coaches. Please stop the over defending of TO you bend over backwards with this crud and then sit there and slam other players? Please take the blinders off for a change.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Yeah but he has way more talent then Key, So I'm willing to overlook that right now and he hasn't done anything yet to warrant all the negativity!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ilovejerry;1210408 said:
Yeah but he has way more talent then Key, So I'm willing to overlook that right now and he hasn't done anything yet to warrant all the negativity!

I agree talent wise TO is a better WR than Keyshawn. I have never doubted that.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1210402 said:
15 yarder celebration, his ranting on the sideline at the coaches. Please stop the over defending of TO you bend over backwards with this crud and then sit there and slam other players? Please take the blinders off for a change.

:laugh2: :lmao2:

I was hoping that is what you would bring up !

Taunting, cussing, arguing with referees, throwing a helmet 50 ft does not remotely compare to an EZ celebration, nor sideline discussions that we see every week during every game.

Take your blinders off please !!

I'm not overdefending anyone, if Owens did any of these things or something close, I would call him on it.

There at least is one thing we agree on, you can have Johnson and I'll take Owens.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210413 said:

Taunting, cussing, arguing with referees, throwing a helmet 50 ft does not remotely compare to an EZ celebration, nor sideline discussions that we see every week during every game.

I'm not overdefending anyone, if Owens did any of these things or something close, I would call him on it.

There at least is one thing we agree on, you can have Johnson and I'll take Owens.

I'm not accepting the behavior that Key has shown as something good or just overlook it but then he does not play for Dallas so I really don't care what he does or says it is not any concern for the Cowboys. However TO is and his action are and when he does something stupid I'm calling him on it regardless of how much you want to excuse it and overlook it. Your right we agree on the talent of the player but I have said from the get go I don't excuses poor behavior from a player just because he is a talented player. I'm not that shallow of a person to say well he is good so I don't care what he says or does. Lastly that is BS you have not called TO out on anything you make excuses and over look it every single time then you dump it on the media.

aikemirv

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210413 said:

Guess what, One of those actions cost his team 15 yards and was just for his own show. The one by Keyshawn was because he was upset that his TEAM just lost the game. I would say there is a bit of difference in the two.

So, you are telling me that TO does not talk trash to other teams fans?

Oh, and by the way, if Owens was interfered with on the last play of the game and the game was over, I would expect to see a bit of fire from him. What Johnson did was a bit overboard, I agree, but was nothing to harm the TEAM, and I think that is what most people who have a problem with TO, the things that he does harm the TEAM.

sago1

Reaction score
It just seems to me that Parcells has a way of handling these guys while they have difficulty on other teams. Terry Glenn had a problem in NE with Belicheck & then was traded to GB where they willing trade him to us (Parcells) for a 6th rounder--talk about a bargain. Yet Glenn has been a class guy here. Keyshawn has problems everywhere particularly in TB but is just fine in Dallas. Except for TO getting lots of media attention which they spin into negative press coverage, he really has acted better then we could have hoped. Parcells has a history of handling these guys--probably cause he just lets them be themselves but within certainly guidelines.

I love Keyshawn while he was hear and wasn't happy at all when we brought in TO cause I was concerned about his effect on our young team. But so far he has been a good teammate and hasn't done much to warrant any criticism--beyond dropping a few passes which would have been helpful if he had caught.

So, surprising I'm not missing Keyshawn like I expected and I do think he's no longer a #2 WR but would be a good #3 possession WR for a team that had that need--not us cause I'm happy with Crayton. But it very doubtful his ego would ever allow for him to play that role and he's doing too well financially to have to play if he doesn't want to.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1210421 said:
I'm not accepting the behavior that Key has shown as something good or just overlook it but then he does not play for Dallas so I really don't care what he does or says it is not any concern for the Cowboys. However TO is and his action are and when he does something stupid I'm calling him on it regardless of how much you want to excuse it and overlook it. Your right we agree on the talent of the player but I have said from the get go I don't excuses poor behavior from a player just because he is a talented player. to say well he is good so I don't care what he says or does. Lastly that is BS you have not called TO out on anything you make excuses and over look it every single time then you dump it on the media.

Wrong, I called him on being late for the practice, and I called him on sleeping in a meeting.

Those are not acceptable actions.

Other than that, I'm fine with Owens.

I'm not that shallow of a person - - I'm guessing that is an attack on my character and I'm shallow. :rolleyes:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Why does the bad behavior of one receiver on another team somehow justify TO's bad behavior? :confused:

Keyshawn exhibited bad sportsmanship. So has TO.

TO is now acting properly. Keyshawn isn't.

So what?

Nothing Keyshawn did Monday night justifies what TO did in the past.

Give it a break with this rationalization.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210451 said:
Wrong, I called him on being late for the practice, and I called him on sleeping in a meeting.

Those are not acceptable actions.

Other than that, I'm fine with Owens.

I'm not that shallow of a person - - I'm guessing that is an attack on my character and I'm shallow. :rolleyes:

I saw the stuff you said " Well other guys do it too" please you don't say anything about TO and jump on others and the media when some one does say something. As for an attack on your character I said I was not that shallow I don't know about yours. Bottom line is I do not accept poor behavior period I don't care if it is one of our players or not. I'm sick of seeing people tolerate it because that is why it only gets worse in sports everyone accepts everything and anything