You can have Keyshawn Johnson

CowboyChris

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1212500 said:
You started a thread deliberately baiting fans who liked Key and were sorry he left in your obsessive mission to get everyone to feel as you do about Owens, and to enable his past or future behavior by comparing him to others.

Unfortunately, your act on this forum is similar to the Q-Hutch days, when it went from being about the players, to using the players to bash fellow posters. You displayed the same baiting technique so popular then...and then whined when you got called on it.

You are a hypocrite, in every sense of the word. You will defend or minimize everything a player you like does, and overlook nothing in one you don't. Just as you use Irvin to Owens' advantage, you now seek to use Johnson. But Owens is behaving himself..no one calls for his head...yet you still insist on creating antipathy.

I am starting to feel for TO that you make others dislike him.

If you said "I don't care what TO does because he's a Cowboy", I'd have some respect for you. Admit the double standard that most everyone shares to some degree when it comes to their "own". But you prefer to call out 'hater' on a daily basis when someone refuses to enable Owens' behaviour, then hypocritically call out KJ.

Once again it has become about the poster more than the player, but you have only yourself to blame for that.

Resist the temptation to bait others, is my advice.

You're not intellectually or morally equipped to win any battles. ;)

ouch, now thats telling whats on your mind. btw i still wouldnt have traded Galloway for Key. when everyone knew that Key was going to be released.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210359 said:
A lot of folks on this board post from time to time that they miss KJ and would rather have him than Owens.

You can have him.

He's 25th in receptions, 30th in rec. yds., I think he has 4 TD's which doesn't even place him in the top 30(maybe tied for 30th), ... so his stats are pathetic.

Plus after watching him last night, it seems he misses Parcells iron hand.

He taunted the Eagle fans after he scored, they said he was telling Eagle fans at halftime that this was his house and that he owned them.

Give me a break.

Plus I saw him throw his helmet from the field for about 50 ft or so into the bench area.

I will be curious to see how the Johnson lovers/Owens haters spin this.

I will take Owens every time and for me it is not even close.

That's interesting. Considering what a straight edged guy you were over at the Austin360 board, I find it surprising that you take this stance regarding one of the more controversial players in the league.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1211587 said:
Wow, that's nasty, ... what an unappealing characteristic to exhibit.

Nasty, but wrong.

h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y would be if I gave the pretense of having a virtuous character, or if I preached moral or religious beliefs or principles, that I didn't possess or practice, ... that's hypocritical.

If I pretended to have qualities or beliefs that I didn't really have, that's h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y

But I don't think that applies to condoning one players actions that to some resembles another players actions that I don't condon.
(even though I don't consider anything Owens has done to rate up there with what I saw during last night's game, ... I can only imagine what would transpire if Owens had thrown his helmet 50 ft)

WG called it ironic, which maybe closer but I'm not sure that is quite right either.

Maybe contradictory is the right word.

A lesson taught, is a lesson learned....

Nice post.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210359 said:
A lot of folks on this board post from time to time that they miss KJ and would rather have him than Owens.

You can have him.

He's 25th in receptions, 30th in rec. yds., I think he has 4 TD's which doesn't even place him in the top 30(maybe tied for 30th), ... so his stats are pathetic.

Plus after watching him last night, it seems he misses Parcells iron hand.

He taunted the Eagle fans after he scored, they said he was telling Eagle fans at halftime that this was his house and that he owned them.

Give me a break.

Plus I saw him throw his helmet from the field for about 50 ft or so into the bench area.

I will be curious to see how the Johnson lovers/Owens haters spin this.

I will take Owens every time and for me it is not even close.
I agree with you... but you know how others are.
407643-can_of_worms.jpg

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1212500 said:
You started a thread deliberately baiting fans who liked Key and were sorry he left in your obsessive mission to get everyone to feel as you do about Owens, and to enable his past or future behavior by comparing him to others.

Unfortunately, your act on this forum is similar to the Q-Hutch days, when it went from being about the players, to using the players to bash fellow posters. You displayed the same baiting technique so popular then...and then whined when you got called on it.

You are a hypocrite, in every sense of the word. You will defend or minimize everything a player you like does, and overlook nothing in one you don't. Just as you use Irvin to Owens' advantage, you now seek to use Johnson. But Owens is behaving himself..no one calls for his head...yet you still insist on creating antipathy.

I am starting to feel for TO that you make others dislike him.

If you said "I don't care what TO does because he's a Cowboy", I'd have some respect for you. Admit the double standard that most everyone shares to some degree when it comes to their "own". But you prefer to call out 'hater' on a daily basis when someone refuses to enable Owens' behaviour, then hypocritically call out KJ.

Once again it has become about the poster more than the player, but you have only yourself to blame for that.

Resist the temptation to bait others, is my advice.

You're not intellectually or morally equipped to win any battles. ;)

Thanks so much for your pleasant demeanor in your response, and your kind words.

At least you didn't resort to name calling,(such as hypocrite) or questioning my intellect & morality.

I really wasn't aware that I was involved in any "battle", ... however I have never claimed to be that intellectual, (I get by) but I will stand on my morals.

Maybe if/when I do become more intellectual, I will be able to call people hypocrite and question their intellect and morality.

But if that is what being intellectual means, I hope it doesn't happen.

It does strike me as funny that you accuse me of bashing fellow posters, (which while I have defended Owens, I haven't bashed a fellow poster personally) and then it seems that you proceed to go on to bash me.

It is also interesting that you are worried for TO, that I am making others dislike him, ... trust me, they disliked him way before he came to Dallas, ... which was way before I began to stand up for him.

But thanks again for all of your kind words and friendly advice.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
AnyGivenSunday;1212699 said:
That's interesting. Considering what a straight edged guy you were over at the Austin360 board, I find it surprising that you take this stance regarding one of the more controversial players in the league.

I am forming my opinion on Owens on what he has done since arriving in Dallas, not from what is projected by the media.

I will call him out if he does something wrong, but not for everything that others do.

I have called him on being late for, or falling asleep in meetings, (unacceptable) ... but I can't hold it against him for pulling a hamstring, breaking a bone in his hand, experiencing a drug interaction (which I have experienced) nor for a disagreement with a position coach.(which happens on every team, it is not a big deal, ... players and coaches both say that it happens and everyone moves on)

I call him on it if he drops a pass, but I don't consider "drops" the same as others do either. A poorly thrown pass is not a drop.

But if anyone cares to notice, Owens is not the only Cowboy player that I defend. I defend them all and do not bash any of them.

I do call them out if they break the law or something, I can't defend that.

But each player is different, and none are perfect. Owens is expected (by some on this board) to never get a penalty, never drop a pass, never make a mistake or say the wrong thing.

I take up for Witten or Glenn if they drop a pass, for Romo if he throws a bad pass, for a DB if they blow a coverage or miss a tackle, ... so I will take up for Owens too if I feel he is getting a bum deal.

BTW, What was your username on A-360 ?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Alexander;1211640 said:
That was a temper tantrum, plain and simple.

Had Owens done the identical thing, it would not be called being "passionate about winning", it would be characterized as making an attempt to show frustration at it being a bad pass by the QB.

It was obvious he was upset at the no-call. You guys are trying to make something out of nothing.

Nobody in the NFL has temper tantrums I guess, and not only that every time they do it is front page news:rolleyes:

I also never knew that TO was victimized by his temper tantrums.

Please!!!