You can have Keyshawn Johnson

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1210455 said:
Why does the bad behavior of one receiver on another team somehow justify TO's bad behavior? :confused:

Keyshawn exhibited bad sportsmanship. So has TO.

TO is now acting properly. Keyshawn isn't.

So what?

Nothing Keyshawn did Monday night justifies what TO did in the past.

Give it a break with this rationalization.

I agree and I don't accept it from either. Too often people will excuses it for their own players yet call out other players on some other team. Poor behavior is poor behavior regardless of which team that player plays for.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1210456 said:
I saw the stuff you said " Well other guys do it too" please you don't say anything about TO and jump on others and the media when some one does say something. As for an attack on your character I said I was not that shallow I don't know about yours. Bottom line is I do not accept poor behavior period I don't care if it is one of our players or not. I'm sick of seeing people tolerate it because that is why it only gets worse in sports everyone accepts everything and anything

Like I said, when Owens does something that is actually wrong, and not just something that the media cooks up and exaggerates, I'll call him on it. (like late for a meeting or miss a meeting, .. and not for pulling his hamstring, breaking his hand, or a drug interaction)

So back to my reason for starting this thread, I will take Owens over Johnson, ... and obviously Jones and Parcells feel the same way as I do.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210474 said:
Like I said, when Owens does something that is actually wrong, and not just something that the media cooks up and exaggerates, I'll call him on it. (like late for a meeting or miss a meeting, .. and not for pulling his hamstring, breaking his hand, or a drug interaction)

So back to my reason for starting this thread, I will take Owens over Johnson, ... and obviously Jones and Parcells feel the same way as I do.

Anytime TO does something you start pointing at the actions of other players as if that makes it alright. As for the statement taking Owen over Key. I think Owens talent is much greater than Key and have never said otherwise. As for the reason for your thread come on you go off about how Key acted last night (which by the way I agree it was poor) as some justification for TO. Key action does not make any TO action alright

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1210483 said:
Anytime TO does something you start pointing at the actions of other players as if that makes it alright. As for the statement taking Owen over Key. I think Owens talent is much greater than Key and have never said otherwise. As for the reason for your thread come on you go off about how Key acted last night (which by the way I agree it was poor) as some justification for TO. Key action does not make any TO action alright

The reason I brought up KJ and Owens was because Owens gets villified for doing like 5% of what KJ or others do around the league.

Owens has not done as much as KJ did last night if you combined everything he has done since he has been here.

The double standard I guess is why I take up for Owens.

I take up for EVERY Cowboy, not just Owens, EVERY Cowboy, ... you won't find me here bad-mouthing ANY Cowboy player.

They are my Boys and I stand by them and defend them. I can't do otherwise.

The only time I have ridiculed a Cowboy that I can think of was Dave Campo, and I stand by that opinion.

aikemirv

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210514 said:
The reason I brought up KJ and Owens was because Owens gets villified for doing like 5% of what KJ or others do around the league.

Owens has not done as much as KJ did last night if you combined everything he has done since he has been here.

The double standard I guess is why I take up for Owens.

I take up for EVERY Cowboy, not just Owens, EVERY Cowboy, ... you won't find me here bad-mouthing ANY Cowboy player.

They are my Boys and I stand by them and defend them. I can't do otherwise.

The only time I have ridiculed a Cowboy that I can think of was Dave Campo, and I stand by that opinion.

You are absolutely wrong!

TO gets villified for doing anti team things.

Now, I will agree with you that the anti-team things he has done puts extra scrutiny on other things like have happenned in Dallas this year that did not justify the scrutiny, like the hamstring and the drug interaction problem, but the reason he is villified is the anti team things he has done, period!

Keyshawn was villified for the anti-team things he did in Tampa, you cannot argue that at all, he had to earn his rep back and I think as far as being a good teammate he has done that. He is still a loud mouth, no doubt.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
all i can say about Keyshawn is, we didnt have to trade Joey Galloway to get him.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
aikemirv;1210530 said:
You are absolutely wrong!

TO gets villified for doing anti team things.

OK, so what "anti team" things has Owens done here is Dallas.

I will give you the EZ celebration, even though I know it hurt the team I don't consider it an "anti team" action. He said he didn't know it was a penalty, but he should have known. He apologized and hasn't done anything since.

So what other "anti team" things has he done, .. what cancer has he brought to Dallas ?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
dude by rule he was fouled and it cost him the game.

TO missed an easy pass that woudl have been a game winner and oh ya earlier in the same game he took a nap on the football in the endzone and cost the team 15 yards on a vandy kick off.

and fyi no one has *****ed about TO in a long time other than he has stone hands so you are stirring a pot of crap just to do it.

Oh and parcell's guys don't act the same when someone other than parcell's is coaching them. Though in all honesty the entire premise of this thread is absurd since Key no longer plays here and I think you are just throwing rocks at a hornet's nest just to tick the hornets off.

aikemirv

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210576 said:
OK, so what "anti team" things has Owens done here is Dallas.

I will give you the EZ celebration, even though I know it hurt the team I don't consider it an "anti team" action. He said he didn't know it was a penalty, but he should have known. He apologized and hasn't done anything since.

So what other "anti team" things has he done, .. what cancer has he brought to Dallas ?

He really has done no anti team things here in Dallas and for the most part he has pretty decent here, much better than the Shockeys and S Smiths and Barbers who call out their coach and so forth. He has been on his best behavior for the most part and I really have not said anything negative about the meetings or the hamstring or the drug thing because to me they were overblown.

But, he earned his rep with the anti team things with Philly and his antics in San Fran and you guys seem to think that he just gets a free pass from the media now that he has been OK for 8 months.

Your actions bring consequences, he will have to live with those and so will his fans until they fade into obscurity because of good behavior - kind of like what Keyshawns actions in Tampa have done over the past 3 years.

You want it overnight!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
aikemirv;1210593 said:
He really has done no anti team things here in Dallas and for the most part he has pretty decent here, much better than the Shockeys and S Smiths and Barbers who call out their coach and so forth. He has been on his best behavior for the most part and I really have not said anything negative about the meetings or the hamstring or the drug thing because to me they were overblown.

But, he earned his rep with the anti team things with Philly and his antics in San Fran and you guys seem to think that he just gets a free pass from the media now that he has been OK for 8 months.

Your actions bring consequences, he will have to live with those and so will his fans until they fade into obscurity because of good behavior - kind of like what Keyshawns actions in Tampa have done over the past 3 years.

You want it overnight!

Good points, ... but see the words I underlined in your first paragraph, and then read your second paragraph.

How do we know that a bunch of the crap in Philthy and SF were not overblown.

I never really thought about it until I have seen what has happened here in Dallas.

Then see the words I underlined in your last paragraph and answer me this, ... how will he ever change peoples perception of him if any little thing he does gets negatively overblown.

Something to consider.

aikemirv

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210617 said:
Good points, ... but see the words I underlined in your first paragraph, and then read your second paragraph.

How do we know that a bunch of the crap in Philthy and SF were not overblown.

I never really thought about it until I have seen what has happened here in Dallas.

Then see the words I underlined in your last paragraph and answer me this, ... how will he ever change peoples perception of him if any little thing he does gets negatively overblown.

Something to consider.

I really think that is happening right now, he has had very little coverage lately, mostly because of the Romo story I think, and the only press coverage he has gotten at this point in the past few weeks are for the drops.

I really belive that if he keeps up this current path and keeps himself out of the limelight this will die down over the next few months to next year. Don't give the media any fuel and the fire will go out.

Do you really believe that the media, just out of the blue many years ago, decided that they were going to overblow everything TO did, just pick on him. I mean, he earned his rep, I don't see how you can deny that.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
aikemirv;1210632 said:
I really think that is happening right now, he has had very little coverage lately, mostly because of the Romo story I think, and the only press coverage he has gotten at this point in the past few weeks are for the drops.

I really belive that if he keeps up this current path and keeps himself out of the limelight this will die down over the next few months to next year. Don't give the media any fuel and the fire will go out.

Do you really believe that the media, just out of the blue many years ago, decided that they were going to overblow everything TO did, just pick on him. I mean, he earned his rep, I don't see how you can deny that.

It really blew up in Philly, and I am convinced that McNabb, Reid, and the owner was as much at fault as Owens.

But we all know McNabb is a media darling, and you don't cross McNabb in Phil.

I never paid much attention to Owens before he came to Dallas, so for me the slate was clean when he got here, and he has been OK for me since he signed last spring.

I only knew a little about him from the media while he was in SF & Philly, but a couple of things happened that I saw with him that made me like him. One was during a Philly/Steeler game, and the other was when he was on 'Punked'.

It let me see the kind of guy he really was.

I like the guy so I get critisized for defending him, but I have coached 100's of guys and I know they all aren't perfect and I see some that I have coached in him.

It looks as if Parcells is finding a place with him as well. All is good in my world.

cowboy4eva

Reaction score
I refuse to bash Keyshawn because as a Cowboy he won me over. Will forever me one of my favorite former Cowboys.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
You can blather on about TO's talent as much as you want, but when its fourth down and the game is on the line, he is the last person that I trust from this group of players.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Yeah and keyshawn is Preston Pearson, Please he is so overrated its sickening

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1211186 said:
You can blather on about TO's talent as much as you want, but when its fourth down and the game is on the line, he is the last person that I trust from this group of players.

That response is shocking coming from you, ... you who's username and whole existence on this board is based on a hate for Owens.

When we get close to the goal-line, I always find myself saying the same thing, .... "on the ground to Barber, or throw to Witten or Owens."

I forget about any dropped pass either may have had in the past, those two big bodies are who I want to go to.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1211225 said:
That response is shocking coming from you, ... you who's username and whole existence on this board is based on a hate for Owens.

When we get close to the goal-line, I always find myself saying the same thing, .... "on the ground to Barber, or throw to Witten or Owens."

I forget about any dropped pass either may have had in the past, those two big bodies are who I want to go to.

Was I talking about close to the goal line? No, I wasnt, thank you very much.

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1211225 said:

People forget that grab by Owens against the Deadskins for a TD that gave Dallas a lead...:rolleyes: