You can have Keyshawn Johnson

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1211230 said:
Was I talking about close to the goal line? No, I wasnt, thank you very much.

When you said "when the game was on the line", silly me, I assumed you meant near the end zone.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ilovejerry;1211202 said:
Yeah and keyshawn is Preston Pearson, Please he is so overrated its sickening

I never thought of Preston as "overrated". Care to explain?

Alexander

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210397 said:
I know what you are talking about, and who you are talking about, ... give me an example of this type of action from "you know who" while here in Dallas.

When has he taunted anyone, when has he thrown his helmet ?

When has he shown poor sportsmanship ?

OH, and I forgot to mention KJ calling someone a Mo ** last night, ... either someone behind him in the bench area or behind him in the stands, couldn't see who he was directing it towards.

People obviously are allowing their personal sentiments to cloud their ability to think rationally.

Your point is salient. Had Owens melted down like Johnson did last night, there would be a hundred threads here calling for his release.

It still will come down to either liking or disliking the player. And the person.

Always has and always will. Nobody will turn around and embrace Owens as many did Keyshawn Johnson simply because they harbor an idiotic grudge over a celebration that happened years ago.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I would welcome Keyshawn back onto this team with open arms. But not in place of TO.

Reaction score
I don't know. Key got jobbed so bad by the refs on that last play, I think I might have thrown the ref who blew the call....haha.
As far as the comparison, of course we improved by basically trading Key for TO-(Although his 11 drops already this year for the highest paid WR in the league drive me batty!). You just know he's going to lose a game for us with one of those drops.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1211320 said:
It's spelled h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y.:rolleyes:

Wow, that's nasty, ... what an unappealing characteristic to exhibit.

Nasty, but wrong.

h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y would be if I gave the pretense of having a virtuous character, or if I preached moral or religious beliefs or principles, that I didn't possess or practice, ... that's hypocritical.

If I pretended to have qualities or beliefs that I didn't really have, that's h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y

But I don't think that applies to condoning one players actions that to some resembles another players actions that I don't condon.
(even though I don't consider anything Owens has done to rate up there with what I saw during last night's game, ... I can only imagine what would transpire if Owens had thrown his helmet 50 ft)

WG called it ironic, which maybe closer but I'm not sure that is quite right either.

Maybe contradictory is the right word.

Maybe what I said was an ironic contradiction. :laugh2:

You might say that about me, but I am not a hypocrite.

You may not like me, but what you see is what you get from me, I am not a hypocrite.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Alexander;1211374 said:
People obviously are allowing their personal sentiments to cloud their ability to think rationally.

Your point is salient. Had Owens melted down like Johnson did last night, there would be a hundred threads here calling for his release.

It still will come down to either liking or disliking the player. And the person.

Always has and always will. Nobody will turn around and embrace Owens as many did Keyshawn Johnson simply because they harbor an idiotic grudge over a celebration that happened years ago.

I completely disagree. I don't think there would be any meltdown at all.

Keyshawn is passionate about winning and there was nothing detrimental to the team about that display. He was not screaming at his QB.

There is no comparison to anti-team behavior.

And, by the way, I did not like Keyshawn when he came here, but his behavior won me over.

Alexander

Reaction score
aikemirv;1211619 said:
I completely disagree. I don't think there would be any meltdown at all.

Keyshawn is passionate about winning and there was nothing detrimental to the team about that display. He was not screaming at his QB.

There is no comparison to anti-team behavior.

And, by the way, I did not like Keyshawn when he came here, but his behavior won me over.

That was a temper tantrum, plain and simple.

Had Owens done the identical thing, it would not be called being "passionate about winning", it would be characterized as making an attempt to show frustration at it being a bad pass by the QB.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
gyDUwfSK.gif

jem88

Reaction score
ilovejerry;1210389 said:
I wouldn't take him for Crayton, let alone T.O or Glenn, anyone who thins different needs there head checked,
The Crayton part is a bit much.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
You guys just don't understand. The problem with Keyshawn is that he's not on Dallas anymore.:laugh2:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
sandtrapp;1212031 said:
You guys just don't understand. The problem with Keyshawn is that he's not on Dallas anymore.:laugh2:

was he the one who shot J.R?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
sandtrapp;1212031 said:
lol, I still like Key and would have him on my team anyday, but he's no TO, antics aside, since both are arses

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
dogunwo;1210367 said:
Owens is better, but that doesnt mean Johnson sucks. Jake cant get him the ball. They have no chemistry together. Except for one pass in the Dallas game, Key has been money well spent for the Panthers, when they actually throw him the football.

Jake appears to be having a hard time getting anyone the ball. He'd probably been benched by now, but they don't have better in a backup.
Jake is having a bad season and as he goes so goes Carolina. Truly a one dimensional team. DeAngelo runs scared or doesn't know the offense. I can't figure out which.
Key is Key and Jake ain't helpin' one bit. He completely blew that last throw to Keyshawn in the endzone. Key had the guy......wrong side Jake.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Seven;1212051 said:
Jake appears to be having a hard time getting anyone the ball. He'd probably been benched by now, but they don't have better in a backup.
Jake is having a bad season and as he goes so goes Carolina. Truly a one dimensional team. DeAngelo runs scared or doesn't know the offense. I can't figure out which.

and their D isn't all what it's cracked up to be

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1211587 said:
Wow, that's nasty, ... what an unappealing characteristic to exhibit.

Nasty, but wrong.

h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y would be if I gave the pretense of having a virtuous character, or if I preached moral or religious beliefs or principles, that I didn't possess or practice, ... that's hypocritical.

If I pretended to have qualities or beliefs that I didn't really have, that's h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y

But I don't think that applies to condoning one players actions that to some resembles another players actions that I don't condon.
(even though I don't consider anything Owens has done to rate up there with what I saw during last night's game, ... I can only imagine what would transpire if Owens had thrown his helmet 50 ft)

WG called it ironic, which maybe closer but I'm not sure that is quite right either.

Maybe contradictory is the right word.

Maybe what I said was an ironic contradiction. :laugh2:

You might say that about me, but I am not a hypocrite.

You may not like me, but what you see is what you get from me, I am not a hypocrite.

You started a thread deliberately baiting fans who liked Key and were sorry he left in your obsessive mission to get everyone to feel as you do about Owens, and to enable his past or future behavior by comparing him to others.

Unfortunately, your act on this forum is similar to the Q-Hutch days, when it went from being about the players, to using the players to bash fellow posters. You displayed the same baiting technique so popular then...and then whined when you got called on it.

You are a hypocrite, in every sense of the word. You will defend or minimize everything a player you like does, and overlook nothing in one you don't. Just as you use Irvin to Owens' advantage, you now seek to use Johnson. But Owens is behaving himself..no one calls for his head...yet you still insist on creating antipathy.

I am starting to feel for TO that you make others dislike him.

If you said "I don't care what TO does because he's a Cowboy", I'd have some respect for you. Admit the double standard that most everyone shares to some degree when it comes to their "own". But you prefer to call out 'hater' on a daily basis when someone refuses to enable Owens' behaviour, then hypocritically call out KJ.

Once again it has become about the poster more than the player, but you have only yourself to blame for that.

Resist the temptation to bait others, is my advice.

You're not intellectually or morally equipped to win any battles. ;)