You can't say Jerry and Stephen are idiots

kskboys

Reaction score
I do not recall most fans, much less most actively posting members of the site, advocating the front office sign Dak Prescott to four years, $164 million, $126 million guaranteed as market value. In fact, I recall many members posting comments on this site stating Prescott's market value sitting between $18 million and $32 million a year.

So, when the OP states:

--it is both an exaggeration and definitely not equivalent to a majority of observers desiring a market value outcome as he described.
Well done, my good man.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are idiots, that was easy.

Yep, a lot of us said not to do it and they did: just like lots of other bad contracts they've given out over the years. This isn't about Dak or his deal: it's all about those two butthole surfers and their ineptitude. They are geniuses when it comes to one thing: making money. Running a successful NFL team that wins championships? Just a distant memory sadly. I feel sorry for all the younger fans that didn't get to see them in the 90's.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is a piece of advice that will likely go in one eyeball and out the other.

A minority of members creating a large volume of threads and/or posts does not equate as a majority opinion. It is simply a case of a few being perceived as much louder than a majority.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kept hearing it's market value yada yada, Dak at 20 million on a 3 year deal I believe was the general feeling by many folks here
The actual dollar amount fluctuated among various members but the majority of posters did not advocate $40 million+ per year on average. In fact, most posts did not come close to approaching that figure.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
.LMAO...REALLY???? Maybe if ole Skelector had fixed the oline and brough in a vet receiver we win last night! Maybe bringing Peters in earlier. Not to forget paying 2mill measly more to get Von Miller. Some of you guys want to always blame Dak. But Dak hasn't been here for the last 27 years. Ole Skelector has though:facepalm: So if we as Dallas Cowboy fans are going to have a REAL discussion in here. Let's be honest! Jerry destroyed one of the best NFL teams to play on a field back in the 90's. So how do you think anything now is gonna magically change by replacing Dak. Ask Tony Romo:laugh:

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
This is the worst FO in sports. Mainly because other FO that are this inept fire the people in charge. That isn’t EVER happening here.

the absolute worst
They lost 5-6 starters, but some of these fans act like losing starters is a good thing. There was nowhere left to go but down.

kevm3

Reaction score
lol@blaming Dak. Our "GM" intentionally crippled the franchise by letting a ton of talent and doing ZERO to replace it and yet we heard how these rookies were going to step up and everything was going to be fine because we like our guys. We have half the season to see someone else step up.

jnday

Reaction score
The funniest part is Jerry after the game said how surprised he was by how poorly the offense played. LOL

80% of the people on here called it and knew. How can you be soo clueless as a GM? Its your JOB to evaluate your team. Its like he is one of these hopeful homers on here with way he does his job. How can you possibly be a GM and run a team with that kind of blind homerism?
How in the hell could he be surprised? Jerry does not learn from his mistakes.

aikemirv

Reaction score
They did exactly what 80% of you wanted. Give Dak a big over paid contract.

Told other fans they are haters and should be banned.

Don't go pointing fingers. They did what everyone wanted. Don't go throwing stones and hiding your hands now.

More than half this forum has no right to complain or cuss out Jerry.

This is our bed now.

Sure I can,

From Romo not replacing Dak in year 1, to trading for Amari, to signing Dak, To signing D Lawrence, to giving in to Zeke, to letting Amari go without a replacement for nothing.

I was never on board with any of it!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now, I would like to go on record saying I do not disagree that Jerry and Stephen are idiots. Super Bowl runs are often fleeting and precious. When upper management allows themselves to get caught up in a wide sweeping euphoria of a winning season...

headed by a historic performance by a rookie

with a medically certified healthy veteran quarterback on the bench

and decide on pushing all their chips into the center of the table knowing no rookie quarterback had ever appeared in or won a Super Bowl

--yeah. I thought then and still think today they are some dumb, totally influential, football decision-making <expletive>.

Some of y'all have fun with that. Leaving for work now.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Don't go pointing fingers. They did what everyone wanted. Don't go throwing stones and hiding your hands now.

This is our bed now.
calm down 16 left time to adjust go find some help. if foles can win SB we can get viable BUP until dak is ready,

IF he goes and get a better backup for 6 games. Rush or Grier are 1-2 game type backups. We need a better option trade or find one available, thats better.

so if he rolls with what we have i say hes not committed to winning..do not waste this defense..we can establish a run game with 3 RBS 2 TE , Gallup and wash are coming back..

so no need to throw in the towel for draft picks no tanking.

if jerry and SJ go at least try and get a QB to fill in for 6 games you have to do this..trade or not..16 games left you do not roll with rush or grier, that's a white flag..

foofighters

Reaction score

This is our bed now.
What's this "WE" pooooo? I've been knocking Jerry for years and have been told I am hater for doing so.