Video: You don't know what you have until it's gone

USArmyVet

Reaction score
People act like our defense wasn't allowing 40 points a game when Dak was playing... He was the only reason we had a chance.

....and the excuse last season??? Dak led Dallas to an 8-8 record while Dallas outscored opponents 434 to 321....so last year the defense wasn't the issue but rather Dak choking in games where in the 8 losses Dallas lost by a combined 50 points.

Wood

Reaction score
Some of you did it to Romo. Some of you are doing it to Dak. I forgot how good this guy was this year

I think only few (bad) teams would pay him that money. If Dak doesn't move off his number they really have no choice but to let him go. That team still needs ton of starters on defense to fix.

Shane612

Reaction score
Someone pointed out Dak's record against teams with a winning record, and it wasn't good.
Not all his fault, but since you brought up Dak....
Know what I mean, Vern?
:thumbup:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
....and the excuse last season??? Dak led Dallas to an 8-8 record while Dallas outscored opponents 434 to 321....so last year the defense wasn't the issue but rather Dak choking in games where in the 8 losses Dallas lost by a combined 50 points.
Interesting. I don't frankly remember his choke plays. You have any on hand where he was the guy that lost those games?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What have we missed? Dak had a 1-3 record and was losing to the Giants before the injury.
You missed a several things.

The first is that the Cowboys were not behind the Giants when Dak got hurt, they were ahead 24-23.

The second is that the TD the Cowboys scored 2 plays after Dak got hurt to make the score 31-23 came after the team got to the 18 yard line with Dak at QB, so 31 of the Cowboys 37 points came on drives QB'd by Dak.

The third is that the team averaged 32.6 points per game when Dak started, and has averaged 14.7 since.

The fourth is that the defense allowed 36 points per game in the games Dak started, yet the Cowboys still manage a 2-3 record.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Interesting. I don't frankly remember his choke plays. You have any on hand where he was the guy that lost those games?

dak was certainly not as clutch as he had been in precious years last year. But choking? Don’t remember many of those.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You missed a several things.

The first is that the Cowboys were not behind the Giants when Dak got hurt, they were ahead 24-23.

The second is that the TD the Cowboys scored 2 plays after Dak got hurt to make the score 31-23 came after the team got to the 18 yard line with Dak at QB, so 31 of the Cowboys 37 points came on drives QB'd by Dak.

The third is that the team averaged 32.6 points per game when Dak started, and has averaged 14.7 since.

The fourth is that the defense allowed 36 points per game in the games Dak started, yet the Cowboys still manage a 2-3 record.

:hammer:

irishline

Reaction score
He could have handed the ball off to zeke but I’m sure he was trying to win the game, I mean I guess he could have just handed it directly to the other team to save zeke the embarrassment.

Dak had almost twice as many turnovers as Zeke did when he got hurt (7 for Dak, 4 for Zeke) and almost as many fumbles lost. Not defending Zeke at all but let's not act like both of them weren't putting us in early holes. In this case it was a "team" effort.

irishline

Reaction score
Records are a for teams not individuals. The offense averaged 32 points a game with Dak. That's good enough to win a super bowl.

Not blaming Dak for this but the team is spending $100 million on its offense, and only $50 million on defense. The offense better score a lot of points when you are paying nearly twice as much money on it, because our defense is not getting the resources it needs.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
@acr731 says lots of weird stuff for lots of weird reasons.
I like his humor, but things can go the way of the Ronin with him.

Me say weird things? Hogwash!

Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i dont think we were behind with the giants, cant remember seems like 5 years ago..

I believe Dalton came in with lead the snap got fumbled and gave the giants a scoring drive

It was a blow out until Dalton came in and saved us.

That's why Prescott faked his injury. He was about to be 1-4 and further exposed as the bum he truly is. Took the easy way out.

A buddy of mine saw him playing pickup basketball last weekend wearing a fake mustache.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It was a blow out until Dalton came in and saved us.

That's why Prescott faked his injury. He was about to be 1-4 and further exposed as the bum he truly is. Took the easy way out.

A buddy of mine saw him playing pickup basketball last weekend wearing a fake mustache.
I enjoy your game. Sometimes it gets heavy-handed and ridiculous, but you're the Likes leader, for whatever that's worth.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dak will not take the franchise tag again next year. From what I've heard so far, Dalton isn't going to stay here either.

Do you feel good with DiNucci or Gilbert leading this team? I don't.
What's he going to do, not play?

He is going to make 2 mil and change per game, whether he is healthy or not.

He WILL sign that tag if it comes to that.

I dont argue that there will be a parade lining up for Daltons services after this showing, but......yeah I think he has things just where he wants them here.

EST_1986

Reaction score
What a selfish player. All I saw him do is throw the ball to pad his stats with a sprinkle of some runs in there by him. He could have handed it off to Zeke a few times, lol.
we ony do that when looking for a quick turnover