You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

Blitzen

Reaction score
Here's a perfect example of hyperbole. It's a big word I know.
It basically means lying in order to justify your fights.
Nobody is trying to make romo "god-like".

It just centers around the whole debate that cannot be named-why some people favor Romo as the better QB than Dak despite stats.

I cannot care less about that debate-99.9% if not 100% of Cowboys’ fans don’t care who the QB is as long as there is great success in the postseason. We all blame Jerry as the root of the problem. The enormous bulk of people that actually care about Cowboys’ postseason success want to see a different team now (new QB)-this one plateaued and is on repeat.

Yet there are a few that want to hold on to the glory that is Dak Prescott.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is exactly what you said.

"Imagine hyping up beating the Lions but complaining about beating dogs lol….Romo got fat off beating dogs and losing to them…..the damn Giants and Vikings…."

Sure thing Captain. That 11 and 5 team with the 2nd ranked defense was a dog. lol. That 12 and 4 team that sacked Romo 6 times, then went on to take the NFCCG to OT, was a dog. lol
That team that had just taken the undefeated Patriots with their record setting offense to the brink, then went on to win the SB by beating the still undefeated Patriots and thier record setting offense, was a dog. Come on man!

Post this record of me saying the Cowboys sucked last year. It's one thing to constantly and childishly move goal posts and create strawman arguments, but it's quite another to resort to flat out lying. Are you not better than that?

Have another cup of coffee and try again later.
So admit you were wrong because I did not say that defense was dogs. You’re arguing against say which is typically what you do…..and yes you have said the Cowboys sucked your whole existence here is negative. Don’t do the mental gymnastics….if you can’t be honest debate with someone else…..now the Cowboys were good last season…unbelievable lol….they were dogs. Sorry. Not gonna let you use them to make Romo look better than he was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It just centers around the whole debate that cannot be named-why some people favor Romo as the better QB than Dak despite stats.

I cannot care less about that debate-99.9% if not 100% of Cowboys’ fans don’t care who the QB is as long as there is great success in the postseason. We all blame Jerry as the root of the problem. The enormous bulk of people that actually care about Cowboys’ postseason success want to see a different team now (new QB)-this one plateaued and is on repeat.

Yet there are a few that want to hold on to the glory that is Dak Prescott.
It’s interesting you see the ones who hold on to the glory that is Dak but not the Romo crowd lol.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So many excuses….

You mean like Dak was getting blown out even with Zach Martin?

That’s why you give credit to the “defense”..

What part of not even having on OL and the 3 all-pros do you keep ignoring?

Dalton put up 34 PPG WINNING 3 of the last 4 games after the bye and 4 of the last 7. He also gets credit for the Giants win, per Dak fanboy standards. Overall, 6 wins and 4 losses, unlike 1-4 Dak. It should have been another win, but like I said Lamb missed a wide open pass, right in his hands on the second to last play of the game which would have been a TD after the Dallas OL allowed Dalton to be sacked for a loss if 10.

Dalton averaged 34 PPG in the wins. You know what all this proves just like Rush? Even Dalton could put up the highest ranked scoring offense against bad teams on this team, with LESS HELP than Dak.

That Dak is irrelevant.
excuses!...really excuses!? like Lamb dropped a ball so then Dalton threw an interception...LOL. yeah. excuses. do you even listen to yourself.

Dalton put up 34..wow........against teams with injuries and back up QBs...so its ironic, you come up with excuses for Dalton dealing with injuries on the team, but totally ignore it for other teams he played against. I mean he went head to head with Nick Mullins (who?) and SF team that was 5-9 at the time and went 6-10...and the defense scored in that game to help him win by one score..... and Dalton got BLOWN out against teams who had their starting QBs. BLOWN OUT. totaling 39 points in 4 games he got BLOWN out....he beat two 4-11 teams on his way to his 3 wins...wow. color me impressed. beating up on losing teams...then in the same breath you criticize Dak for beating bad teams... so essentially he didn't beat any team with more than 5 wins.....even lost to the Giants in the last and most important game of the year for him....he had ZERO wins against any team with a winning record.

dude. dude..DUUUUDDDE...just give it up on Dalton. in his career he was 0-5 in playoffs. he was 0-12 in games of win or go home. the guy plain sucked.

I swear you can't make this stuff up...its so real, its freaking funny

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So admit you were wrong because I did not say that defense was dogs. You’re arguing against say which is typically what you do…..and yes you have said the Cowboys sucked your whole existence here is negative. Don’t do the mental gymnastics….if you can’t be honest debate with someone else…..now the Cowboys were good last season…unbelievable lol….they were dogs. Sorry. Not gonna let you use them to make Romo look better than he was.
Wow. The lengths you will go to defend the indefensible..... flat out embarrassing for you.

Sure Captain. You're trying to sell that the strength of the defense has no bearing on the overall quality of a team AND has no bearing on how successful the opposition's offense is against them. You're also stating that 11 and 12 win teams that advance to the Championship Game, if not the SB, are "dogs" that Romo "fattened up" on. Seriously Captain, have another cup of coffee and think this through a bit more.

Also noted how "I have you on record" has been reduced to some vague and carefully selected memories most likely taken out of context. You can't find one single piece of evidence to support your claim that I think the Cowboys "sucked", last year or any year 10+ years. Put up or shut up Captain. lol

The well established pattern of hypocritical, hyperbolic and disingenuous behavior is front and center, yet again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn’t talking to you. Secondly, let that man speak for himself….thirdly, there is nothing “big” about the word hyperbole…..but the fact that you think it means “lying”….maybe the word is too big for you because you don’t even know the proper definition maybe you should’ve googled it first?
Um....that's weird...you say the EXACT same thing as AC. Hmm...what a strange co-incidence.

At any rate, I will tell you the same thing again...you are talking to EVERYONE. You don't get to decide who replies to what.

2nd..I speak for NO man but myself. I often speak for fair debate. If you are a target of that..so be it.

3rd...I know full well the strict definition of hyperbole...I don't need to spend any more time discussing it with the likes of you.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath.

I don’t. This guy carries tons of strawmen around to avoid answering direct questions. There are plenty of others that use the same method.

We were talking about the potential extension of Dak and the reasoning behind why or why not do the extension. Then Romo gets brought up as diversionary tactics begin. Romo has nothing to do with Dak’s current contract situation.

Flamma

Reaction score
Have they made it with tied for worst playoff record though? Can you make it with almost no playoff success? Everyone talks about Marino not winning a Super Bowl but he made the Super Bowl at least for example.
There was at least one QB that made hall of fame without ever making the playoffs. Marino was just a flat out great QB. He didn't need a SB win. Plunket won 2 super bowls and he'll never see the HOF. Playoff success doesn't always guarantee you the HOF.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well I don’t use the Cowboys as a benchmark for talent……do you think the Cowboys were a very good team last year?
No. They were a good team. Not a contender for a championship. Not even close. I put most of that blame on Jerry, not Dak. But Dak isn't good enough to overcome Jerry. Dallas needs a top end, Mahomes/Burrow/Rodgers QB to even have a chance at getting to a SB.

Jayinem

Reaction score
There was at least one QB that made hall of fame without ever making the playoffs. Marino was just a flat out great QB. He didn't need a SB win.
The QB who never made the playoffs you're talking about from the 60's or 70's that doesn't even matter when we're talking about today. Dan Marino was SPECIAL, he's considered one of the best of all time and he at least made the Super Bowl and never had a running back. I would not say what Dak has done has been special which is what the hall of fame not hall of very good is. Ok he finished 2nd in MVP that's about it. If he had the same career in a Bears uniform would we even talk about it? You don't get in the Hall of Fame just for being a Cowboy Quarterback. Why hasn't Romo made the Hall of Fame? We're talking about essentially the same Quarterback Romo and Dak, some say Romo was better. Playoff success or lack of, equal.

Lamar Jackson will probably get there with 2 MVPs, that is the type of standard it takes to get there without a Super Bowl. Dak doesn't have that.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
The QB who never made the playoffs you're talking about from the 60's or 70's that doesn't even matter when we're talking about today. Dan Marino was SPECIAL, he's considered one of the best of all time and he at least made the Super Bowl and never had a running back. I would not say what Dak has done has been special which is what the hall of fame not hall of very good is. Ok he finished 2nd in MVP that's about it. If he had the same career in a Bears uniform would we even talk about it? You don't get in the Hall of Fame just for being a Cowboy Quarterback. Why hasn't Romo made the Hall of Fame? We're talking about essentially the same Quarterback Romo and Dak, some say Romo was better. Playoff success or lack of, equal.

Lamar Jackson will probably get there with 2 MVPs, that is the type of standard it takes to get there without a Super Bowl. Dak doesn't have that.
Good post. Lamar Jackson is not going in the HOF. I really liked Tony Romo, but I do not believe he is HOF. He is in the hall of very good.

We can talk about his until forever. Team matters. If the Jets draft Emmitt, is he the all time rushing leader? Is he even HOF? Is Aikman HOF if he's drafted by the Packers? The NFL is all about where you go. I think Saquan Barkley's career was ruined in NY for example.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wow. The lengths you will go to defend the indefensible..... flat out embarrassing for you.

Sure Captain. You're trying to sell that the strength of the defense has no bearing on the overall quality of a team AND has no bearing on how successful the opposition's offense is against them. You're also stating that 11 and 12 win teams that advance to the Championship Game, if not the SB, are "dogs" that Romo "fattened up" on. Seriously Captain, have another cup of coffee and think this through a bit more.

Also noted how "I have you on record" has been reduced to some vague and carefully selected memories most likely taken out of context. You can't find one single piece of evidence to support your claim that I think the Cowboys "sucked", last year or any year 10+ years. Put up or shut up Captain. lol

The well established pattern of hypocritical, hyperbolic and disingenuous behavior is front and center, yet again.
I’m not reading all of this are you gonna say you were wrong or not? I’m not going back and forth with you on this…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No. They were a good team. Not a contender for a championship. Not even close. I put most of that blame on Jerry, not Dak. But Dak isn't good enough to overcome Jerry. Dallas needs a top end, Mahomes/Burrow/Rodgers QB to even have a chance at getting to a SB.
What on earth has Burrow done he hasn’t won since LSU…..and did it with stacked weapons….
so that Lions team was a very good team but the Cowboys last year were just good?