You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yep, change of scenery may well help Dak. A franchise with less expectation and pressure may well get the best out of him.
Stafford was the consensus and first pick in the 2009 NFL draft drafted to the gutter dweller of NFL teams where he spent most of his career in the gutter. He is quite more talented than Dak who was picked in the 4th round of the 2016 draft as a backup, the same draft that saw Jared Goff picked first by the Los Angeles Rams who was traded to the Detroit Lions for Stanford. It’s a pipe dream to compare those QBs based on recent playoff history and potential.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So to be clear. You're saying that an 11 and 5 team with the 2nd ranked defense "sucked"? Lololol

BTW. Romo plays against the defense, not the offense.

Goodness gracious.
Yep. They were frauds. So let me get this straight…the Lions were good…..lost in the wild card to a Cowboys team that would lose the next round…but last years Cowboys team that lost to the Packers sucked? Your math ain’t mathing…….

Flamma

Reaction score
Lions sucked that year. I don't care about their 2nd ranked defense they sucked. What was their offense ranked?

My goodness.....
That Lions team was a very good team. I thought they had more talent on their team than the Cowboys.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Well….nobody thought Stafford would get one and here we are..
One of a handful of QBs in NFL history that won their first Super Bowl in their 30's. You could throw Dak in a better situation sure but ultimately the QB has to perform in the playoffs to win a Super Bowl. That does not guarantee Dak would deliver like Stafford did. He completed 70% of his passes in the playoffs with 9 TDs to 3 INTs and averaged 297 yards per game.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Plenty of QB make the HOF without a ring. Rodgers and Brees didn't need that ring to make the HOF.
Have they made it with tied for worst playoff record though? Can you make it with almost no playoff success? Everyone talks about Marino not winning a Super Bowl but he made the Super Bowl at least for example.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yep. They were frauds. So let me get this straight…the Lions were good…..lost in the wild card to a Cowboys team that would lose the next round…but last years Cowboys team that lost to the Packers sucked? Your math ain’t mathing…….
Good morning Captain Strawman.

Engage in that goalpost moving kid stuff with someone else. The Lions defense was far from the "dog" you claimed them to be in an effort to criticize Romo. Nor was the Vikings defense that sacked Romo six times.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
So to be clear. You're saying that an 11 and 5 team with the 2nd ranked defense "sucked"? Lololol

BTW. Romo plays against the defense, not the offense.

Goodness gracious.
Dude lives in Dak-fantasy land. In other words, he irrationally diminishes everything Romo did and elevates everything that Dak does or diminishes everything that makes him look bad except his own play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One of a handful of QBs in NFL history that won their first Super Bowl in their 30's. You could throw Dak in a better situation sure but ultimately the QB has to perform in the playoffs to win a Super Bowl. That does not guarantee Dak would deliver like Stafford did. He completed 70% of his passes in the playoffs with 9 TDs to 3 INTs and averaged 297 yards per game.
All I can do is give you examples. I can’t sit here and predict the future. Dak could be an All Pro two years from now or out the league or a backup. I can’t predict that. All I know is he’s coming off his first all pro season so I can’t assume he’d be bad next year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Good morning Captain Strawman.

Engage in that goalpost moving kid stuff with someone else. The Lions defense was far from the "dog" you claimed them to be in an effort to criticize Romo. Nor was the Vikings defense that sacked Romo six times.
I said the Lions were dogs I did not say the defense specifically was. They were overrated for sure. I have you on record saying the Cowboys sucked last year….yet you are here trying to pretend like that Lions team was good in order to make Romo look god-like. Stop it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Facts...so lets do facts which you conveniently ignore.d

against AZ, washington, Philly he played against their QB starters and got BLOWN out each time. I mean total of 22 points in 3 games.

then beat the viking. I give him that.

and then blown out again...against washington. I mean blown out. against playing against another team with their starting QB.

and then blown out again, against Raven...another team with their starting QB. then got lucky and got to play against nick mullins (WHO?) and SF with the help of defense scoring and helping him out and eeked out a win. and I give him philly and then big CHOKE against Giants throwing an interception in the end zone.

he won three games. he choked away a lead against Giants, then the team won it again because of Gallups, spactacular acrobatic catch. he should have kissed his foot after the game.

and here we go again, excuses excuses excuses. the interception is blamed on Lamb, as if no WR ever dropped a Dak pass.

Dalton was no wher close to being better than Dak. not in the same planet. not in the same galaxy...Dalton SUCKED. no excuses.

Dalton in fact proved we needed Dak at the time more than anything else.

you failed. again. aren't you tired of it?
So many excuses….

You mean like Dak was getting blown out even with Zach Martin?

That’s why you give credit to the “defense”..

What part of not even having on OL and the 3 all-pros do you keep ignoring?

Dalton put up 34 PPG WINNING 3 of the last 4 games after the bye and 4 of the last 7. He also gets credit for the Giants win, per Dak fanboy standards. Overall, 6 wins and 4 losses, unlike 1-4 Dak. It should have been another win, but like I said Lamb missed a wide open pass, right in his hands on the second to last play of the game which would have been a TD after the Dallas OL allowed Dalton to be sacked for a loss if 10.

Dalton averaged 34 PPG in the wins. You know what all this proves just like Rush? Even Dalton could put up the highest ranked scoring offense against bad teams on this team, with LESS HELP than Dak.

That Dak is irrelevant.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said the Lions were dogs I did not say the defense specifically was. They were overrated for sure. I have you on record saying the Cowboys sucked last year….yet you are here trying to pretend like that Lions team was good in order to make Romo look god-like. Stop it.
Here's a perfect example of hyperbole. It's a big word I know.
It basically means lying in order to justify your fights.
Nobody is trying to make romo "god-like".

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This is exactly what you said.

"Imagine hyping up beating the Lions but complaining about beating dogs lol….Romo got fat off beating dogs and losing to them…..the damn Giants and Vikings…."

Sure thing Captain. That 11 and 5 team with the 2nd ranked defense was a dog. lol. That 12 and 4 team that sacked Romo 6 times, then went on to take the NFCCG to OT, was a dog. lol
That team that had just taken the undefeated Patriots with their record setting offense to the brink, then went on to win the SB by beating the still undefeated Patriots and thier record setting offense, was a dog. Come on man!

Post this record of me saying the Cowboys sucked last year. It's one thing to constantly and childishly move goal posts and create strawman arguments, but it's quite another to resort to flat out lying. Are you not better than that?

Have another cup of coffee and try again later.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
More like a competent front office but yeah less pressures for sure wouldn’t hurt.
Well yea, nobody's backing the FO, but that doesn't mean Dak won't thrive in a less pressured scenario.
Not quite as pressured a job as Dak had, but I couldn't function under extreme stress and would need to (over) prepare in a hope to overcome those situations.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Stafford was the consensus and first pick in the 2009 NFL draft drafted to the gutter dweller of NFL teams where he spent most of his career in the gutter. He is quite more talented than Dak who was picked in the 4th round of the 2016 draft as a backup, the same draft that saw Jared Goff picked first by the Los Angeles Rams who was traded to the Detroit Lions for Stanford. It’s a pipe dream to compare those QBs based on recent playoff history and potential.
I don't care about ranking QB's, it's irrelevant. The point is that you put a QB into a different scenario (eg Stafford into a better O-Line and defense) and he can thrive.
I'm sure that Dak's development was helped by that near All-Pro O-Line and rushing champ.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here's a perfect example of hyperbole. It's a big word I know.
It basically means lying in order to justify your fights.
Nobody is trying to make romo "god-like".
I wasn’t talking to you. Secondly, let that man speak for himself….thirdly, there is nothing “big” about the word hyperbole…..but the fact that you think it means “lying”….maybe the word is too big for you because you don’t even know the proper definition maybe you should’ve googled it first?