You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

Jayinem

Reaction score
What on earth has Burrow done he hasn’t won since LSU…..and did it with stacked weapons….
so that Lions team was a very good team but the Cowboys last year were just good?
Are you serious right now? Two AFC Championship appearances and one Super Bowl appearance compared to Dak's little Divisional Round appearances? Those were not overly talented Bengals teams either he hasn't had a good o-line since being in the League he usually gets murdered.

If you're just going to be as simple as if you win the Super Bowl you're good otherwise you suck only Mahomes, Stafford and Rodgers are active players who have won it I believe. Rodgers is 40 and Stafford is getting close to past his prime so you just got Mahomes.

Last edited:

ksadler1

Reaction score
5-11 doesn't even sniff the playoffs.
12-5 is much different than that.
Things can always get worse.
Just saying, our next "franchise QB" could be worse than Dak.....
Won't that be fun......?
Let that sink in......
We can spin this however you want. The bottom line is that Dak is just not the guy. It's the SOS, different year. Time to move on. I wish Dak the best. Maybe he'll be that guy somewhere else. I just don't see it happening here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you serious right now? Two AFC Championship appearances and one Super Bowl appearance compared to Dak's little Divisional Round appearances? Those were not overly talented Bengals teams either he hasn't had a good o-line since being in the League he usually gets murdered.

If you're just going to be as simple as if you win the Super Bowl you're good otherwise you suck only Mahomes, Stafford and Rodgers are active players who have won it I believe. Rodgers is 40 and Stafford is getting close to past his prime so you just got Mahomes.
Huh? They were not talented? A stacked defense? Chase, Higgins and Boyd at receiver? Mixon at RB? Why are we revising history?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So let's recap. So far we've learned from the marathon man that 11 and 12 win teams with top ten defenses, who reach the CG and the SB, even winning the SB, are "dogs".

We've also learned that the QB who took over a terrible team and got them to the CG and the SB 'has never won anything'.

I can't wait for the next pearl of wisdom.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Huh? They were not talented? A stacked defense? Chase, Higgins and Boyd at receiver? Mixon at RB? Why are we revising history?
Dak wouldn't have made the playoffs with those Bengals teams with a bad o-line. Burrow has 148 sacks in 52 games his career and that doesn't include playoffs. 28 sacks in 7 playoff games. You think Dak is going to win those games with all those sacks? Get out of here. Dak only has 235 sacks in 8 seasons. Burrow has played 4 seasons.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Wilson. But your point is spot on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak wouldn't have made the playoffs with those Bengals teams with a bad o-line. Burrow has 148 sacks in 52 games his career and that doesn't include playoffs. 28 sacks in 7 playoff games. You think Dak is going to win those games with all those sacks? Get out of here. Dak only has 235 sacks in 8 seasons. Burrow has played 4 seasons.
If you give Dak Chase and Higgins it wouldn’t matter who his offensive line was. Hell give that to Cooper Rush and he’d make the playoffs. Guys make the playoff every years with below average lines.

Jayinem

Reaction score
You've just proven you don't understand football. You think you can just have good WRs and the O-line doesn't matter. Zack Martin never mattered I guess. You're not worth debating on any football subject.

I guess Dak didn't have CeeDee Lamb and Amari Cooper, or maybe they're just subpar wide receivers. The excuses never end with you you are just too much of a Dak homer.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were talking about me. Just because you weren’t man enough to tag me doesn’t change that.
How can one person just keep being so wrong. Truly amazing.
The ol' tough guy bully routine, eh.

Have at it internet super tough guy. Hypocrite cant follow his own rules.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So let's recap. So far we've learned from the marathon man that 11 and 12 win teams with top ten defenses, who reach the CG and the SB, even winning the SB, are "dogs".

We've also learned that the QB who took over a terrible team and got them to the CG and the SB 'has never won anything'.

I can't wait for the next pearl of wisdom.
The latest one....is dont reply to him unless he quotes you. Then he replies to you quoting someone else.
This guy thinks he can dictate who posts what when and who. Good lord....lotta nerve.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If you give Dak Chase and Higgins it wouldn’t matter who his offensive line was. Hell give that to Cooper Rush and he’d make the playoffs. Guys make the playoff every years with below average lines.
That's a wild take to me. I'd rather have a an elite Oline with middle of the road receivers than the other way around.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Wilson. But your point is spot on.
Blanked on him for some reason but another guy past his prime that the Steelers got for nothing. So basically there's no QB out there you can get because they have to have won a Super Bowl and 3 of them are past their primes, and you probably can't get Mahomes. Who knows maybe Dak + a 2nd round pick would nudge the Chiefs in the right direction.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a wild take to me. I'd rather have a an elite Oline with middle of the road receivers than the other way around.
Its a bad take. Weve proven over and over we are a better team with a beast o line. Been a long time since it got us anywhere....but we're better. :laugh:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It’s a re__rded take by anyone who knows football. It’s just another way to diminish Romo because he had many subpar offensive lines and so his and the team’s play suffered. Of course, he doesn’t realize that Dak would play just as horrid (look what happened in his sophomore season with the loss of Zeke and others on the offensive line), but no one takes his Dak-weighted opinions seriously anymore.

Blitzen

Reaction score

Dak would only start a couple games for those Bengals squads with that offensive line. His history with one poor offensive tackle and average running game speaks for itself.

Burrow was more talented at age 8 than Dak would be if he got to practice 100 years straight without aging. They both play NFL QB and are human-and then the differences in talent separate each other by universe distance.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How can one person just keep being so wrong. Truly amazing.
The ol' tough guy bully routine, eh.

Have at it internet super tough guy. Hypocrite cant follow his own rules.
The ol’ throw rocks and hide your hands routine. Now you claimed I wasn’t smart enough to know what “hyperbole” meant….when in fact you’re the one who thought it meant “lying”…now you’re embarrassed. But remember you always come at men’s you can’t do that and scream you were bullied.

Blitzen

Reaction score
What lol? I would think at this point even his biggest fans know there better chance of Aikman coming back than him….

I just figured you are trying to remain on the OP topic. Since the original post refers to what to do with Dak after this season-and you are wanting to know why I don’t worry more about other poster’s thoughts about Romo-it follows that you believe their thoughts on Romo has something to do with Dak’s future and what to do at the QB position going forward.