You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Can't say I loved the last 21 years either. An embarrassment of choking and losing in unbelievable fashion. That's your 21st century Cowboys with only 4 playoff wins this century. I know one thing. Being 5-11 a few years would force Jerry to do something because the only thing he cares about is being relevant.
Yeah, he did something last time, he hired Parcells who went 34-30 over 4 seasons with just 2 total play-off games. Both losses.
Not exactly any better or different than now.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Green Bay had Favre and did not move on from four until they were sure on Aaron Rodgers.

Many years later, Green Bay did not move on from Aaron Rodgers until they were sure Jordan Love was the guy.

The Colts did not move on from Peyton Manning until they had Andrew Luck.

Successful organizations don’t move on from guys until they have the guy.

If you don’t have a plan, it could be several 5-11 seasons (like Washington since cousins left).

So unless he drafts a qb, he would gambling the franchises stability and worth. Or he would have to believe in Trey Lance.

In 2016, I saw Dallas play Cleveland in Cleveland. Cleveland was winless (0-8?) and the fans that did show up (very little), all left by the end of the first quarter. Concession stands, etc. had no lines.

I don’t think he moves on until he has the guy in house. He moved on from Romo because he had Dak. He has shown that awareness in the past. And Dak and Dallas have made the playoffs consistently, he needs to step up in the playoffs.

It’s Jerry’s money, he has to pay Dak until he has someone better. He knows it, Dak knows it.

Go Cowboys!
What's the difference between "several 5-11 seasons" or "several 12-5 seaons" where your one and done in the playoffs? I'd rather this team not make the playoffs than to get embarrassed in the first round. This team is going on 30 years of failure. Let that sink in.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Both never brought a NFC Championship or SB to Dallas, so don't know why there's even a debate....they both couldn't get it done.
Unless this 2024 team that will be put together through training camp and preseason comes together - and make that long -hoped for NFCCG appearance...both Romo & Prescott should be objectively be remembered as very good Cowboys quarterbacks who - ALONG WITH THEIR TEAMMATES - fell short in the postseason opportunities they had.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Imagine calling the 2nd ranked defense in yards and 3rd in points a "dog".

Or the defense that was also top 10 in both categories.

My goodness....

Oh, and, imagine absolving Dak of all responsibility in a loss because he was sacked six times, but then stating Romo lost the game in which he was sacked six times.

You do have quite the imagination.
Lions sucked that year. I don't care about their 2nd ranked defense they sucked. What was their offense ranked?

My goodness.....

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
That's the game. But he didn't get away with it, They threw the flag. The receiver had a fistful of facemask everyone wants to ignore. The refs got together, and since they never call PI on both defender and receiver, decided to pick it up.
The only Cowboy fans who ignore that do so because they are also the ones who keep claiming that there are no refs with bias against Dallas. They have to seize upon just one side of that because then they can claim that not only are there no refs with bias against Dallas, but that, if anything, Dallas benefits from the refs.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Sorry, not possible. Certain conditions must be met to be a super bowl contender. Cowboys have no way to meet those conditions. We are at the very minimum around 7-8 players away from that.
Anything's possible. Likely is a different story.,.

raven55

Reaction score
move on then we don't have the franchise QB on the roster now just a pretender thanks to the lowball front office trying the late rounds you get what you got a 4th round trying to be a 1st round

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
What's the difference between "several 5-11 seasons" or "several 12-5 seaons" where your one and done in the playoffs? I'd rather this team not make the playoffs than to get embarrassed in the first round. This team is going on 30 years of failure. Let that sink in.
5-11 doesn't even sniff the playoffs.
12-5 is much different than that.
Things can always get worse.
Just saying, our next "franchise QB" could be worse than Dak.....
Won't that be fun......?
Let that sink in......

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

You don't move on from Dak unless you have The Franchise already on the roster.

And if you don't ever get The Franchise? What do you do? Wait until your quarterback plays 20 years and never gets you to the SB?

Bengals kept Ken Anderson 10 years before he made the SB, which he lost. Played another few years, never got back to the SB again. Ended up almost as bad as Dak with a 2-4 playoff record.

So the Bengals went 13-14 years and never won the SB. Was that the right decision, in hindsight?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Lions sucked that year. I don't care about their 2nd ranked defense they sucked. What was their offense ranked?

My goodness.....
They were 11-5 you buffoon, 2nd to the Packers in the division, 2nd in total D, 3rd in points allowed on D, middle of the pack on O even though Stanford threw for 4200+ yards. Dak choked to a 9-8 wildcard team.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I’m not getting into the Dak sucks-no he doesn’t cycle but I would like to ask his defenders that are using the OP reason for extension a few questions. Do you believe that the Cowboys have a better chance at winning a SB with Dak, than another new QB drafted? If yes, why would you think Dak breaks all time NFL record books to accomplish the feat (considering 9 year veterans never do when never even making it to a CCG with the same team). If you side with math, then Dak has a zero percent chance of accomplishing the feat. Since the squad cannot do worse than a zero percent chance-how would another QB yield less of a chance than zero?

I guess I have not ever been in awe of the glory that is Dak Prescott, and do not care which QB yields the next SB win for the Cowboys. My question is why are some holding on to Dak like his excellence is too good to let go of, lol. Great QB’s are not a dime a dozen, but goodish ones are way more prevalent. Goodish QB’s can look very good on excellent rosters and terrible busts on terrible rosters. Whoever thinks that somehow CJ Stroud accomplishes way more than Bryce Young if he had to play for the Panthers is so hopeless that they will never understand why so many 1st round QB’s bust in the first place.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I think Dak is already reaching historic levels of being given the longest leash for doing so little in the playoffs. You just don't see teams hold onto Quarterbacks for 10+ years who don't at least get you to the Conference Championship. They did it with Romo too this is a repeat. Usually they'll give you a second contract if you do well in your rookie contract maybe just win a playoff game or two or win your division. But by the second contract, you've got to deliver in the playoffs. Dak hasn't, and by the losses we've had in free agency there's no indication he will next season his last year of his contract.

And you can blame the defense all you want but Dak didn't score enough against SF twice and turned the ball over in each game then Green Bay he turned the ball over twice and didn't do anything on the offense side that lead us to 27-0. Yes he fought back hard to get 32 points but it was too late by then. That's not saying the defense didn't stink in that game they were awful, but that doesn't give him a free a pass. And in both SF games the defense was good.