You don't sign the guy that's 2-5 in the playoffs to 60 mill a year

Creeper

Reaction score
I am starting to think Jerry agrees with the OP. In fact, I think Jerry is going to apply the same logic to every position. This could be the last year we see Dak and CeeDee on the Cowboys. Jerry is talking like he'd rather have 5 JAGs than 1 star player. I really think Jerry is showing signs of age - mentally that is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The last time we saw Dak he was helping the Packers.
Wow another Prescott post there's only like 75 other ones you know...hmm nice be unique NOTY!!!

if you look around the league there are a lot of highly paid quarterbacks and players for that matter they're making 25 to $55 million a year that are not helping their team win in the playoffs it's the market you've continued to pay players and by the way you do realize that Peyton Manning started his career out three and six in the playoffs before he finally broke through I believe it was his ninth year that he won a Super Bowl that's right guys get paid regardless,

I mean why do somebody go after a guy like Matthew Stafford what they pay Matthew Stafford with the Rams when they picked him up also use draft picks so he can come over and help a team that was already Super Bowl ready as if he was the only part that won the Super bowl but they gave up assets and money to get a guy who did nothing in his career up to that point...

• How about Russell Wilson, I realize he won a Super Bowl but he was technically on the downside of his career hadn't even done much how much assets did Denver give up then hand him a contract no questions asked before one game is played with a Broncos uniform on his back and then now they cut him and are eating $85 million for him not to be there and play for the Steelers who by the way are probably gonna end up beating Denver a couple of times this year with Russell Wilson.
  • How about the $250 million handed out fully guaranteed to deshaun Watson who was on suspension and didn't even play for them for his 1st 18 games as a brown and what exactly has he done before or after he became a brown?
  • And I realized Aaron Rodgers is a big time player in the past he's won one Super Bowl in like I don't know 15 years how long has this dude been in the league what did The Jets give up to get him literally assets for the draft end paying him big money just to get hurt and sit on the bench and do nothing for them last year didn't play a single game really one series was that worth 50 million or did he take that cat reduction for one year but now they owe him 55,000,000?
  • And how about all these other big contracts that have been handed out to players who have not done any better in the playoffs I mean has it Lamar Jackson who's deemed an MVP in this league who had a much better defense in the playoffs and they were one of the number one rushing teams in the league literally on a better team with better coaches and he's only got two playoff wins last I checked but yeah he's on a better team that got to a championship game big freaking deal still not a Super Bowl and he's still making a lot of money.
  • And I know it's not on the same level as your $60 million guess because that's the number people put out there is not even realistic because nobody knows what the demands are but Daniel Jones got $42 million and that dude basically maybe ranked 20th in the league as a quarterback$42 million for basically a glorified backup. Why do I say that because his backups like Joshua Dobbs and other people have come in they played as good as him on that team.
  • That's just the name of few they're an awful lot of quarterbacks like kyler Murray and I know he's got a few more wins but really Josh Allen hasn't done much more than Prescott there's a lot of quarterbacks making big money and then you can add in the fact that there's a lot of skill players who are making 25 to $30 million a year now and they're on teams that are not doing anything in the playoffs so why are they getting a pass so if you don't want to pay Prescott we should also trade Trayvon diggs and CD lamb and Micah Parsons because they're all part of the failure..
So, my point is sometimes players that are top five at their respective positions get paid and many times overpaid, and they are also attached to the playoff records of their team or the ones that don't even make the playoffs.. You either have great players or you don't but the Cowboys draft a lot of really good players that are due for big contracts I'm not saying we should get Prescott 55,000,000 but your premise is ridiculous so is anybody else's argument that he shouldn't get paid but it seems like everyone else does and outside of Patrick mahomes no one else is delivering either and that's just talking about quarterbacks there are a lot of dudes making big money I mean right now they're talking about Justin Jefferson you know getting close to $30 million a year with 75,000,000 guaranteed exactly what's he doing in the playoffs and any other of these pass rushers and these big time players making this money they're getting market money as well they're getting top five market setting money and all you can do is bring up Prescott..

Again super unique ohh it's not but people keep posting the same thing let's talk about all the other players let's play for the Dallas Cowboys in the last 28 years... There's been a lot of dudes around here long before Prescott to start this 28 years of no championship games and no Super Bowls and a lot of them have made big time contracts it is just part of the NFL if you have the guy you either pay him or trade him the most teams I'm gonna keep searching for a guy and so we get rid of Prescott and look for the next guy who can get us to the playoffs on a regular basis win divisions on a regular basis how long you think it's gonna take???

So say five years from now we finally established a new quarterbacks and he also gets us to the playoffs but never gets us to a Super Bowl then what you just keep doing this over and over or do you just don't waste assets at least the Dallas Cowboys if they pay Prescott did not go out and give up three first round picks or a pile of draft picks and then pay the guy I already mentioned that above at least we're not wasting draft picks and money lots of teams in the NFL have went out and gave up draft picks a lot of good draft picks only to have a player that's either on Prescott sub or far below him...​

But hey if everyone in here has their way we'll be winning the draft day and free agency for a while we're not winning any playoff games at all maybe not even getting close to a playoff game that'll make you guys happy because you'll have something to talk about during free agency and the draft because we'll be picking high in the draft for a while...

i know it doesn't seem like it to many fans but we were lucky to go from romo to Prescott if you want to remember how bad a drought we had going from Troy to Romo but we could end up being one of those teams searching for 5-10 years for a qb close to either of those guys.

just as an ender 95 quarterbacks have been drafted since 2016 only ONE has won a SB..let that sink if. Most are no longer on the team they were drafted or out of the league..

HungryLion

Reaction score
The huge gap in talent between Jordan Love and Dak Prescott should've been eye-opening to the biggest Dak Stan's and that includes Jerry and his dufus son, if they really ever were..
This is true. As somebody who did defend Dak for years. That packers game was eye opening. I saw a QB making beautiful throws off his back foot and dropping dimes all over the field.

And then there was Dak……..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am starting to think Jerry agrees with the OP. In fact, I think Jerry is going to apply the same logic to every position. This could be the last year we see Dak and CeeDee on the Cowboys. Jerry is talking like he'd rather have 5 JAGs than 1 star player. I really think Jerry is showing signs of age - mentally that is.
NO, i think jerry's thinking like you all.. man you've been hating on our quarterback in many of our players for years. now that jerrys caught up to your thinking like blowing it up becoming the jets or worse now you are worried?

all of a sudden we like our guys is a good thing lol i mean our guys we've been drafting very good to great players who eventually demand market money because we have a good team.. jerry has always paid those guys and many say holds on guys too long or overvalues them, now that hes reversing field in your opinion its bad thing LOL

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Tell you, something snapped in Jerry after that GB butt kicking. I mean it's one thing to go out there and lose a close one. It's quite another thing to watch your vaunted offense not even put up points until late in the first half. I mean what does it tell you that GB was pulling it's starters in the 3rd quarter and most of them were already starting to take off tape and rest up. No one who watched that game in an unbiased manner would ever seriously think that the Dallas offense was ever going to mount a comeback and here is the thing, beat up on the defense all you want but the offense is where the money is spent on this team and they produced NOTHING.

blueblood70

Reaction score
you mean you last time you saw the cowboys everybody on the team was helping the packers...that includes all positions no run game, bad ; OL, Noone open, worst defense ive ever witnessed in playoff game by the boyz.. that means by your premise TRADE and or cut everyone and for sure by this premise Parsons, Diggs, CD lamb need to be traded DO NOT PAY them they were helping the packers..(yes Diggs hurt but his absence helped the packers :)) )

by the way first interception that was pass interference and bad route no call but blame dak , 2nd one CD broke off his route Dak already let the ball go to spot ie timed route and well lamb went up field instead. Sure, blame dak..

i find it ironic that the san Francisco had a first half very much the same against the lions but their D, STs and coaching fought hard , didn't give up , made stops and get the O the ball back and eventually they came back to win. our D gave up 3 straight TDs to start the 2nd half.. sure its on dak LMAO..

Qcard

Reaction score
Ya, no. A retired Joe Flacco got the brown into the playoffs. The sooner Jerry figures out he needs a new QB, the better.
The notion that Joe Flacco got the Browns into the playoffs :lmao: :lmao: informs more about the level of Football acumen amongst football “fans”

Ever wonder why most NFL players Hate talking to fans……This level of QB worship only exists beyond professional locker rooms:facepalm:

jujoboys

Reaction score
You also don't keep a HC that had his team as unprepared as I have ever seen any playoff team before. We were heavily favored and at home and looked like trash. Couldn't run the football. Couldn't pass the football until garbage time. Couldn't stop the run. Had WRs and TEs running around in our secondary with no defender within 20 yards.

So if Jerry can keep McCarthy around don't be shocked if Dak can be kept around too. We are talking about a guy that kept Jason Garrett around for almost a decade. Incompetence is what Jerry excels in when it comes to his duties as a GM. Any other GM would have been fired 25 years ago if not sooner.

Big_D

Reaction score
Painting themselves into a corner is their favorite thing to do. It only gets worse at this point if they actually think Dak is worth 60+. Just a stupid, stupid football team.

Brax

Reaction score
Wow another Prescott post there's only like 75 other ones you know...hmm nice be unique NOTY!!!

if you look around the league there are a lot of highly paid quarterbacks and players for that matter they're making 25 to $55 million a year that are not helping their team win in the playoffs it's the market you've continued to pay players and by the way you do realize that Peyton Manning started his career out three and six in the playoffs before he finally broke through I believe it was his ninth year that he won a Super Bowl that's right guys get paid regardless,

I mean why do somebody go after a guy like Matthew Stafford what they pay Matthew Stafford with the Rams when they picked him up also use draft picks so he can come over and help a team that was already Super Bowl ready as if he was the only part that won the Super bowl but they gave up assets and money to get a guy who did nothing in his career up to that point...

• How about Russell Wilson, I realize he won a Super Bowl but he was technically on the downside of his career hadn't even done much how much assets did Denver give up then hand him a contract no questions asked before one game is played with a Broncos uniform on his back and then now they cut him and are eating $85 million for him not to be there and play for the Steelers who by the way are probably gonna end up beating Denver a couple of times this year with Russell Wilson.
  • How about the $250 million handed out fully guaranteed to deshaun Watson who was on suspension and didn't even play for them for his 1st 18 games as a brown and what exactly has he done before or after he became a brown?
  • And I realized Aaron Rodgers is a big time player in the past he's won one Super Bowl in like I don't know 15 years how long has this dude been in the league what did The Jets give up to get him literally assets for the draft end paying him big money just to get hurt and sit on the bench and do nothing for them last year didn't play a single game really one series was that worth 50 million or did he take that cat reduction for one year but now they owe him 55,000,000?
  • And how about all these other big contracts that have been handed out to players who have not done any better in the playoffs I mean has it Lamar Jackson who's deemed an MVP in this league who had a much better defense in the playoffs and they were one of the number one rushing teams in the league literally on a better team with better coaches and he's only got two playoff wins last I checked but yeah he's on a better team that got to a championship game big freaking deal still not a Super Bowl and he's still making a lot of money.
  • And I know it's not on the same level as your $60 million guess because that's the number people put out there is not even realistic because nobody knows what the demands are but Daniel Jones got $42 million and that dude basically maybe ranked 20th in the league as a quarterback$42 million for basically a glorified backup. Why do I say that because his backups like Joshua Dobbs and other people have come in they played as good as him on that team.
  • That's just the name of few they're an awful lot of quarterbacks like kyler Murray and I know he's got a few more wins but really Josh Allen hasn't done much more than Prescott there's a lot of quarterbacks making big money and then you can add in the fact that there's a lot of skill players who are making 25 to $30 million a year now and they're on teams that are not doing anything in the playoffs so why are they getting a pass so if you don't want to pay Prescott we should also trade Trayvon diggs and CD lamb and Micah Parsons because they're all part of the failure..
So, my point is sometimes players that are top five at their respective positions get paid and many times overpaid, and they are also attached to the playoff records of their team or the ones that don't even make the playoffs.. You either have great players or you don't but the Cowboys draft a lot of really good players that are due for big contracts I'm not saying we should get Prescott 55,000,000 but your premise is ridiculous so is anybody else's argument that he shouldn't get paid but it seems like everyone else does and outside of Patrick mahomes no one else is delivering either and that's just talking about quarterbacks there are a lot of dudes making big money I mean right now they're talking about Justin Jefferson you know getting close to $30 million a year with 75,000,000 guaranteed exactly what's he doing in the playoffs and any other of these pass rushers and these big time players making this money they're getting market money as well they're getting top five market setting money and all you can do is bring up Prescott..

Again super unique ohh it's not but people keep posting the same thing let's talk about all the other players let's play for the Dallas Cowboys in the last 28 years... There's been a lot of dudes around here long before Prescott to start this 28 years of no championship games and no Super Bowls and a lot of them have made big time contracts it is just part of the NFL if you have the guy you either pay him or trade him the most teams I'm gonna keep searching for a guy and so we get rid of Prescott and look for the next guy who can get us to the playoffs on a regular basis win divisions on a regular basis how long you think it's gonna take???

So say five years from now we finally established a new quarterbacks and he also gets us to the playoffs but never gets us to a Super Bowl then what you just keep doing this over and over or do you just don't waste assets at least the Dallas Cowboys if they pay Prescott did not go out and give up three first round picks or a pile of draft picks and then pay the guy I already mentioned that above at least we're not wasting draft picks and money lots of teams in the NFL have went out and gave up draft picks a lot of good draft picks only to have a player that's either on Prescott sub or far below him...​

But hey if everyone in here has their way we'll be winning the draft day and free agency for a while we're not winning any playoff games at all maybe not even getting close to a playoff game that'll make you guys happy because you'll have something to talk about during free agency and the draft because we'll be picking high in the draft for a while...

i know it doesn't seem like it to many fans but we were lucky to go from romo to Prescott if you want to remember how bad a drought we had going from Troy to Romo but we could end up being one of those teams searching for 5-10 years for a qb close to either of those guys.

just as an ender 95 quarterbacks have been drafted since 2016 only ONE has won a SB..let that sink if. Most are no longer on the team they were drafted or out of the league..
2-5 and one of those against a sub .500 playoff team, 46-16 with 6 minutes left and help the GB cause with 13 points off int’s , QB draw with time expiring, 17 points and 12 points face it he just is a choker. Most of those QBs you named most likely won those games. You can’t win them all but Dak has trouble winning against good teams in crucial games. Dak should of been cut before he left the stadium and MM should of been fired and not allowed in the dressing room

Sandyf

Reaction score
Ya, no. A retired Joe Flacco got the brown into the playoffs. The sooner Jerry figures out he needs a new QB, the better.
Yes he did although wasn't much to compete against except Hoston, Baltimore, Kansas City, and Buffalo in AFC.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The notion that Joe Flacco got the Browns into the playoffs :lmao: :lmao: informs more about the level of Football acumen amongst football “fans”

Ever wonder why most NFL players Hate talking to fans……This level of QB worship only exists beyond professional locker rooms:facepalm:
isn't it ironic the very next playoff game that the defense didn't show up and they didn't have much of a run game that Flacco looked like a Jag totally had a terrible game and it's odd because if Flacco was so good why aren't the Browns keeping him as a backup they let him go it's like everyone around here thinks Cooper rush can go as far further than Prescott it's ridiculous that they don't actually look around at what the team is doing....

khiladi

Reaction score
isn't it ironic the very next playoff game that the defense didn't show up and they didn't have much of a run game that Flacco looked like a Jag totally had a terrible game and it's odd because if Flacco was so good why aren't the Browns keeping him as a backup they let him go it's like everyone around here thinks Cooper rush can go as far further than Prescott it's ridiculous that they don't actually look around at what the team is doing....
Got curb stomped by a rookie and real QB.. not sure that helps your argument…

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I wouldn't sign him at all, and the desperate and disastrous moves other teams make are no excuse for bad management.
then that's a viable option. my comment was in regards to current QB market in the NFL. there are 2 elites. and then there is the rest. perhaps allen is in the next potential group, but the rest at this point is not much different results. so not enough Elite QBs going around. so we are caught between a rock and a hard place for QB position