You don't sign the guy that's 2-5 in the playoffs to 60 mill a year

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is true. As somebody who did defend Dak for years. That packers game was eye opening. I saw a QB making beautiful throws off his back foot and dropping dimes all over the field.

And then there was Dak……..
our defense played fantastic in that game. I mean love was under pressure all game and Jones struggled with getting yards on the ground

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
2-5 and one of those against a sub .500 playoff team, 46-16 with 6 minutes left and help the GB cause with 13 points off int’s , QB draw with time expiring, 17 points and 12 points face it he just is a choker. Most of those QBs you named most likely won those games. You can’t win them all but Dak has trouble winning against good teams in crucial games. Dak should of been cut before he left the stadium and MM should of been fired and not allowed in the dressing room
Dak sucked in the game against GB.
CD sucked
defense sucked
Pollard sucked
McCarthy sucked
Quinn sucked.

the whole team sucked. I am not happy about Dak's play, but I will not dismiss the rest of them sucking. you don't give up 48 points because you are a good defense. lets take out the 13 points. you don't give up 35 points for being a good defense. you don't pout on the sideline in the most important game of the year. the whole thing was total embarassement for anyone who had any affiliation with cowboys organization.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Jerry is truly getting advice from Jimmy J, he may agree. I think if the right offer is made for Dak, we might see something on draft day. Which would explain why no extension and rush to sign high level free agents. Then it makes a ton of logic. In a rebuild, this makes sense.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
CD sucked
defense sucked
Pollard sucked
McCarthy sucked
Quinn sucked.

the whole team sucked. I am not happy about Dak's play, but I will not dismiss the rest of them sucking. you don't give up 48 points because you are a good defense. lets take out the 13 points. you don't give up 35 points for being a good defense. you don't pout on the sideline in the most important game of the year. the whole thing was total embarassement for anyone who had any affiliation with cowboys organization.
Which is fine and dair to say...however, Dak has routinely choked/sucked/gagged/spit the bit in the playoffs. This isn't new or even unexpected from him. Yeah nobody had a good game, but until they pulled the starters he was literally lost/confused/shaky/scared out there...per the usual. People want to say he's the leader, well he led and the team followed.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Jerr'ah is making the exact same mistake he did with Garrett. He is so afraid of starting over he is holding on too long. Fear is no way to run a franchise and win championships.

Qcard

Reaction score
isn't it ironic the very next playoff game that the defense didn't show up and they didn't have much of a run game that Flacco looked like a Jag totally had a terrible game and it's odd because if Flacco was so good why aren't the Browns keeping him as a backup they let him go it's like everyone around here thinks Cooper rush can go as far further than Prescott it's ridiculous that they don't actually look around at what the team is doing....
:hammer: :hammer:

tomokawan

Reaction score
Which is fine and dair to say...however, Dak has routinely choked/sucked/gagged/spit the bit in the playoffs. This isn't new or even unexpected from him. Yeah nobody had a good game, but until they pulled the starters he was literally lost/confused/shaky/scared out there...per the usual. People want to say he's the leader, well he led and the team followed.
That's fine, but I am gonna ignore all that. Dak choked. LOL

Brax

Reaction score
CD sucked
defense sucked
Pollard sucked
McCarthy sucked
Quinn sucked.

I think Dak took the heart out of them, Those 2 int’s don’t happen and it’s 14 - 7 at half time. Don’t blame Dak for everything but he was the major contributor when he failed to show up again. MM he’s a disgrace that yet again had a team especially the O unprepared with had no clue what to do. Sad

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Jerry is truly getting advice from Jimmy J, he may agree. I think if the right offer is made for Dak, we might see something on draft day. Which would explain why no extension and rush to sign high level free agents. Then it makes a ton of logic. In a rebuild, this makes sense.
Dak is not going to do the Cowboys the favor of agreeing to be traded. He’s either on the Cowboys this season or they cut him. Since they just paid him $5 million I’m going to guess they’re not cutting him.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I think Dak took the heart out of them, Those 2 int’s don’t happen and it’s 14 - 7 at half time. Don’t blame Dak for everything but he was the major contributor when he failed to show up again. MM he’s a disgrace that yet again had a team especially the O unprepared with had no clue what to do. Sad
The heart was taken out the first drive of the game. SMH. The defense gave up 3 straight touchdowns to start the second half too.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not defending Dak but this entire team gets curb stomped in the playoffs.

How much do you pay Micah? Would a strip sack or two have come in handy against the Packers? How much do you pay Lamb? He doesn't drop that pass on Dallas' first drive, maybe it's a tie game. How much do you pay Bland eventually? How many Packers receivers were running free that afternoon?

As much as we want to make Dak's 2-5 playoff record the issue, the bottom line is he is only part of the problem. Changing quarterbacks does not change the fundamental issues that have been in play here since 1996. Really, since 1994 when Jimmy Johnson left, but the Cowboys he built were so talented they still won one more Super Bowl without him before it all crumbled down.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
Then darker days are coming. Buckle up.
I've been a Dallas cowboys fan since 1990 I know all about dark days. I've been around long enough to see the highest highs and the lowest lows. And I felt the same way you do back in 2021 but it's not 2021 anymore. Something's got to give.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Comparing Apples to Oranges (using stats) to fit your agenda is well funny, to say the least.
Dak is not on the same talent level as Jackson or Herbert.
If you think Dak will get close to the monies that Jackson and Herbert received you're wrong to put it nicely.
Dak will be lucky to get a Kirk Cousins deal..........yes Lucky!
P.S. Its OK to come out of the Dak closet bud its a free country and we are all entitled to our opinions.
Dam bro, you are seeing agendas and conspiracies at every turn, LOL

Personally, I am a fan of the team, not of a single player. So, if Dak is on the team I root for him, if he is playing for the Raiders next season I will totally care less.

Go outside and touch grass bro, not everything in life is a conspiracy or a hidden agenda.;)

droopdog7

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people wanting to move on from Dak, so long as they are realistic. Moving on from Dak could mean years of losing, which also means that guys like Ceedee and Micah maybe should be traded as well.

So sure, if that's what you want, good for you. But I'm afraid most people are not realistic about that.

Cmac

Reaction score
I've been a Dallas cowboys fan since 1990 I know all about dark days. I've been around long enough to see the highest highs and the lowest lows. And I felt the same way you do back in 2021 but it's not 2021 anymore. Something's got to give.
2021? I've been a Cowboys fan a bit longer, but no kudos for such. We've had darker moments during the post-Aikman days for sure, and that includes with TRomo too (injuries,ints, playoff failures, and 8-8 repeats). We're about to go backwards to growing pains similar to the likes of Carter, Wright, Hutchinson and a Bledsoe to name a few.

Our franchise got lucky with TRomo inserted as the starting QB, and even Dak ultimately replacing him. They both gave hope, but franchise dysfunction (coach selections, unaccountable performances, draft busts, etc.) stifled both. Seems ownership and fan base or board posters prefer amnesia to many moments that don't even include Dak. It is what it is........laughable.

As for being a fan so long.......I watch the product on the field and I'm realistic about contender or pretender, after viewing enough. I have hope, but realism curves the false hope. And hearing a player say "We were tired" says it all.
Blame the Strength & Conditioning coaches now and everything else on Dak. SMH.