You guys are afraid of every team and every situation

Sydla

Reaction score
KS8bRvG.jpg

Well he’s played for Sheldon High School, the University of Oregon and now the Chargers.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I think you are backwards with this post. Just because people are negative about their favourite team, etc, doesn't mean they are not a fan. Sports is a break for reality, espeically Covid reality. Just because I think we are the weak sister in the NFC East doesn't mean I am not a fan of the team, or hate them. When you support a team through your time, merchandise, etc, and see a horribly run product for 25 years you have earned the right to voice your opinion....actually no matter what you have the right to

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Have you been watching some other team this whole time? The Dallas Cowboys over the last quarter of a century have been notorious about playing down when they play against teams that they should beat.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's quite amazing and disturbing and sad and hilarious all at the same time. It's gotten so much worse since they shut down the other site and they came here and now are flourishing amongst themselves. They shut down that site for a reason. They're doing the same thing here they did there.
You are correct, they shut it down for a reason but the members had nothing to do with that. The league wanted continuity among all the team sites and the Cowboys was one of the more different ones. Partly because we helped make it that way.

And you are correct again, we are flourishing amongst ourselves and yourselves as well and you might be surprised that the old DC,com had far more Pollyanna's than the Zone has and the same old arguments over there are the same old arguments over here. We are not themselves, ourselves or yourselves, we are weselves and speaking for only one, proud to be so.

This is a far superior team and web site but I also think that influx of DC.com exiles help to make this an even better site and in case I haven't done it in awhile I want to thank all of the Zoners who welcomed us in and made us feel at home. Took a while for some but it always does when melding two families.

Tell me Rocky, when the Zone had a negative tilt, who did you blame that on back then? Here's a hint who might be at fault. The team and those who run it.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I have never seen the degree of negativity and loser mentality we have currently have on this message board. Every single subject is littered with negativity, doom and gloom and how we could not beat the little sisters of the poor.

I’m all for your right to say what you are saying. I just think it’s not realistic and a pathetic way to approach life in general.

If you hate literally everything the Cowboys do, you either must not be a Cowboys fan, or if you are a Cowboys fan, why would you do this to yourself and not find a team that you think does things the way you like it?
pointing this out to people is not going to move any needle. Its the same on every forum and facebook group for every pro and college team everywhere., Its human nature. And on every one of these groups you also have people making posts like yours here in the other direciton, towards the "optos" Its not right or wrong to be a pessimist or an optimist. Its just conversation dude, namaste

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If you hate literally all the bad things your children/child do/does, you either must not be a parent, or if you are a parent, why would you do this to yourself and not find a child you think does things the way you like them to?

Edited so you can understand how to distinguish between hate and disappointment. Hate is when you despise something or someone for no justifiable reason; disappointment is when you have EXPECTATIONS of someone you love and/or trust, but they don't meet those expectations.

Inherent in EXPECTATIONS is a belief that the one you expect to do something actually is capable of doing it. I don't expect my 5-year-old son to build a computer. I do expect him to do that which a 5 year old can do.

I think many posters on this board don't understand the difference between hate and disappointment. Just as hate is nurtured, so is disappointment. Jerry Jones has sewn years of disappointment among the fandom. Is it any wonder you see the reaction you do? :huh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you follow college ball, specifically the Pac 12, then you'd know Herbert's story. He was above Lawrence and high on the Heisman list and a bit of a freaky athletic QB at 6'6" and then he began to decline with no explanation and he might have been guilty of that QB disease "I've got to carry the team". Romo had that and Prescott has it as well. When they force themselves to do too much, they force the mistakes. Wasn't it amazing to see the transition in Aikman when they begin to build in front of and around him? I wasn't sure he was even going to survive his rookie season.

Herbert always had the talent, just not the team. He is definitely one of the rising stars and I would take him hands down over Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and right under Mahomes.

They better find a way to bring the heat on Sunday because he's got as good weapons as Prescott does and a better D. Not a lot better but better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have never seen the degree of negativity and loser mentality we have currently have on this message board. Every single subject is littered with negativity, doom and gloom and how we could not beat the little sisters of the poor.

I’m all for your right to say what you are saying. I just think it’s not realistic and a pathetic way to approach life in general.

If you hate literally everything the Cowboys do, you either must not be a Cowboys fan, or if you are a Cowboys fan, why would you do this to yourself and not find a team that you think does things the way you like it?

We arent doing anything to ourselves, its the Cowboys doing it.

If you cant understand the "here we go again" mentality of a Cowboys fan, then you just havnet been paying attention?

What good is being a clueless homer done for you or the Cowboys? As hard as you try to discount them, the injuries and suspension this week are big blows to the team.

Werent you the guy that thought Herbert was a journeyman? You arent even playing with a full deck.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I think you need a certain amount of negativity to counter the over excitement of people thinking Dak is great.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You are correct, they shut it down for a reason but the members had nothing to do with that. The league wanted continuity among all the team sites and the Cowboys was one of the more different ones. Partly because we helped make it that way.

And you are correct again, we are flourishing amongst ourselves and yourselves as well and you might be surprised that the old DC,com had far more Pollyanna's than the Zone has and the same old arguments over there are the same old arguments over here. We are not themselves, ourselves or yourselves, we are weselves and speaking for only one, proud to be so.

This is a far superior team and web site but I also think that influx of DC.com exiles help to make this an even better site and in case I haven't done it in awhile I want to thank all of the Zoners who welcomed us in and made us feel at home. Took a while for some but it always does when melding two families.

Tell me Rocky, when the Zone had a negative tilt, who did you blame that on back then? Here's a hint who might be at fault. The team and those who run it.
Fact is, and you can't convince me otherwise, is that this site has gone downhill since that site shutdown.

jnday

Reaction score

Do you think that sugar-coating every move that the team makes if realistic? Praising a bunch of overpayed, underperforming players that have not succeeded in 25 years is not very realistic either. I think the word “hate” is misused entirely too much by posters on this board. I hate the guy that murdered my daughter. The Cowboys or any other sports team is not capable of bringing out those emotions from me. If anything, posters take this board much too seriously. It is usually the positive posters that has those feelings. The very ideal that the posters on this board lives their lives with the same approach that is reflected from their posts is ludicrous to me. If any fan lets the success and failures of the Dallas Cowboys effect their lives in a negative way, they have more problems than posting negative posts on a message board. The best way to stop the negative posts would be the team winning. When a team loses as much as the Cowboys , there will be more negative posts that reflects the years of false hopes and failures.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I think there's a third family in this melting pot. I was never on the DC.com boards. I am a scout.com refugee, aka The Ranch, and I recognize others from there who also found their way here. Took some getting used to at first - The Ranch was often a profanity-laced free-for-all - but this is clearly a better place.

Amazes me that anyone would expect fans of the same team to always have the same opinions. One, that's not how humans work. Two, it would be quite boring.

jnday

Reaction score
LOL.

The team hasn’t sniffed a conference title game in 25 years and has like 4 playoff wins over that period.

I think the pessimism and bearish attitudes some have when we play is justified.

What isn’t justified is this idea that we apparently are typically better than the opponent we are playing.
This sums it up. When Dallas is criticized for being soft and being losers, it is hard to defend because it is the truth. Some Cowboy fans will get fighting mad when hearing the criticism about the team and players even when that criticism is true. Most of the older fans have higher expectations and standards because we remember what this organization once was. When the team doesn’t live up to the expectations and standards, negative posting will follow.