CFZ You Guys Are Ready for the Zeke Return. Right?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Another putrid Zeke thread. I swear Cowboy fans are addicted to mediocrity. Pathetic.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Another putrid Zeke thread. I swear Cowboy fans are addicted to mediocrity. Pathetic.
We don't need hall monitors and if you don't wish to discuss....don't, Noooooo, don't....noooo don't. Or do us all a favor and talk actual reasonable talk behond high ground contempt fully clothed in stereotype. That is more than stylee, to the point - insulting. Some of us have been around since the franchise was born.

I still respect Dallas players and at least leave respect in a discussion of yea or nea. That includes another fan at least discussing and not accusing in the conversation. Don't care....then shut the hell up.

Zeke Elliott isn't in his mid thirties yet, and still can commit at this stage and return to strong physical condition beyond shown the past two seasons.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Trust me. I want to move on as well. I see these new guys as the future. My only regret is that I was unable to squeeze a guy like Aaron Shampklin or Quadree Ollison on the roster because I was holding on to a spot.

This whole "Top 5" conversation the Cowboys are having is because they obviously want to be flexible. And they obviously view Tyler Smith the starter over Tyron. I mean, let's be honest. If we start Tyron, we can rest assured he will be injured for some games. He wasn't great at RT last year, but he played admirably when he came back. If he can ever stay fit, and maintain his health, he could actually have a longer career.

Broadus was talking about why the Cowboys wouldn't just let go of Tyrone Smith, like, they say, he's preventing them from doing things, because they're afraid to move on from his legacy, personal sentiment, and attachment to the player. To be fair to Broadus, who I noticed picked up his game through the draft process, in the media, at least, this was in the context of who the Best 5 were.

I was hating on Broaddus earlier in this season, but, at the same time, I gotta give him credit. When he's paying attention, he has an interesting, if not often affirming perspective. He is also ballsy enough to give Iisha credit for scouting players. She's young. But let her keep at this. She has something to her. If she can brush off the haters and just be herself, I can see her puling a Hellman up outta there, and hope she doesn't Bayless.. For the time he spends on it, he has some decent perspective.

I think the most intelligent approach is that you plan on Tyron being the swing. And you find situations where Tyler Smith can go to guard. He can flex without missing too much of a beat, because, if you can't tell, he also came from a football family. He helps you if you can somehow keep him healthy enough to manage to keep him on the roster, because he's quality depth.

If Tyron starts . . . , well, I think that's a mistake, just based on history, and could put you in a hole early on. You want to develop your talent, and have equity built up to back it up, so you shouldn't risk your injury-prone backup. His number one focus should be getting in shape, and staying healthy.

On the other hand, if he comes into camp and just wants to compete for a job like everyone else, more power to him. So we do need to be prepared. And you just can't have a first round OL at every position.

That said, it's for these same reasons that Zeke comes back. He won't be able to let go. I sense there may be some kind of agreement.

He's coming back. I think they have planned for him to come back. And the media is just rolling along with.
Naw.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think teams would be lining up with this kind of talk?
So tell us...for real...what other teams think of Zeke.

None of this "nobody signed him yet" rigamaroll either. That is ZERO indication. Key word is "yet".

When the season starts...Zeke is on the couch eating Doritos.... THEN you can say "See Steve...TOLD YA! NOBODY signed him!".

I am certain that ain;t happening. But you can keep that up your sleeve if ya want.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see you're still clueless.
This was just one year ago. This RB isn';t toast AT ALL. Teams are just assessing their prospects during this long off season.

I know you LOVE to hate our players....but watch. (I bet you won't. Haters don;t watch the video...too much truth and facts their tiny brains can;t handle)

He's gonna be signed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This was just one year ago. This RB isn';t toast AT ALL. Teams are just assessing their prospects during this long off season.

I know you LOVE to hate our players....but watch. (I bet you won't. Haters don;t watch the video...too much truth and facts their tiny brains can;t handle)

He's gonna be signed.

I don't care if he's signed.

I just don't want it to be with the Cowboys.

And you're right. I won't be watching. Because I don't care what he did in past years.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
If Jerry was still running things he sure would still be here. Elliott not being here is a McCarthy move.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care if he's signed.

I just don't want it to be with the Cowboys.

And you're right. I won't be watching. Because I don't care what he did in past years.
Okay. Fair enough.

Not sure why you are so hurt about what players have done in the history of cowboys. You never rewatch games? No Staubach, Dorsett, Pearsons, Too tall?

You just don;t care? Why is it just Zeke? Odd and TELLING!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Okay. Fair enough.

Not sure why you are so hurt about what players have done in the history of cowboys. You never rewatch games? No Staubach, Dorsett, Pearsons, Too tall?

You just don;t care? Why is it just Zeke? Odd and TELLING!
Why do you care more about the past then what they offer today?

I thank them for their past, but I don't want them on my teams now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Stream of consciousness is a bit much for a Cowboys forum on a Saturday morning but I think I have deciphered much/some of this.

Broaddus has a lot of football experience, but he is just often wrong and when he is wrong, he is loud and wrong.
Its very much like many former player talking heads who do the same thing.
Be heard not be right.

I will always support Zeke. He is a warrior and really gave up his body here in Dallas. But Dallas is not going to pay him and if you have Zeke's money is it worth more shots in the head?
Whats clear is Dallas can use Zeke as a battering ram RB option and they are probably the best team he can help.
But not sure his pride allows him to play for pennies in Dallas.
As a guy who doesn't play in Camp or pre-season Zeke is likely in no real rush to take a bad deal.

Tyron is also prideful and Dallas can't just make him the swing OT.
He will enter camp as the starting LT and we will go from there.
Tyler wont forget how to play it over a few months and prolly plays pre-season at both positions.
So while I technically agree here with OP but realistically Dallas is going to take the easy road and let it sort itself out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Trust me. I want to move on as well. I see these new guys as the future. My only regret is that I was unable to squeeze a guy like Aaron Shampklin or Quadree Ollison on the roster because I was holding on to a spot.

This whole "Top 5" conversation the Cowboys are having is because they obviously want to be flexible. And they obviously view Tyler Smith the starter over Tyron. I mean, let's be honest. If we start Tyron, we can rest assured he will be injured for some games. He wasn't great at RT last year, but he played admirably when he came back. If he can ever stay fit, and maintain his health, he could actually have a longer career.

Broadus was talking about why the Cowboys wouldn't just let go of Tyrone Smith, like, they say, he's preventing them from doing things, because they're afraid to move on from his legacy, personal sentiment, and attachment to the player. To be fair to Broadus, who I noticed picked up his game through the draft process, in the media, at least, this was in the context of who the Best 5 were.

I was hating on Broaddus earlier in this season, but, at the same time, I gotta give him credit. When he's paying attention, he has an interesting, if not often affirming perspective. He is also ballsy enough to give Iisha credit for scouting players. She's young. But let her keep at this. She has something to her. If she can brush off the haters and just be herself, I can see her puling a Hellman up outta there, and hope she doesn't Bayless.. For the time he spends on it, he has some decent perspective.

I think the most intelligent approach is that you plan on Tyron being the swing. And you find situations where Tyler Smith can go to guard. He can flex without missing too much of a beat, because, if you can't tell, he also came from a football family. He helps you if you can somehow keep him healthy enough to manage to keep him on the roster, because he's quality depth.

If Tyron starts . . . , well, I think that's a mistake, just based on history, and could put you in a hole early on. You want to develop your talent, and have equity built up to back it up, so you shouldn't risk your injury-prone backup. His number one focus should be getting in shape, and staying healthy.

On the other hand, if he comes into camp and just wants to compete for a job like everyone else, more power to him. So we do need to be prepared. And you just can't have a first round OL at every position.

That said, it's for these same reasons that Zeke comes back. He won't be able to let go. I sense there may be some kind of agreement.

He's coming back. I think they have planned for him to come back. And the media is just rolling along with.
IF im the FO and or zeke , let him know if he is still out there mid-season you welcome him back, get him prepared and in shape limited snaps and then the last 4 games increase his load and have him hitting stride in the playoff run.. he still has something to offer like the last 2 first halves of the season until he got hurt,, if you can get him for those 7-8 games on the backend that a great way to cap career here and possibly help us at the right time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
ship-ocean.gif

I'd be fine with him returning, but I don't think he will.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think he gets lazy in he offseason, and parties too hard. And they want to see him work.
wrong hes been at his best the fist 8 games of the season the last 2 years and got hurt wore out and faded.. sorry but that old narrative doesn't hunt.. hes been great starting the last 2 seasons.