You guys make me sick

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bkight13;2333827 said:
You guys talk about heart and pride, but you guys are the first to cut and run. It seems most here actually prefer the doom and gloom. The Cincy win was celebrated like a wake. Well now we have one for real. I don't get it. IF Wade, Romo, the OL, the WRs, the rush, the LBs, the secondary and special teams all suck, as everyone proclaims after every win, then we should be happy to be 4-2.

Most fans here could not enjoy last year when we went 13-3 and got beat beat in a close game by the eventual SB champs. This year everybody assumed we should skip the regular season and roll through the playoffs, but the NFL is brutal. The other teams actually try to win as well. The Cards played very well and the crowd got them fired up. To come back and tie the game on the road against an inspired team was awesome and showed heart.

Everyone is now an expert because they follow the draft, play fantasy football and call-in to talk radio. I hate it when we lose, but I don't hope for it so I can tell everyone how smart I am because I predicted it. At least we can enjoy some wins now since we are no longer the SB favorites. BTW who is? Oh yeah, the undefeated defending champs. Other than the Giants, what team doesn't have problems or bad losses?

This is my last attempt to preach, as it's a lost cause(not the season but this forum and the rest of the fair weather fans). And save me the, I just see all the flaws the coaches don't and I'm not some blind homer routine. It's your crutch. Some people are incapable of joy and want everyone else to be miserable as well. Have fun with that. I'll see you in Tampa!!!

:rolleyes:

rangers71

Reaction score
Bach;2333985 said:
And what does sitting here praising a team with a lack of heart and pride accomplish?

Do you honestly believe that these guys have no heart? Do you think they want to lose? You do realize that only ONE team in history has gone undefeated right?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Worst post of the day, maybe the year. As offensive as it is stupid.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
bkight13;2333827 said:
You guys talk about heart and pride, but you guys are the first to cut and run. It seems most here actually prefer the doom and gloom. The Cincy win was celebrated like a wake. Well now we have one for real. I don't get it. IF Wade, Romo, the OL, the WRs, the rush, the LBs, the secondary and special teams all suck, as everyone proclaims after every win, then we should be happy to be 4-2.

Most fans here could not enjoy last year when we went 13-3 and got beat beat in a close game by the eventual SB champs. This year everybody assumed we should skip the regular season and roll through the playoffs, but the NFL is brutal. The other teams actually try to win as well. The Cards played very well and the crowd got them fired up. To come back and tie the game on the road against an inspired team was awesome and showed heart.

Everyone is now an expert because they follow the draft, play fantasy football and call-in to talk radio. I hate it when we lose, but I don't hope for it so I can tell everyone how smart I am because I predicted it. At least we can enjoy some wins now since we are no longer the SB favorites. BTW who is? Oh yeah, the undefeated defending champs. Other than the Giants, what team doesn't have problems or bad losses?

This is my last attempt to preach, as it's a lost cause(not the season but this forum and the rest of the fair weather fans). And save me the, I just see all the flaws the coaches don't and I'm not some blind homer routine. It's your crutch. Some people are incapable of joy and want everyone else to be miserable as well. Have fun with that. I'll see you in Tampa!!!

Great post ..... people do not like it because he is telling the truth.

lspain1

Reaction score
bkight13;2333939 said:
I'm used to defending the Boys.

From Sunday's performance, what about the Cowboys are you defending exactly? Perhaps you would like to defend our special teams since you are accusing other fans of being "babies" or is it "whiners?"

I do not consider myself a "baby" or a "whiner." I do not come here to the Zone and exclaim "we suck" when things do not go well. That being said, you exhibit the worst sort of homer blindness not to recognize that our team has some serious issues that need to be addressed. I have high expectations for this team and I share those expectations with Jerry Jones. I have every right to be both disappointed in our team and concerned about the future of this season.

A 2-2 record over the next four weeks looks quite likely to me. A 5-4 record may well place us in 3rd place in the NFC East with an uphill run to the playoffs. Am I a "baby" or a whiner?" I think not!

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. Cowboys Zone can be an absolute nightmare after a loss. I couldn't even stomach looking last night. Just comes with the territory of being a Boys fan I guess.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
bbgun;2334015 said:
#1. Today is not the day for delusional "all is well" peptalks.

It is for those that are Delusional and think all is well.;)

Viper

Reaction score
bkight13;2333827 said:

Well, my wife loves me...she sees plenty of flaws, just ask her.:D

Audiman

Reaction score
bkight13;2333957 said:
So you are saying we have no chance at the SB.

playing like the way we've played the last few games, we don't have a chance at even making the playoffs.

I'd like to also note that I'm one of the more positive fans when it comes to support. I've seen garbage that looks better than the way Romo played yesterday.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
bkight13;2333827 said:

:bow: Good post, my friend! I, too, am surprised about all the negativity for our 4-2 team and how much "style points" come into play when some look a win. I expect some doom and gloom after a "L" but last week was ridiculous! Now, after week six our HC, OC, & DC needs to go. As do our QB, #'s 2-5 WRs, DL, DBs and our OL! Man, we must be the best 4-2 team in history to reach that mark with such a sad-sack group of players! THERE ARE 10 GAMES LEFT PEOPLE!! STEP AWAY FROM (OR SOME CAN ACTUALLY GO AHEAD & JUMP) OFF THE LEDGE AND LET'S SEE HOW THIS CRAZY JOURNEY ENDS BEFORE YOU BURN ALL OF YOUR COWBOYS MERCHANDISE AND BECOME GIANTS' FANS (since they're such a model franchise in some circles)!!!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
bkight13;2333827 said:

If you don't like what goes on at the Zone you don't have to come......

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
rangers71;2333995 said:
Do you honestly believe that these guys have no heart? Do you think they want to lose? You do realize that only ONE team in history has gone undefeated right?

Going undefeated has nothing to do with it.

And yes, I do believe that a large percentage of our players play with no heart and passion much of the time. They tend to go through the motions and tend to let up once we get a lead. No killer instinct or heart.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
bkight13;2333827 said:

Name me one Zoner who has cut and run.
No, we don't prefer the doom and gloom. We prefer winning. And when we lose we prefer losing to a better team, not one that has fewer mistakes and better leadership at HC

bkight13;2333827 said:

Who could not enjoy the 13-3. The fact is we lost to the overrated Giants. At home. After a disastrous November-December swoon that had Wade saying "we're fine" in spite of all that. If you enjoyed 1 and out in the playoffs, that is your baggage.

bkight13;2333827 said:

We are far from experts.
But we know a poorly led team when we see one. And, yes, other teams have problems and bad losses, Mr. Redundant. It's just that other teams don't have this array of talent on both sides of the ball.

bkight13;2333827 said:

We are incapable of joy today. Or after the Skins game or after the Bengals game.
I am glad your day is filled with joy today.
And thanks for telling us you will no longer preach. At 200-plus posts we were getting exhausted from your sermons.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
bkight13;2333899 said:
Are you joking? The whole first page is negative. The same as last week after a win.

What happened positive against the Cardinals to have positive pages? We lost to a team who made just as many mistakes, had as many penalties, played without one of their best players and that we had 35% more offensive yards than. Another week and we still can't get all 3 facets of the team playing on the same level. Another week where we can't protect the ball on our own part of the field. Another week where we can't run the ball worth a lick. Again, we can't get the ball to T.O and Felix barely touches the ball, these are our 2 best play makers. Another week where we can't keep a team under 21 points, even though we played D well, let alone under 17. Guess what fans, another week Wade has his ole golly G blow over, status quo reflection of this team. Jerry is telling us 4-2 looks good and you know what, after this week he's right, cause we are bruised, battered and on top of all our recurring weekly problems our QB is out for several weeks. He know's after what's probably to come after the Rams that 4-2 will look so delightful he better let us enjoy it while it lasts as a master marketer would. The sky isn't falling only because we play the Rams but it's close. We are not disciplined or balanced enough offensively to win with a QB like Brad Johnson. We are not defensively stout enough to win with a QB like Brad Johnson. Brad Johnson is not a bad QB, he is solid, but he is not explosive enough to overcome a care free teams garbage. We are very undisciplined whether Romo is our QB or not.

Everything the fans have expressed during these smoke and mirror wins we've received has and is coming true. Any of these points expressed in my post you can say is complaining but it's not, it's mostly fact and opinions based off it. I follow this team whether they win or lose and I have seen us not win a mere playoff game for 12 years. Once again, fact not complaining. If you fans who prefer sugar coating, as opposed to facts when we lose, there's a football coach called Wade Phillips you can go listen too. Go listen to his air gasping after our losses and come back and tell me/us "complainers/factualists" how we are going to pull out a playoff win. Keep accepting these fundamental problems and high season ticket prices. I'll watch the games on the T.V and Jerry can worry about how he will fill the stands in that new palace we need, our new supposed promise land. Ohh, he'll fill it up and continue this garbage sugar coating cause of status quo, smoke and mirrors acceptance by fans. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan and so is the rest of my family out of Toronto Canada. We're not Cinicnatti Bengals fans because we do not accept constant losing and mediocrity. We are Cowboy fans before they merged into the league and Superbowls, more importantly dynasties, are what we strive for. All I am asking for at this point is a playoff win this year and a coach who has the make up of a champion to lead these players. It sounds like that's all the other fans are asking for after 12 years of junk as well. I hear our ticket, food/drink, parking and merchandising prices are 1 of the highest in the league. Go figure with all this on the field success our fans have been receiving.

I like Jerry Jones and believe him and his family want to win as much as any ownership in the league. I defend Jerry for his mistakes with his success'. I won't defend not winning a playoff game in 12 almost 13 years though. There is no excuse and I am fully aware of the circumstances and events that have taken place since 1995. Our fans are in the right, they want to win badly and are trying to leave every stone unturned to make it possible. We care so much about the success of this team and this is why we analyze and break down every facet of this team because we realize that we will not win like this and we will not accept false hype and hope no more. If we make you sick for that while still paying these prices and not sqwacking about them, then maybe you should look to the real root of the problem which isn't the fans. 12 years of no playoffs wins, an inexcuseable result that is not the fans fault and all their right to express concern. You can decide who's fault that is and why and that's why we are all here, with the right of disgussing it. Don't bash the other fans that don't accept what you are willing too. Properly and factually express your opinions of why we should be feeling good about this team as opposed to just throwing up a 4-2 record and saying we make you sick and/or supporting those who do. To me, that's the real difference between who's a real fan and who isn't. Since Jerry too over the Dallas Cowboys Franchise has never been short on support regardless of their results. The only way we start winning championships again is if the fans prove we accept noting less and unfortunately that's what it has come down too. Jerry needs to know that. By the ay it's Thanksgiving here in Canada and this'll show you how much the Cowboys are a priority to my family even after a loss. :starspin

cardsfanmd

Reaction score
bkight13;2333827 said:
You guys talk about heart and pride, but you guys are the first to cut and run.
Thats what happens when the overwhelming majority of your fan base is bandwagoners.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2333919 said:
Fan Zone is specifically for posted opinions..and the team hasn't given them much to be happy with, so negativity should be expected.

You are welcome to troll the Daily Zone for threads with straightforward news and updates about the 'boys.

You could also try creating a positive thread of your own. Like some others have.

When we try to create a positive thread, people trounce on us like wow.

I can see a little negativity but honestly we get more negetivity than when we were 5-11 and it's to the point to where all we get on this forum is not a fan forum but a troll forum....

Go ahead and say we have high expectations now that we are a better team, what's the difference than the other teams we had? nothing we still haven't won a playoff game.

Are we suppose to be happy when we lose, no. Believe me after a loss I don't do nothing but go to sleep, that's been a tradition of mine for over 20 years. But one thing I don't do is downgrade our team, I might point out where we need help, we need more speed at LB, we need a WR ( Shoot we have been looking for a Wr for 10 years now) other than TO we let WRz pass in the draft for years now. We have a good team not great and all we get here is bashing them because the media says we are favorites to win the bowl.. We should be favorites, we have talent at every position..

All I want from our team is to play solid from offense, defense and special teams. I can see us been mad after a loss screaming for heads of Wade, Garrett, Stewart, Campo or whoever, but all week same thing. Funny thing is we get the same head calling after we win...

For Example after we won or first 3 games, there was negativity, after we were 4-1 negativity, this week I know this forum is gonna be crazy, with people ready to even trade our owner...................

We are the Cowboyz and forever we will be America's Team, let this team play and win and not criticize our every move, but Embrace we have the best franchise that the NFL can offer.............

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
cardsfanmd;2334394 said:
Thats what happens when the overwhelming majority of your fan base is bandwagoners.
Touche' Cards fan! Congrats on your "Super Bowl" win yesterday...