You guys ready to revisit this past trade deadline?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So they shouldn't have tried to get some oline depth or a good linebacker? Ok.
Do they seem to be hurting for offensive line "depth" or a "good linebacker"? Who the hell trades for offensive line "depth" mid season lol?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The great moves they made happened in the off season when they traded for Gilmore and Cooks. Both of them made the team better and better than the Eagles.
Definitely, both played a role in us defeating Philly last night. Gilmore especially. Just think how tough our secondary would be if Diggs had not gotten injured. Having Gilmore and Bland has kept us from feeling Diggs' absence more.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Having watched a few SF games since the trade, Chase Young looks happier. I don't know how that translates to results on the field, but the hustle is there

Randy...that guy works every down. It's not showing in stats, but when he's in there, his strength is showing. He'll always be "raw" but the push he gets sometimes is still pretty amazing

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do they seem to be hurting for offensive line "depth" or a "good linebacker"? Who the hell trades for offensive line "depth" mid season lol?
You're new to this football thing, I imagine. You're right, its much better to have no depth. Super smart.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 49ers have not lost since trading for Young. They were averaging 2.3 sacks before the trade. Since the trade, they have had 5, 4, 6, 3 and 4. Sometimes if your team is on the cusp, one move can make the difference. Not saying that Young (or Gregory) is responsible for the 49ers' defensive improvement, but to say we shouldn't trade because most trades don't work out is like saying we shouldn't have acquired Haley back in the 1990s. You should always be looking to improve your team, but there are a lot of factors to consider in making a move.
What teams did they play? Other than Philly, who I believe was without Lane Johnson.
Seahawks twice, TB, Jaguars, Philly.
Not really all that great actually.

That lesser competition excuse is used against us so it is only fair to use it against other teams as well.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What teams did they play? Other than Philly, who I believe was without Lane Johnson.
Seahawks twice, TB, Jaguars, Philly.
Not really all that great actually.

That lesser competition excuse is used against us so it is only fair to use it against other teams as well.
Yes, but they lost to the Browns, Vikings and Bengals. Not exactly a murderer's row. However, I do believe the 49ers suffered more from not having some of its offensive stars in those games.

Not saying Young has been the greatest factor in the San Fran winning streak, but their sacks have increased since they got him and they are winning. Don't think that should be downplayed. The 49ers needed someone to take attention away from Bosa and they tried to get that player with the Gregory and Young acquisition. I like it when a team tries to address its weaknesses instead of just saying it's happy with what it's got.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're new to this football thing, I imagine. You're right, its much better to have no depth. Super smart.
That's not what I said. Don't get offended because I disagreed with you I assume that's the case because you're putting words in my mouth. I asked who trades for "depth" mid season? I never said depth was good or better to not have. Jesus....

exciter

Reaction score
In alot of cases it was a sellers market. Commanders and Giants got good compensation for their DL. Seattle overpaid for Williams, a 2nd is probably at least a round too high for Sweat who is going to a FA. A 3rd for Young seems about right. A little high for an oft injured FA to be, but he has been having a strong season and they are in win now mode. None of those three would have been good moves for us. We dont need Young or Sweat. Williams maybe, but not at the price contract and compensation wise. He probably isnt any better than Odighizuwa
Sweat signed a 100m contract I think!

Zordon

Reaction score
@TheMarathonContinues

giphy.gif

Zordon

Reaction score
Yeah there was nothing at the deadline that could fix that mess you saw yesterday but ok lol.
Why did you want to revisit the trade deadline? Something you saw the last few weeks made you want to revisit it. I think you were trying to prove a point. But that point got blew out the water yesterday. And fwiw, you don't know what was avail to help fix it. All we have are reports from reporters/insiders that the Cowboys were comfortable standing pat. F- grade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why did you want to revisit the trade deadline? Something you saw the last few weeks made you want to revisit it. I think you were trying to prove a point. But that point got blew out the water yesterday. And fwiw, you don't know what was avail to help fix it. All we have are reports from reporters/insiders that the Cowboys were comfortable standing pat. F- grade.
Well did you read the post? The point wasn’t that what the Cowboys did was the right approach. The point still remains the same. Those guys and teams that were trying to fix weaknesses at the deadline still have the same weaknesses. They traded future compensation to fix present holes and they failed.

We know that teams have the same weaknesses as us and didn’t get a deal done. And btw, we all wanted a RB. Henry. I don’t recall many saying we need to grab guys who can stop the run.:.:.

Nice try but yeah you prematurely let your load off. Should’ve waited just a little longer.