You HAVE to be kidding me...

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
http://i113.***BLOCKED***/albums/n220/jreillywvu/100_2164.jpg

:rolleyes:

How nice. Someone has a shirt that shows support for Congress. Even calls them America's Team. How patriotic!

;)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I can't believe that the politically correct forces that be haven't attacked the Commanders for their logo yet and forced them to change it to something ******** like "Red Storm" or something
Maybe a Dallas fan should start that lawsuit....? How funny would that be and how catastrophic to their history and tradition?
I vaguely remember a lawsuit filed by a group of Native Americans that attempted to force the Commanders to change their name. It was shortly after Little Danny Boy bought the team and of course the lawsuit failed. I don't know any details on the case or even remember where I read about it.

One of the names suggested for them was the 'Buckskins' which would allow them to keep their nickname 'the Skins' but that didn't fly either.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
ghost said:
I agree. that looks home made. Besides, even as a Skins fan, i wouldn't want that title. Not to get on your team in any way, but thats like calling the Eeagles the Philadelphia Football Eagles. Lame. nicknames belong to teams. I dont see any cowboys fan running around singing "Hail to the Cowboys."

Hail to the Cowboys

Hail Victory

Boys on the warpath

Fight for old Big D

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Excellent point! They should substitute the Capitol with a picture of the Landover Mall, the most notable landmark in Landover, Maryland (along with FedEx Field, that is).

Humorously, when Jack Kent Cooke moved the team there, he re-named the land the stadium was built on: RalJon after his two sons. But when Little Danny Boy bought the team, he reverted it back to Landover.

that might be the six flags thats right down the road but im not one to argue....so about that fed ex tailgate you were talking about.....

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
The NFL cannot legally force them to change their name or logo. Believe me I wrote a whole paper on it.

they can impose their will on them and now that the commish is no longet in danny boys pocket (i assume the new guy isnt' a skins fan too). mabye they will make some traction and pressure the 4 skins into changing into the washington losers. or the washington cherry blossoms that would be cute.

ghst187

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I vaguely remember a lawsuit filed by a group of Native Americans that attempted to force the Commanders to change their name. It was shortly after Little Danny Boy bought the team and of course the lawsuit failed. I don't know any details on the case or even remember where I read about it.

One of the names suggested for them was the 'Buckskins' which would allow them to keep their nickname 'the Skins' but that didn't fly either.

how about the "fighting foreskins"? It's pretty apt IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist said:

Want to hear the ultimate irony about that lawsuit?

The best known poster and possibly biggest homer on the Skins forum is Art. His wife is a lawyer for the law firm that went after the Skins to change their name. When Art posted that bit of info the responses over there were some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. Many of the Skins fans showed great senses of humor over that.

This movement will not die BTW. Expect them to go after the team yet again.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Future 585:

I would actually and sincerely be interested in reading that paper you wrote. I'm curious to see how much of a legal leg Dan Snyder would have if the NFL decided to flex its muscle against them.

Any chance of you posting it in the NFL Zone or Off Topic Zone?

well i dont have it any more i wrote it in class unfortunately...I should clarify that it wasn't specifically about the NFL or any team. It was more about the schools in my area that were under teh same scenario.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Danny White said:
The NFL forced Mike Nolan to NOT wear a suit on gamedays. They can force the team to change its racist name.

OK, I'll clarify my position. They might not be able to force them to change their name, but they could do things that would make it impossible to function as an NFL franchise... such as refuse to license their racist apparel and merchandise. Heck, they could probably even suspend their membership in the NFL and refuse to recognize them as an NFL team.

Would you agree to that position?

I would agree with that position, but dont think it would ever happen...

sacase

Reaction score
I think they should change the name. Hell couldn't the American Indians claim violation of civil rights? I mean seriously...if there was a team named the Nashville N-word......How long would that team last? It is the same thing the name is derogatory.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Future 585 said:
I would agree with that position, but dont think it would ever happen...
Voters in Arizona were shocked when the NFL pulled the Super Bowl away over how they voted on MLK birthday holiday. It wasn't until the state voted to ratify that day as a state holiday that Tempe got Super Bowl XXX.

If the NFL wants to exert pressure, it can do a fantastic job.

The ultimate irony of that effort by the NFL is that every year on MLK Day the NFL offices are open.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sacase said:
I think they should change the name. Hell couldn't the American Indians claim violation of civil rights? I mean seriously...if there was a team named the Nashville N-word......How long would that team last? It is the same thing the name is derogatory.
They have claimed this.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The best known poster and possibly biggest homer on the Skins forum is Art. His wife is a lawyer for the law firm that went after the Skins to change their name. When Art posted that bit of info the responses over there were some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. Many of the Skins fans showed great senses of humor over that.

That's hilarious.

The irony is so thick, you couldn't cut it with a tomahawk.

Imagine the conversations in that household.

1fisher

Reaction score
Chief said:
That's hilarious.

yea.... you know they are both ALWAYS right!:D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chief said:
That's hilarious.

I bet Art's wife wears the pants, and he the panties, that's why he's such an arse on ES, trying to compensate for his role in the household