You know, everything really does point to LVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think he's the most likely pick if we stick at 19. I have a hard time seeing how Vea falls that far.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He’s soft...can’t shed blockers at the second level...his neck/back sucks...there is zero violence to his game...
He is a 1 year starter,you can teach him the tricks of shedding blocks but that kind of athleticism is rare.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don't read anyone else's post then do you.
Well I can't speak for anyone else. I'm not a fan of him at the 19th pick but I haven't seen enough of him know if he'll translate well to the NFL. My stance is there are better players and prospects that are there and if he's the only there at 19 we should trade down.

I replied to the opinion Raw Lewis got rolled over like he was some bum. He was a BEAST at U of M.

erod

Reaction score
He wouldn't be the first guy to be "next Urlahcer" and flame out. Is there a "next Luke Kuechly" or Patrick Willis in this draft?
He's huge, he's quick, and he's fast. Much more than the others.

But he's only played one year of football really. That's concerning.

Of course, Urlacher was a safety in college.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's huge, he's quick, and he's fast. Much more than the others.

But he's only played one year of football really. That's concerning.

Of course, Urlacher was a safety in college.
That's just a odd name to see him being compared too. You rarely hear that nowadays that someone is compared to Urlacher.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Some really good discussion in this thread on LVE’s pros and cons. I don’t think the Cowboys think he needs to be a Pro Bowler for them this year. At a minimum they need a rookie Anthony Hitchens, someone who can get reps at multiple positions.

Ky31

Reaction score
He is a 1 year starter,you can teach him the tricks of shedding blocks but that kind of athleticism is rare.
Being a one year starter does not change anything...I respect your opinion and will root for the dude if he is in fact the choice, I just don’t see anything more than average!

blueblood70

Reaction score
dude has the measurables and body type and motor but him being at a small school and boise state as a one year starter at MLB is whats causing the hesitation? Evans number snot as impressive but hes from a school that plays many big games..it is tough..

erod

Reaction score
That's just a odd name to see him being compared too. You rarely hear that nowadays that someone is compared to Urlacher.
It's because their measureables are much the same. The guy runs a 4.5, was really quick through the cones, and again, he's a BIG linebacker with plenty of frame to grow.

But.....I hope they get somebody else. If they draft him, it's not fair to be critical until you see him play.

He could be a Bobby Carpenter retread, or he could be a bigger Sean Lee.

kumizi

Reaction score
If they don't take a LB in the first 2 rounds, that better mean Jaylon Smith is ready to rock.

If they take a LB early, I think it's still "showing progress" quotes for Jaylon.

Scotman

Reaction score
I really liked the pick from Day 1 but I recall the disappointment among many.
Exactly. I was SUPER disappointed. That wasn't a sexy pick at all. And being a guy who doesn't follow college ball, I only knew the names of the "skill" positions.

As a fan, I'm really, really thankful I'm not the guy making the picks this week for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.