You know, everything really does point to LVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well I can't speak for anyone else. I'm not a fan of him at the 19th pick but I haven't seen enough of him know if he'll translate well to the NFL. My stance is there are better players and prospects that are there and if he's the only there at 19 we should trade down.

I replied to the opinion Raw Lewis got rolled over like he was some bum. He was a BEAST at U of M.
He was showing guys that Lewis had similar issues that LVE had. They seem to think that if the guy didn't look like an nfl all-pro every snap he couldn't play.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That is because BSU asked their LB to shoot gaps. You don't see any of the BSU guys trying to stack. This notion you have going that he cannot fill downhill or scrape down the line and finish just seems ignorant to me.
At 19 lets not play guessing games huh? I never said he can never or wont ever, hell the kid could be a hall of famer, but from what he showed on tape I don't like him at 19 for this team. Forget he can't fill in I don't think I should ever see a LB his size constantly be put on his back. It worries the hell out of me and 19 I feel is too rich. For this team and him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
At 19 lets not play guessing games huh? I never said he can never or wont ever, hell the kid could be a hall of famer, but from what he showed on tape I don't like him at 19 for this team. Forget he can't fill in I don't think I should ever see a LB his size constantly be put on his back. It worries the hell out of me and 19 I feel is too rich. For this team and him.

In the past 10 years I can think of two top 50 LB that were NFL ready to take on blocks. McClain and Ragland. The NCAA with its spread and quick hitting plays is what it is.

If you watch Evans he gets hooked and driven too. Worse he is a hug question mark in coverage. This isn't your daddy's NFL where teams run it at least half the time and Evans could easily become a 2 down SAM type.

There are very few can't miss prospects. Vea doesn't get off blocks, Smith and Ridley are small, Fitzpatrick and James have no settled position, Edmunds and Daniels are raw, who knows what Moore can do with a decent QB, Payne had poor production, and on and on.

The reality is that compared to the other prospects LVE compares extremely well. He is athletic enough to cover,a nd has the size and length to do everything we want against the run. He is a hard worker that improved in both regards last season. His bust potential is no higher than Evans and his ceiling is much much higher.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
1...Position of EXTREME need. IMO the biggest need on the team right now.

2... 19 is right about where he should go in the opinion of many of those that actually matter.

3... Seems our coaches really like him. Even sending along Sean Lee to LVE's personal workout. A HUGE TELL imo.

4...Been doing this "internet thing" for a couple decades now. In that time you kinda get to know who knows a little sumpin sumpin , who doesnt, and who likes to pretend that they do...LOL Lets justs say.......... It looks pretty good for the prospects of LVE becoming a Dallas Cowboy tonight.

Lastly....... Having said all that, anything can still happen. Wouldnt totally shock me if he wasnt the pick, stranger things have happened. Its just that right now as I sit here today , if I had to make a bet it would absolutely be on him.

Vander Esch has written bust all over him.

I hope we wont draft him. Not even at 50 if he is still available.

You watch his college play this guy is soft cant get rid of blockers. He looks good when he drops back in coverage but is lost there. He loses sight of the pass play and is continuously out of position. He looks very slow to me also. I cant see a sideline to sidleline backer when i watch his college tape.

This guy to me is the secons coming of that blond guy with the long hairs we drafted 10 years ago. I cant remember his name right now. But esch looks exactly like him.

I cant understand how someone as a scout can say - after esch had 1 good year - he is worth a 1st round pick. I wouldnt give up a third for him.

And when i have to read mocks where Calvin ridley is still on board and we take esch i just shake my head.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
In the past 10 years I can think of two top 50 LB that were NFL ready to take on blocks. McClain and Ragland. The NCAA with its spread and quick hitting plays is what it is.

If you watch Evans he gets hooked and driven too. Worse he is a hug question mark in coverage. This isn't your daddy's NFL where teams run it at least half the time and Evans could easily become a 2 down SAM type.

There are very few can't miss prospects. Vea doesn't get off blocks, Smith and Ridley are small, Fitzpatrick and James have no settled position, Edmunds and Daniels are raw, who knows what Moore can do with a decent QB, Payne had poor production, and on and on.

The reality is that compared to the other prospects LVE compares extremely well. He is athletic enough to cover,a nd has the size and length to do everything we want against the run. He is a hard worker that improved in both regards last season. His bust potential is no higher than Evans and his ceiling is much much higher.
Evans on tape holds up much better at the point of attack has way more experience and has less bust potential. I might be old school but I want a big physical player to play big and physical. I know it's your thing to jock my **** on every post, but the guy isn't that strong and I dont think for this team he can really contribute as well as some other picks can on day 1. 2nd round for him all day long.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He was showing guys that Lewis had similar issues that LVE had. They seem to think that if the guy didn't look like an nfl all-pro every snap he couldn't play.
Lewis had way better balance, speed. Watch that tape of Lewis he was not put on the ground very often and he is way smaller than Vander. The thing that concerns me is him being put on his back even against similar sized guys. I do not see that on many 1st round lb tape

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the end of the day the anti LVE stuff is like watching someone trying to pour water into a bucket thats been shot with a 12 gauge. Just dont hold any water. Not fact based. Its fine to prefer Evans IMO, as I have said many times I would be ok with either. I just prefer the arguments against LVE to be actually fact based and not pulled from thin air is all.

Dude, pick a side of the fence. lol

Hadenough

Reaction score
Great pick! We have a great group of starting LBs now. This is all about protecting the middle of the field. But this kid LVE also has sideline to sideline speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.