CFZ You know what annoys me about our FO?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This team is always way too positive and overvalues their own guys.
The Jones's are thin-skinned and need constant validation that their previous decions were the right ones, even if that validation is coming from themselves.

Stephen has admitted in the past that trading for players mid-season means that they did not do a good job of putting together a roster in the off-season. Of course that is utter nonsense,; it's just how they think.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Except Jerrah won’t because there is nothing wrong with his team…
I keep saying this over and over Jerrah won’t make any changes to place the team in a position to win, unless the fans stop supporting this team.
The players have inflated egos starting with Micah who claimed he should be a 99 on Madden
More like a 59
There are some bright spots but wait till Jerrah breaks the bank with Micah.

The FO will never learn, unfortunately SF and Philly do….
You’re miserable huh.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And what? Do you watch the NFL? Every team listed is flawed and beatable.
Do you read on site...many don't care about following team progressions or explaining how the team improves in the real world.

Here, you throw in a crap question. Do I watch football...as I have been following the Cowboys since 1960. You can't even relate to my memories as well as objectivity beyond insulting with a stereotype.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Jones's are thin-skinned and need constant validation that their previous decions were the right ones, even if that validation is coming from themselves.

Stephen has admitted in the past that trading for players mid-season means that they did not do a good job of putting together a roster in the off-season. Of course that is utter nonsense,; it's just how they think.
That's crazy talk, LOL

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
You figure out how to say Stephen? Maybe some sort of man crush...I don't see a similar motivation, myself.
Stephen Jones is the real reason we will never go nfc championship or a Superbowl, ever since the TO failure, Stephen has done it his way, go watch the creeps podcasts on 1053thefan, how he chuckles when pointed out to him the rams bought a Superbowl chuckling, how he chuckles how eagles pays their players, trades ones that won't accept pay cut or will sit out, when they demand a raise, how he chuckled when pointed out after we traded amari cooper giving him away for a 5,th, but a few months later eagles trade for a j brown, same thing with Kansas City wr to dolphins but he chuckles, we do it our way, ANY OTHER GM AND SALARY CAP CEO WOULD BE FIRED,

CCBoy

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is the real reason we will never go nfc championship or a Superbowl, ever since the TO failure, Stephen has done it his way, go watch the creeps podcasts on 1053thefan, how he chuckles when pointed out to him the rams bought a Superbowl chuckling, how he chuckles how eagles pays their players, trades ones that won't accept pay cut or will sit out, when they demand a raise, how he chuckled when pointed out after we traded amari cooper giving him away for a 5,th, but a few months later eagles trade for a j brown, same thing with Kansas City wr to dolphins but he chuckles, we do it our way, ANY OTHER GM AND SALARY CAP CEO WOULD BE FIRED,
Chuckle....chuckle....chuckle *(quoted above)

Eagles, Kansas City, Dolphins...you saying here and now that the Cowboys are not able to beat any of them?

So being able to make it to a NFC Championship is bumped down to blame Stephen now?

Invest in car mirror dice....:muttley::muttley::muttley:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Chuckle....chuckle....chuckle *(quoted above)

Eagles, Kansas City, Dolphins...you saying here and now that the Cowboys are not able to beat any of them?

So being able to make it to a NFC Championship is bumped down to blame Stephen now?

Invest in car mirror dice....:muttley::muttley::muttley:
Ok amari cooper trade, we get a 5th but real reason traded so FO wouldn't have to pay his salary, what draft pick did eagles and dolphins give up for a top wr, on Gallup contract did stupid Stephen Jones sign him for 16 million contract, has Gallup produced in 2 years, on Zekes under contract for 2 years who signed him for huge rb salary, if Zeke pulled that crap as a eagle he would have been traded, on amari cooper trade from raiders was well documented that his agent demanded huge salary, everyone knew this in NFL, so we trade a number one pick, no contract extension but eagles get contract extension for a j brown then Stephen Jones chuckles on the way to the bank because some believe his crap every year

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
So if we waited a few months we could have gotten a number one pick for cooper, if Zeke pulled that bs out as a eagle you would have at least gotten a number one possibly a 3 or 4, if Gallup and his agent demanded 16 million a year he would have been traded for a 2 or 3, so now you have a number one pick for amari, a number one for Zeke, a 2 or 3 for Gallup, then all players for cowboys would see you had better not pull that crap we would have two extra number ones in 3 years plus.our own picks, and a 2 or 3

rambo2

Reaction score
You know what annoys me about our FO? The way the FO seems to think midseason that everything is fine with our roster. I appreciated the move last year for Hankins and the trades earlier this year for Cooks and Gillmore. I also liked the swap we did with KJ. That said, I think it's mind boggling how the Eagles are able to make the trades that they do with no concern for salary cap, while Jerry and Stephen, for some confusing reason, don't really have this approach. The Eagles see a problem, and they make a move to try to fix it in a trade. Jerry sees a problem, and it's "It should be fine". I think a lot of this saw this roster and knew running back was a key weakness after letting Zeke go. Now, it's looking like a key weakness. Similarly, LB is also a big weakness of ours when it comes to depth. Jerry never seema to realise the problem until it smacks him in the face, and it's too late when that reality check comes.

I do think that our coaching staff and players need to be better. That said, the FO has to be better too. If they keep giving the coaching staff hamburger, then they can't be surprised when they get hamburger results. They need to provide steak every so often. They need to realise that, when there's a key problem that they can fix, then they should do it. There is this thing called a comp pick. I liked what they used to do where they would make late round trades to fill holes, then those players' contracts wouldn't be renewed, then we get the comp pick. It's a nice cycle. It's one the Eagles seem to use. It's a smart system because then you can trade some late round picks knowing you're getting more with comp picks anyway. In other words, Jerry and Stephen need to give McCarthy and Quinn the tools they need to succeed. Yes, McCarthy's playcalling could be better. No doubt. But, has it crossed the minds of the FO that maybe they have something missing?

I'll give an example. McCarthy stated he wanted to run the ball more. Jerry has given him Pollard, Dowdle, Vaughn, and Luepke (who, tbf, Mike hasn't used nearly enough). They do not replace what Zeke did. It's not just that the oline isn't as good as it once was. A rushing style has to be congruent with the style of oline being used. Pollard is not Zeke. Unfortunately, because Jerry hasn't given him a back to do what Zeke was able to do, Mike is having to use Pollard like Zeke. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole. Of course it's not going to work! Why would it be surprising that Pollard isn't as good up the middle as he is on the outside? Guess what? Jerry Jones has a week to fix the problem before the trade deadline. Yet, he makes this comment last week about "we won't initiate a call". Maybe it's a negotiating tactic, but he really should make a few calls. Who knows? He might get some deals on players that we could really use like a LB, RB, or a lineman. Plus, it doesn't always have to take draft picks. We made a good move earlier with Joseph. That was good! But, they did it likely because they couldn't take KJ anymore. It shouldn't come to that to realise that a player should be moved on from. Perhaps there might be players that other teams want that might be expendable for us? Who knows? You never know if you don't shake the tree.
We aren't at mid-season and they don't think the roster is fine and they would like to make a trade or 2 and are calling teams

What annoys me is that they don't use the curtains at the stadium to block out the sun.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Jerry is not a GM. Jerry is not a football mind. Jerry is a snake oil salesman only interested in growing revenue and turning a profit. The Cowboys are a plaything for him.

He is not serious about setting up an infrastructure built for winning championships
and he's the best one going. His franchise is only the most valuable sport property on the planet ..

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The talent is there and the coaches are fully capable to lead them to production on a high level...I'm still keeping the faith. I'm watching now, and production should elevate as the runners and receivers interact with a really strong offensive line comes back together. This here offense will return and fully productive. It will still be a fully productive unit on the level of the past two seasons. They haven't given up the ghost of a dominant team. Just Cooks and Pollard productive again would change all, alone.
I’ll have what you’re having.