You Like That?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
so. Anytime is a good time to laugh at the Commanders.

There's never a bad time to revel in the Skins misery. They pulled one of our tricks this year. Be just good enough to luck into the playoffs and then get rolled with a parting gift of a very late 1st round pick. LOL. That's pretty funny actually.

StylisticS

Reaction score
There's never a bad time to revel in the Skins misery. They pulled one of our tricks this year. Be just good enough to luck into the playoffs and then get rolled with a parting gift of a very late 1st round pick. LOL. That's pretty funny actually.

I think their ineptitude has helped people forget that there is an actual rivalry between these two. I revel in their failure no matter what.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To each their own.

This nightmare season is over, now onto next season.

A garbage showing like the Commanders had today certainly would not make me feel all that great.

The whole point of making the postseason is to be competitive. If we had somehow lucked into it with Cassel, etc., it would have been hollow.

The goal every season should be to play for a chance to win it all. Like last season.

If the idea is to be mediocre enough to stumble in and then fall flat on your face, I don't see the charm.

Washington does have something to build on. Most had them in basement of the NFC East to start the season and not only did they win the division but they may have found themselves a QB. Everyones goal is to win it all but it all starts with giving yourself a chance by making the playoffs. Washington didn't exactly stumble in they won 9 games closing out the season with 4 straight wins. They overcame a 24 point deficit to a Tampa team we blew a lead to in the closing minutes.

The Cowboys blew several leads this season and were given every opportunity to make the playoffs. Some here can piss on Washington's season all they want due to sour grapes over the miserable year the Cowboys had but they had a better season than us and deserve some credit.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
24280766776_e32ea511ef.jpg

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Washington does have something to build on.

I don't agree.

They have a serious issues defensively and got by on smoke and mirrors.

Offensively, they have Jackson and that is about it. And they will have to overpay Cousins now.

If I were them, I would be petrified.

They overachieved if you want to get all honest about it.

I don't see the foundation you are talking about.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't agree.

They have a serious issues defensively and got by on smoke and mirrors.

Offensively, they have Jackson and that is about it. And they will have to overpay Cousins now.

If I were them, I would be petrified.

They overachieved if you want to get all honest about it.

I don't see the foundation you are talking about.

I'm not saying they don't have some holes but when you find a potentially solid head coach and a QB that's a starting point to any strong foundation. The big reason Washington surprised this season was due to Cousins play. He passed for over 4100 yards and had 29 TD's. They had stability at the QB position for the first time since 2012. While Romo's clock is ticking they may have a QB they can bank on for a number of years. They may have overachieved but we underachieved and that speaks to the coaching of both teams. There's no excuse to go 1-10 with two veteran QBs. While we have coaching issues they may have found a solid coach in Gruden.

Alexander

Reaction score
I'm not saying they don't have some holes but when you find a potentially solid head coach and a QB that's a starting point to any strong foundation. The big reason Washington surprised this season was due to Cousins play. He passed for over 4100 yards and had 29 TD's. While Romo's clock is ticking they may have a QB they can bank on for a number of years. They may have overachieved but we underachieved as usual that speaks to the coaching both teams. There's no excuse to go 1-10 with two veteran QBs. While we have coaching issues they may have found a solid coach in Gruden.

You have way higher of an opinion on Gruden than I do. He had a chance to win that game today and let it get away due to inexperience.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have way higher of an opinion on Gruden than I do. He had a chance to win that game today and let it get away due to inexperience.

DeJack made a mistake early in the game that could have given Washington a 9-0 lead that changed the momentum. I'm not saying that Gruden is a great coach the jury is still out but he had a resume that qualified him to be a head coach. He's inexperienced but has gotten Washington a lot farther in two seasons than Garrett got the Cowboys during his first two seasons. He got stuck with RG3 and had to deal with that during his first season. It took Garrett three seasons just to move past 500 and he had a franchise QB in Tony Romo.

Alexander

Reaction score
DeJack made a mistake early in the game that could have given Washington a 9-0 lead that changed the momentum. I'm not saying that Gruden is a great coach the jury is still out but he had a resume that qualified him to be a head coach. He's inexperienced but has gotten Washington a lot farther in two seasons than Garrett got the Cowboys during his first two seasons. He got stuck with RG3 and had to deal with that during his first season. It took Garrett three seasons just to move past 500 and he had a franchise QB in Tony Romo.

Jackson is an extremely talented player but good lord he is stupid and unreliable. He is not a player I would build around.

Nav22

Reaction score

The Commanders beat NOBODY good this season and only won the division because the rest of the division fell apart.

We beat them with Matt Cassel.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gruden had to deal with the growing pains of two young QBs his first two seasons. Raise your hand if you think Garrett could've done a better job than Gruden has in Washington. Gruden brought the Commanders into Dallas last season with the Cowboys riding a six game win streak and beat them with Colt McCoy at QB.