You people are somewhat funny

Hunter71

Reaction score
DTK;1225410 said:
True, but I think our fan base is the worst at it.

Last night's game is a total of 1 loss in the grand scheme of things. It is what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. Our team played bad and things snowballed from there. We can worry about things such as Romo, pass rush, etc. But the sky isn't falling. Let's just hope our coaches make the necessary adjustments.

Good post...

This fan base is friggin too emotional which clouds judgement...

It's the same on the Ranch and every other board...

I just find it very amusing that people now think our season is over and that we should start cleaning house...

I'm sure they're saying the same things in Indy and NE this morning...

(That's called sarcasm...)

superpunk

Reaction score
Juke99;1225422 said:
Well, think of it...We had Payton on our staff.

When did he EVER call a game like that for us? Obviously, he was quite capable.

Was he?

Or was the talent not available?

After all, he had all the playcalling power in NY, until Fassel took it away. You can call the greatest game in the world, and if the guys on the field can't execute, it's meaningless. Drew Brees was unreal last night.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
superpunk;1225476 said:
Was he?

Or was the talent not available?

After all, he had all the playcalling power in NY, until Fassel took it away. You can call the greatest game in the world, and if the guys on the field can't execute, it's meaningless. Drew Brees was unreal last night.

Switch the "talent" last night and whattya think would have happened?

So you're saying, going into this game, you were thinking "Man oh man, those Saints really have a lot more talent than we do on offense"

We got beatlast night by a FB who has the talent of an anvil.

And yeah, about Fassel...he was such a brilliant coach that he couldn't even hold his OC position this year.

superpunk

Reaction score
Juke99;1225514 said:
Switch the "talent" last night and whattya think would have happened?

So you're saying, going into this game, you were thinking "Man oh man, those Saints really have a lot more talent than we do on offense"

We got beatlast night by a FB who has the talent of an anvil.

And yeah, about Fassel...he was such a brilliant coach that he couldn't even hold his OC position this year.

Do you think Fassel wasn't letting him loose? Our talent on offense this year is definitely upgraded, so comparing what Payton did last year and this is pretty moot. We never had RBs like NO, or a QB like Brees.

Marktui

Reaction score
Wow....Ok, we got schooled last night. I was sick to my stomach last night about the loss. But we need to calm down. We still can do something good here. We still lead the division and have our playoff birth in our control. 2 out of 3 at home.

I for one am already looking forward to Saturday's game. Let's see how Romo responds to this, does he get better or does he get worse?? This could be the game that decides his future here! Like another poster said on the board, we get too high and too low around here. No need to panic! So far we are 500 in Dec. Who cares about the last 3 years, that is history, lets see how they do this YEAR!!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
superpunk;1225518 said:
Do you think Fassel wasn't letting him loose? Our talent on offense this year is definitely upgraded, so comparing what Payton did last year and this is pretty moot. We never had RBs like NO, or a QB like Brees.

Fassel was a control FREAK. Plain and simple. When he felt he was slipping, he took control of everything. He got fired in the end.

My point is, and you kinda ignored it, he beat us with a FB who moves like a cinder block.

It's not only talent. It's the creative use of it.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Juke99;1225398 said:
This loss was alarming.

A home game. This late in the season. In the middle of a playoff run. And we had ZILCH.

And btw, I've never called Bill Parcells the best coach in the NFL.

This was a TOTAL collapse. From coaches on down.

Under the watch of Parcells, we have had some of the most humiliating defeats in team history. THAT is a fact. We've set futility records. Most points allowed, most yardage, most lopsided losses, most TD's by an opposing QB at home.

BUT for it to happen in a game of this magnitude is truly disturbing.

We came out on fire and fizzled after our first offensive and defensive series.

we aren't that good at home and lets face facts.. our home field/crowd is PATHETIC.

we are a "dome-like" stadium which plays to the aints team more than our own. why cant we have real grass in texas for christ sake.

unfortunately we all bought the hype and failed to recognize the FACT that Sean watched our O and D for 3 years. 7 ex players and another ex coach. exposed "probowl" roy and co. so bad it was not fair.

nothing is disturbing except the fan reaction but i've always said yankees and 'boys have the WORST FANS in sports after a loss.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
burmafrd;1225373 said:
Screaming for BP's head when just 24 hrs ago you were calling him the best coach in the NFL. Sure we have some problems; and the boys and bp stank it up last night. But the over reaction is hilarious.

Fickled fans.

I think it's funny too that many posters were jumping on all those "experts" who picked the Saints instead of the Cowboys and were on the "we could get home field advantage and even if we don't we'll beat the Bears in Chicago" bandwagon.

Funny how a week changes everything.

That's why I said "one game at a time."

I refuse to get caught in the emotional roller coaster a week can bring.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Fassel was right canning Sean. lots of complaints that surface over time... too complex a playbook. "packages" that Ds would almost know the EXACT PLAY being run based on formation.

You guys seem to think Sean is undefeated and has done this for years at NO. ROTFLMAO. the guy was spotted our playbook on O and D.

i underrated NO's talent on O... it is above ours or equal at about EVERY position and joe horn didn't even play. QB is the best in the league (i thought that before the game though) above Brady at this point.

burmafrd

Reaction score
TO and Glenn are better then anyone they have. So is Witten. So I do not buy the better talent thing.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Hunter71;1225464 said:
OK...

Well...

We beat the Colts and we beat the Giants in the Meadowlands...

What does that tell you?...

Well beating the Colts isn't exactly as impressive as it was when it first happend.....they were beaten badly again yesterday.

The Giants had half there defense missing and we barely won that game.

You cannot lose 42-17 at home and be considered a serious threat for a title, I'm sorry. To think otherwise is completely biased and delusional.

DTK

Reaction score
burmafrd;1225599 said:
TO and Glenn are better then anyone they have. So is Witten. So I do not buy the better talent thing.

I might be inclined to trade TO for Colston. I like his size and salary. But I agree, I believe we have better talent. The difference last night was Brees and Bush. Or was it Payton and Zimmer?

SaintReginald

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1225576 said:
Fickled fans.

I think it's funny too that many posters were jumping on all those "experts" who picked the Saints instead of the Cowboys and were on the "we could get home field advantage and even if we don't we'll beat the Bears in Chicago" bandwagon.

Funny how a week changes everything.

That's why I said "one game at a time."

I refuse to get caught in the emotional roller coaster a week can bring.

well said

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hunter71;1225464 said:
OK...

Well...

We beat the Colts and we beat the Giants in the Meadowlands...

What does that tell you?...

Look...no one is saying we should go 16-0....but if you aspire to be Super Bowl contender....if you aspire to be a top 5 defense...YOU DO NOT LET WHAT HAPPENED HAPPEN. They playoffs are single elimination tournament...and if you do not properly gameplan AND/OR make in game adjustments....you will go home. The fans that are upset are not saying we are not a playoff team....but are approach to football against elite teams (and that is what the playoffs consist of) will get us sent home. Stop somebody as opposed to waiting for someone to stop themselves. Go look up how we have fared against teams with good QBs...this is not about a knee jerk reaction...I do not have the stats in front of me...but I just remeber Leftwich, Eli, McNabb, and Brees making a sandwich in the pocket

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
burmafrd;1225618 said:
Zimmer got owned- no adjustments.

Do we know this as fact?

Are we saying here that the Cowboys defensive coaching staff didn't recognize they were getting manhandled defensively?

I'm willing to say as paid professionals they would recognize that changes had to be made. It's just the players forgot to execute.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And the over reaction begins with the whinning and so and so needs to be gone. I clearly hope the team handles this better than the fans do because this constant over reaction any time we lose is a joke. I always thought we had better fans than that but I guess not

SaintReginald

Benched
Reaction score
DTK;1225614 said:
I might be inclined to trade TO for Colston. I like his size and salary. But I agree, I believe we have better talent. The difference last night was Brees and Bush. Or was it Payton and Zimmer?

TO for colston? wed never take such a trade. TO is a cancer and has destroyed 2 teams before dallas. time will tell there but if they start losing i have a feeling hell explode. Our team is very big on de-emphasizing individuals..TO doesnt fit in our system at all.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1225627 said:
And the over reaction begins with the whinning and so and so needs to be gone. I clearly hope the team handles this better than the fans do because this constant over reaction any time we lose is a joke. I always thought we had better fans than that but I guess not
How is it overreacting when a team that you are cometing against for the ultimate prize sets a franchise record in YOUR HOUSE!

You optimists keep brushing that little fact aside if you want to....hey everyone loses games....but the way we lost with the WHOLE world watching should be and is alarming

gbrittain

Reaction score
burmafrd;1225373 said:
Screaming for BP's head when just 24 hrs ago you were calling him the best coach in the NFL. Sure we have some problems; and the boys and bp stank it up last night. But the over reaction is hilarious.

I can say this because I have not called for his head because of last nights loss nor was I calling the best coach in the NFL 24 hrs ago as you say.

When you get a butt whipping like that at home with playoff implications on the line, you have to imagine there is going to be some screaming.