You think the 49ers can beat the Seahawks on Sunday?

SoBlue128

Reaction score
SF is in a tailspin so highly doubtful but "any given Sunday' so you never know.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
It will be a huge stress relief off of me watching that Cowboys vs Eagles game if San Fran can somehow upset Seattle in the late afternoon game. Normally those two teams play tight games and I'm just hoping Kapernick can put some points on the board against Seattle's defense.

What do you guys think, Can San Fran pull the upset? Or do you have more faith that Minnesota can upset Detroit?

If Seattle loses then Dallas will jump to the 6th seed win or lose.

Nope. Wouldn't surprise me if SF loses out for 2014.

endersdragon

Reaction score
He didn't play the whole game either.

Just saying the Rams looked quite good the previous 4 weeks, probably one of the hottest teams in the NFL, beating the Broncos, barely losing to the Chargers on the road, and beating the Raiders and Commanders (yes both bad teams but...) by a combined 76-0. The Cards shut them down. I think it would be silly to count the Cards out in the next couple of games, they aren't an offensive focused team.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Just saying the Rams looked quite good the previous 4 weeks, probably one of the hottest teams in the NFL, beating the Broncos, barely losing to the Chargers on the road, and beating the Raiders and Commanders (yes both bad teams but...) by a combined 76-0. The Cards shut them down. I think it would be silly to count the Cards out in the next couple of games, they aren't an offensive focused team.

I'm counting them out based on the fact that they're down to their 3rd string QB, Stanton was bad enough but he's like Joe Montana compared to the guy that's in there now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I hope the 49ers don't beat the Seahawks. A WC seed would be nice but if Seattle wins, we can get the 2 seed.

endersdragon

Reaction score
I'm counting them out based on the fact that they're down to their 3rd string QB, Stanton was bad enough but he's like Joe Montana compared to the guy that's in there now.

3rd string QBs can beat 9-4 teams (or should I say 6-1 teams)... trust me... I remember.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
3rd string QBs can beat 9-4 teams (or should I say 6-1 teams)... trust me... I remember.

I don't think you do remember. If you are talking about this season, that 6-1 team was beat by a 2nd string QB and not a 3rd string QB and oh by the way... that QB is still a starter today.

endersdragon

Reaction score
I don't think you do remember. If you are talking about this season, that 6-1 team was beat by a 2nd string QB and not a 3rd string QB and oh by the way... that QB is still a starter today.

Colt McCoy was their 3rd QB this year. Cousins was originally their second string, he just lost that role because he sucked so much. RGIII was their starter. You can argue that it was 2nd string not 3rd... but really... it was 3rd.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Minnesota is not beating Det and SF Is not beating Seattle. Get real people. The Cowboys have one path into the playoffs ans that is taking care of business and winning out. I'm so tired of worrying about what other teams do, we should only be worrying about what our team does.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Minnesota is not beating Det and SF Is not beating Seattle. Get real people. The Cowboys have one path into the playoffs ans that is taking care of business and winning out. I'm so tired of worrying about what other teams do, we should only be worrying about what our team does.

An 11-5 team has only missed the playoffs twice. It's not exactly unheard of to believe that we can make the playoffs at 11-5 this season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Colt McCoy was their 3rd QB this year. Cousins was originally their second string, he just lost that role because he sucked so much. RGIII was their starter. You can argue that it was 2nd string not 3rd... but really... it was 3rd.

Colt was the 2nd string QB the previous week to him beating the Cowboys so no he was not the 3rd string QB. Even with RGIII healthy now, Colt is the starter now so you are really stretching it by calling him 3rd string.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Excellent point.

I am tired of all this "hoping other teams lose" so we can make the playoffs................Its time Garrett shows us that he can lead a team into the playoffs by actually winning games, not by hoping other teams lose...........GO EARN IT!!!!

And I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you get swept by Mark freaking Sanchez..................your team is a joke and doesn't deserve to go to the playoffs.......................Seattle was laughing at Sanchez, not losing to him.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Colt was the 2nd string QB the previous week to him beating the Cowboys so no he was not the 3rd string QB. Even with RGIII healthy now, Colt is the starter now so you are really stretching it by calling him 3rd string.

Fine, he started the season as 3rd string, just like the Cards new QB. Though the problem is, we have no clue how the Cards new QB will perform, not to mention the Cards defense (that matches up quite well against the Seahawks). It seems silly to assume that he is sure to suck on 10 days rest.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Excellent point.

I am tired of all this "hoping other teams lose" so we can make the playoffs................Its time Garrett shows us that he can lead a team into the playoffs by actually winning games, not by hoping other teams lose...........GO EARN IT!!!!

And I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you get swept by Mark freaking Sanchez..................your team is a joke and doesn't deserve to go to the playoffs.......................Seattle was laughing at Sanchez, not losing to him.

So I take it if we go 11-5 and miss the playoffs (the third team ever to do so) you will be all for firing Garrett? What if we beat Sanchez but lose to Luck?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Fine, he started the season as 3rd string, just like the Cards new QB. Though the problem is, we have no clue how the Cards new QB will perform, not to mention the Cards defense (that matches up quite well against the Seahawks). It seems silly to assume that he is sure to suck on 10 days rest.

The Cardinals new QB isn't betting anyone. They are just happy they have a playoff seed assured. The Cardinals are saying Stanton will be back for the playoffs.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So I take it if we go 11-5 and miss the playoffs (the third team ever to do so) you will be all for firing Garrett? What if we beat Sanchez but lose to Luck?

After listening to Stephen Jones, I am 100% sure Garrett will be handed a brand new contract at the end of the season..............regardless of who we beat or who we lose to.

Both Jerry and Stephen have now said that they don't want all the time and effort they put in to "training" Garrett to benefit another team................they are not letting him walk, regardless of what the fan base thinks.

I wonder what Garrett thinks about the Joneses referring to him as a "trainee":laugh:

JBS

Reaction score
Seattle losing doesn't help us all that much...actually it helps nothing

Seattle isn't losing 2/3 no matter what...so you are better off following a different game...more like vikes lions