You think the 49ers can beat the Seahawks on Sunday?

JBS

Reaction score
Minnesota is not beating Det and SF Is not beating Seattle. Get real people. The Cowboys have one path into the playoffs ans that is taking care of business and winning out. I'm so tired of worrying about what other teams do, we should only be worrying about what our team does.

There will be an upset in the last three weeks of this season...at least one, if not more.

Hell, it might be dallas that gets upset, but it's going to happen

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Certainly possible but not likely. Kapernick is not throwing it well and he's going up against a great secondary that is playing lights out.

cej757

Reaction score
Minnesota is not beating Det and SF Is not beating Seattle. Get real people. The Cowboys have one path into the playoffs ans that is taking care of business and winning out. I'm so tired of worrying about what other teams do, we should only be worrying about what our team does.

You'll be singing a different tune after week 17 and the Cowboys don't get in the playoffs because they lost a tiebreaker somewhere. Right now there is more than one path to get in and I'm looking for them.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It will be a huge stress relief off of me watching that Cowboys vs Eagles game if San Fran can somehow upset Seattle in the late afternoon game. Normally those two teams play tight games and I'm just hoping Kapernick can put some points on the board against Seattle's defense.

What do you guys think, Can San Fran pull the upset? Or do you have more faith that Minnesota can upset Detroit?

If Seattle loses then Dallas will jump to the 6th seed win or lose.

I think the 49ers lose to seattle 9 out of 10 times. Especially now.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Fine, he started the season as 3rd string, just like the Cards new QB. Though the problem is, we have no clue how the Cards new QB will perform, not to mention the Cards defense (that matches up quite well against the Seahawks). It seems silly to assume that he is sure to suck on 10 days rest.

At the start of the regular season Colt McCoy was the 3rd string QB for the Commanders. At the start of the regular season Ryan Lindley wasn't on the Cardinals roster. They had Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton and Logan Thomas. The Cards signed Lindley in November after Palmer was lost for the year. That essentially makes the Cards new QB as their 4th string QB.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Seattle losing doesn't help us all that much...actually it helps nothing

Seattle isn't losing 2/3 no matter what...so you are better off following a different game...more like vikes lions

How is Seattle losing not helpful? Won't Dallas get in based on head-to-head with Seattle as long as there is no three way tie at the end of the year.

JBS

Reaction score
How is Seattle losing not helpful? Won't Dallas get in based on head-to-head with Seattle as long as there is no three way tie at the end of the year.

Correct...but give me a scenario where there is no 3 way tie w Seattle winning 11 games?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Correct...but give me a scenario where there is no 3 way tie w Seattle winning 11 games?

A three way tie is likely, but there are scenarios where it won't happen. Seatlle losing may matter, which is different than your statement "actually it helps nothing". Dallas has to win. That matters the most, but what happens to other teams also can have an influence on the Cowboys playoff hopes.

JBS

Reaction score
A three way tie is likely, but there are scenarios where it won't happen. Seatlle losing may matter, which is different than your statement "actually it helps nothing". Dallas has to win. That matters the most, but what happens to other teams also can have an influence on the Cowboys playoff hopes.

If you want to get technical...of course it helps, bc it doesn't hurt..and it opens a incredibly small possibility...

But it's not even worth discussing...it's not going go happen...again, the purpose of this thread was to follow another game and root for another team..that team is Minnesota

joseephuss

Reaction score
That is not getting technical. You said it helps nothing. That is an absolute statement that just isn't true or factual. I don't think the 49ers will win today, so it is a moot point. If, however the unlikely happens and the 49ers win it can help Dallas.

JBS

Reaction score
That is not getting technical. You said it helps nothing. That is an absolute statement that just isn't true or factual. I don't think the 49ers will win today, so it is a moot point. If, however the unlikely happens and the 49ers win it can help Dallas.

It has to be compounded w another loss by the Hawks for it to matter...which isn't going to happen...you can keep arguing all want...it doesn't matter

joseephuss

Reaction score
It has to be compounded w another loss by the Hawks for it to matter...which isn't going to happen...you can keep arguing all want...it doesn't matter

No, it doesn't. Seattle doesn't have to lose twice. If Detroit wins out they win the NFC North. If Green Bay only loses once(to Detroit) they get a WC spot with a 12-4 record. That would leave Seattle and Dallas(assuming both lose only 1 game over the next 3) competing for that second WC spot with the same 11-5 record. So I will argue that your statement that it doesn't matter is wrong.

JBS

Reaction score
No, it doesn't. Seattle doesn't have to lose twice. If Detroit wins out they win the NFC North. If Green Bay only loses once(to Detroit) they get a WC spot with a 12-4 record. That would leave Seattle and Dallas(assuming both lose only 1 game over the next 3) competing for that second WC spot with the same 11-5 record. So I will argue that your statement that it doesn't matter is wrong.

I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong. One scenario I've never considered was the Lions beating the Packers...and it's definitely possible...so, you are correct..