You Want Garrett Fired

Rayman70

Reaction score
MARINELLI and Garrett MUST GO. Elevate Richard to D coord for the rest of the year and Make Ben Bloom the interim HC as well..

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If the Eagles come in our house & beat us then I agree !

You sound like Jerry Jones. “If-”. NO. NOW! We got beat by the 0-4 JETS! Now on a 3 game lose streak! Why should we wait to get beat by the Eagles to take action?!

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
If the Eagles come in our house & beat us then I agree !
its inevitable. Garrett looks spent. LOW ENERGY coaching and the players see it. We have taken on HIS persona. He just looks too satisfied.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
lol, what a strange thing to be in denial about, you guys are hilarious

Jerry fired Jimmy ainec

We can equivocate all we want about how Jimmy was planning on leaving, Jimmy goaded jeri into firing him, Jimmy and jeri weren’t getting along, etc, etc, etc but the bottom line is jeri fired him and gave Jimmy 2 million to leave. The straw that broke Jeri’s back was the non-toast where jeri tried to toast a table of people jeri had fired (Bob Ackles, Brenda Bushnell, etc) that Jimmy was also at. Jeri being his typical tone deaf, self absorbed, insecure a-hole self got his panties in a bunch when they didn't smooch his butt and gave a tepid response to his drunken toast.

That was the final draw for jeri and he immediately starts talking to various people including reporters about firing Jimmy. He may have sobered up by the time he spoke to Jimmy face to face and offered some kind of BS untenable offer for Jimmy to remain coach, but that wasn't true because he had already called Switzer asking him if he wanted the job and to start considering it. Jeri wanted the satisfaction of firing Jimmy. Jeri was seething and wanted to wake Jimmy up in the middle of the night, jerk him out of bed and fire him on the spot. Jeri was bitter and wanted revenge.

I don't think Jimmy was going to hang around much longer but I believe he was definitely planning to return for an attempt at a 3-peat as evidenced by his comments to Deon during Super Bowl 28 and comments where he didn't think there was any way jeri would fire a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach:

No doubt Jimmy was on his last days in Dallas as he had grown sick and tired of Jeri's meddling and clamoring for credit:

jeri talking out of his backside here and couldn't abide by his own philosophy:

I believe there were growing tensions between the two and the end was drawing near since both were ready to be done with each other.

The "non-toast" was the final draw that lit the fire which caused jeri to fire Jimmy (you can call it a nuanced firing with a caveat but it was still a firing imo)

I believe jeri was pissed and wanted the satisfaction of firing jimmy face to face and did in fact do so (I'm admittedly speculating since I wasn't in there). Jeri may have made Jimmy an offer that he knew Jimmy would never accept to try to soften the blow and give Jimmy a measure of face saving in the public eye. But in reality, jeri only did this to save his own face, not Jimmys, because jeri was so pissed he didn't give two ***** about how Jimmy was perceived and realized he was the one that was going to take the PR hit.

So he paid Jimmy 2 million to leave (Jimmy had a ten year contract and you don't get 2 million when you break your contract and quit). Jimmy went along with it publicly in exchange for the 2 mill but also because I think Jimmy was hurt by the firing and it was a blow to his ego so it not being called a firing is more palatable even if deep down he knew he had just been fired.

Yes, he hadn't stayed long in all his venues but he was the one that got to make the choice to leave in all his previous stops. IIRC, he had never been fired so its a face saving measure to tell the world ex post facto he was going to quit anyway (I said something similar when my junior high girl friend broke up with me). Jimmy was hurt by it and I think it still stings him a little to this day.

So you can call it a "nuanced firing", a "firing with Asterisks" or just call it what it was: A firing triggered by a drunken owners feelings and pride being hurt over an employee who who didn't show him the respect he felt he deserved and because that employee would not also give him credit for things jeri didn't deserve.

That's my take based on living in Dallas while everything went down, following it obsessively and reading several books on the issue with first hand accounts from different sources of the toast incident and subsequent statements by jeri saying he was going to fire Jimmy.

Book Sources:

#1: The Water Boy: From the Sidelines to the Owner's Box: Inside the CFL, the XFL, and the NFL by Bob Ackles

#2: King of The Cowboys: The Life & Times of Jerry Jones by Jim Dent

#3: Greatest Team Ever: The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty of the 1990’s by Ron St Angelo & Norm Hitzges

Screenshots from book #1:

PI3Cp3V.jpg

3xV6oOV.jpg

12ZPrKX.jpg

sFDmQRN.jpg

oRTx3KM.jpg

Screenshots from Book #2

E6FWAc2.jpg

Zm6yWpF.jpg

ROWvlhE.jpg

raAUoLL.jpg

RmvnnSx.jpg

fwX0OHH.jpg

6hvHzQf.jpg

maQBwJZ.jpg

Z4ldqs2.jpg

wX6AaXI.jpg

Yes you're hilarious. Because he didn't fire him during that entire sequence of all your postings. They came to a mutual agreement when they both had solid heads on their shoulders. And that's an actual fact current because he would have fired him that night

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the hell, why not do what he's always wanted to do, coach! Booger wanted to go into coaching but it didn't pay close to what it pays now back in 1965 and he wanted to make money. Barry Switzer had inspired both Johnson and Booger to go into coaching and Johnson acted on it but I don't think Booger ever really let that go.

Look, he's got the staff in place and what better area to evaluate them than from the HC spot? Hell, someone tells the HC when to toss the little red flag and he couldn't be a worse sideline manager than Garrett so why not just take that over for the rest of the year? Be a better reason to be in all of the meetings.

I do not think Garrett is getting his ticket punched but if he was, I would really like to see this. I wonder if the refs would come check his cup to see what's in it but Switzer ate a hot dog on the sideline, Booger can get soused and channel Dennis Hopper from "Hoosiers". Hell, I might buy a ticket to see that.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Yes you're hilarious. Because he didn't fire him during that entire sequence of all your postings. They came to a mutual agreement when they both had solid heads on their shoulders. And that's an actual fact current because he would have fired him that night

You were provided with video from both parties involved, testimony from 3rd parties who witnessed the events, the progression of events which lead to Jimmys departure, etc but that's just fake news, right?

Yet you stubbornly cling to your belligerent conclusion with no justification other than your pride and backside, nicely done!

I look forward to future replies where you inevitably double & triple down on your denial.

Thanks for the lulz

:laugh:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You were provided with video from both parties involved, testimony from 3rd parties who witnessed the events, the progression of events which lead to Jimmys departure, etc but that's just fake news, right?

Yet you stubbornly cling to your belligerent conclusion with no justification other than your pride and backside, nicely done!

I look forward to future replies where you inevitably double & triple down on your denial.

Thanks for the lulz

Did he fire them that night after the video. That's the point that was all talk. It didn't happen yet. When cleaner heads came together. That's when they decided to leave mutually maybe that's what you're not understanding . It wasn't cutting Stone. It was initially all talk. Or he would have done it right then and there. They both decided to part

CB61

Reaction score
Unless Jerry stays out of the hiring process or at least the search, then it will not matter if Garrett is replaced. Jerry has never hired a HC that will take charge unless he needs something. Other than Jimmy and Parcells, all the HCs have essentially been the same person, which is relatively passive and with experience on one side of the ball and never known for being a legit NFL HC. I doubt the next HC will be any different.
Yep and when Jerry did stick his nose in it and brought Terrell Owens in Parcells went down the tubes to what we should have done is kept Sean Payton there he made no attempt that I'm aware of any way to keep him oh, how could you even imagine that Bill Parcells would be long term option ? I believe that were they really really really really really bad stupid a** mistake was made

CB61

Reaction score
I would have kept Sean Payton made him assistant head coach with the promise of taking over the team possibly he might have ended up with breed here ? No one else wanted Brees at that point after he hurt his shoulder or whatever injury it was they all thought he was done well that's what thought did for all those other 31 coaches and general managers including us didn't we need a quarterback at the time?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
You want him fired. That is absolutely reasonable. Garrett has had nine years to produce a Super Bowl appearance or victory.

You know Garrett will get fired due to a condition you think is reasonable. Unfortunately, both your mind and Jerry Jones' mind are wired differently.

Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson, during the offseason, three months after his franchise won a second consecutive Super Bowl. In contrast, Jerry Jones has retained Jason Garrett after three consecutive .500 seasons, 2015 ( :facepalm: ), and watching losses it looked like even he wanted to throw up.

Again, you want Garrett fired. Do you really know the person who will do the actual firing? You know. It is the same guy who has not kicked Garrett to the curb every occasion you declared "I know THIS time Jerruh has seen enough!!!!!!!" umpteen times during the past nine years.

This is the guy who will hand Garrett his eventual pink slip:

jerry-jones.jpg

Setting aside a few moments to finally consider what is truly going on behind those Johnnie Walker Blue Label eyes may provide a missing clue why you continually get Garrett's termination date wrong. Bonus clue: the guy seen above is not the person you see in the mirror every day. Which is a good thing. Just look at that face. Poor Gene. She partly owns a $250 million dollar yacht to muddle through that daily migraine though.
Yea, Garrett hasn't won enough super bowls for Jerry to fire him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm truly hoping this is Jason's last season even if he wins the Division. I don't hope Kellen or Chris comes up to the head coaching position I would like to see a new Young startup. Someone from the Patriots Like Pat Patricia look what he did for the Lions. But again we know who our owner is
2-3-1 is Impressive? dont say reasons why they arent 5-1 , there are no excuses , correct, great coaches OVERCOME mistakes and penatlys..he has NOT..his team did not stop Rogers late, his offense scored too many Fgs..

might want a better example.. not a 2-3-1 team...

cowboyec

Reaction score
like ive said before.
even IF they fire garrett.
they'll screw it up.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Did he fire them that night after the video. That's the point that was all talk. It didn't happen yet. When cleaner heads came together. That's when they decided to leave mutually maybe that's what you're not understanding . It wasn't cutting Stone. It was initially all talk. Or he would have done it right then and there. They both decided to part

[ ] Logic

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Unless Jerry stays out of the hiring process or at least the search, then it will not matter if Garrett is replaced. Jerry has never hired a HC that will take charge unless he needs something. Other than Jimmy and Parcells, all the HCs have essentially been the same person, which is relatively passive and with experience on one side of the ball and never known for being a legit NFL HC. I doubt the next HC will be any different.

Jerrah do not like the strong will coaches because he gets less TV time and exposure.

tico

Reaction score
If JJ died before winning another SB, I would laugh so hard " good work you old goat". JG should have a lot next to him also