You'd Rather Have A Going-Into-His-4th-Year Dak?

Sandyf

Reaction score
Even Aikmans various backups - Beuerlein, Kosar and Peete - were better than Dak.
Did you ever watch those 3 play? Sorry but that like saying I have premium ocean front property in Fargo, North Dakota.

cern

Reaction score
what would dak be if coached by jimmy with norv as his oc?

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
So if you could choose 1 QB:

You'd rather have a going-into-his-4th-year Dak, over a going-into-his-4th-year Aikman? Because, you know...............availability.

Aikman who missed over 1/2 of a college season due to a broken ankle.
Aikman who missed 10 games over his first 3 years in the NFL.

Aikman played a full slate of 16 games 3 years out of 12 years with the Cowboys. I'd say that worked out pretty good for Dallas. Wouldn't you say?

Hmmmm .... you trying to convince Cowboy fans of something?

So you think Wentz's contract extension is a mistake, good thing or great thing?

Are the Filthy fans over on BGN happy with this expenditure?

Do you ever regret that Foles was your SB QB and not Wentz (since you postulated a hypothetical let's continue in that vein)?

Please truthfully answer these questions to alleviate any doubts of possible troll status.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Moore may turn out to be really good but I think I'll take 90s team + Dak.. Better defense, better offense (qb excluded) and better coaches.

Yep, me too.

AT this point in their careers you would be foolish to take Dak over Aikman. Not really a competition.

But Id take Dak and that team all day long.

kskboys

Reaction score

You'd rather have a going-into-his-4th-year Dak, over a going-into-his-4th-year Aikman? Because, you know...............availability.

Aikman played a full slate of 16 games 3 years out of 12 years with the Cowboys. I'd say that worked out pretty good for Dallas. Wouldn't you say?
Soooooooooo, exactly who said they'd rather have Dak than Troy? Haven't seen anyone say this. You making this up?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Soooooooooo, exactly who said they'd rather have Dak than Troy? Haven't seen anyone say this. You making this up?
No one did. Well, no one in their right mind anyway. This is simply a troll attractant. Look, it's working! :lmao2:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Aikman did not sign his second contract until AFTER his fourth season. By that point, Dallas knew exactly what it was paying for.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'll take the guy below #4 how can we not win another 3 Superbowl's.......:muttley:

csirl

Reaction score
Did you ever watch those 3 play? Sorry but that like saying I have premium ocean front property in Fargo, North Dakota.

If thats so, then Dak is like saying you've a nice sea view plot that could be built on.....only its in Alaska, so with global warming it may be a good place for a beach home some day.

Too many people rate Dak on what he may or may not become at some unknown time in the future rather than what he is.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You didn't have doubts? Granted I don't think any Cowboys game were televised in my area that year except Thanksgiving (I don't even remember watching that one tbh) but Cowboys went 1-15 that year and it was Walsh that won that one. I was a big Hurricanes fan at the time and thought Walsh was going to be great, lol.
did you check the roster of that team? that team had Aikman, Irwin....the rest sucked. most of those players belonged at college level and were average even in college. Aikman was beat up that year. that was one of the least talented teams in the NFL ever. so its no where close to the team Dak walked into his first year, with Fredrick, Martin, Zeke and Smith.....not even close

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
what would dak be if coached by jimmy with norv as his oc?
a better than average QB. why? Norv's offense was predicated on precise timing routes and accuracy. that's why Aikman and Irvin were so good at executing it. Dak doesn't have the anticipation or the accuracy to have succeeded in Norv's offense.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Trying to justify Wentz's mega payday by saying he's Aikman lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
did you check the roster of that team? that team had Aikman, Irwin....the rest sucked. most of those players belonged at college level and were average even in college. Aikman was beat up that year. that was one of the least talented teams in the NFL ever. so its no where close to the team Dak walked into his first year, with Fredrick, Martin, Zeke and Smith.....not even close
That 1-15 team had:

Mark Tuinei
Mark Stepnoski
Nate Newton
Kevin Gogan
Daryl Johnston
Tony Tolbert
Jim Jeffcoat
Ken Norton

They weren’t completely devoid of talent outside of Aikman and Irvin.

However, a lot of the positions were manned by guys that simply didn’t belong on an NFL roster. Many were just terrible.

For the guys who did have talent, that 1-15 season made the super bowl season of 1992 all that much sweeter. They had seen NFL purgatory.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Woh. This troll just compared Aikman to Wentz? Wentz couldn’t hold Troy’s jockstrap.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Aikman and I know this is a reference to Wentz and yes I would take Wentz over Dak all day