You'd Rather Have A Going-Into-His-4th-Year Dak?

BigD_95

Reaction score
what would dak be if coached by jimmy with norv as his oc?

he would be CUT because their offense you need to be accurate with the ball - make quick reads and hit the deep throw. All things Dak is weak at.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That 1-15 team had:

Mark Tuinei
Mark Stepnoski
Nate Newton
Kevin Gogan
Daryl Johnston
Tony Tolbert
Jim Jeffcoat
Ken Norton

They weren’t completely devoid of talent outside of Aikman and Irvin.

However, a lot of the positions were manned by guys that simply didn’t belong on an NFL roster. Many were just terrible.

For the guys who did have talent, that 1-15 season made the super bowl season of 1992 all that much sweeter. They had seen NFL purgatory.
all of those guys were average players . non close to Martin, Fredrick and Smith. and on top of that a first year coach, with completely new coaching staff, new scheme being implemented, trying to learn the NFL. new owner. the cowboys were Choas. that team was nothing close to the 2016 team. anyone can tell you that...

cern

Reaction score
he would be CUT because their offense you need to be accurate with the ball - make quick reads and hit the deep throw. All things Dak is weak at.
well,i don't agree. he was quite proficient in finishing last year 7-1 after the addition of Amari cooper. and I am willing to overlook the fact you ended your last sentence in a preposition.

cern

Reaction score
did you check the roster of that team? that team had Aikman, Irwin....the rest sucked. most of those players belonged at college level and were average even in college. Aikman was beat up that year. that was one of the least talented teams in the NFL ever. so its no where close to the team Dak walked into his first year, with Fredrick, Martin, Zeke and Smith.....not even close
and just who was responsible for leaving the cowboys in that mess? tom landry, that's who. they were old and slow.

cern

Reaction score
That 1-15 team had:

Mark Tuinei
Mark Stepnoski
Nate Newton
Kevin Gogan
Daryl Johnston
Tony Tolbert
Jim Jeffcoat
Ken Norton

They weren’t completely devoid of talent outside of Aikman and Irvin.

However, a lot of the positions were manned by guys that simply didn’t belong on an NFL roster. Many were just terrible.

For the guys who did have talent, that 1-15 season made the super bowl season of 1992 all that much sweeter. They had seen NFL purgatory.
biggest problem might have been david shula as oc. norv got things rolling pretty quickly after jimmy fired shula.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
all of those guys were average players . non close to Martin, Fredrick and Smith. and on top of that a first year coach, with completely new coaching staff, new scheme being implemented, trying to learn the NFL. new owner. the cowboys were Choas. that team was nothing close to the 2016 team. anyone can tell you that...
I didn’t say they were close to the 2016 team. I was in no way comparing that team to any other team.

I was simply pointing out that Aikman and Irvin weren’t the only players on that team that belonged in the NFL. There were other players on that team that started for the super bowl team of 1992... some of them pro bowlers.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
biggest problem might have been david shula as oc. norv got things rolling pretty quickly after jimmy fired shula.
Yes. Shula was terrible. Plus, I’m sure Jimmy Johnson did a lot of learning in his first year as an NFL coach.

But like you said, Norv Turner was light years better than David Shula... that was probably the biggest difference.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I didn’t say they were close to the 2016 team. I was in no way comparing that team to any other team.

I was simply pointing out that Aikman and Irvin weren’t the only players on that team that belonged in the NFL. There were other players on that team that started for the super bowl team of 1992... some of them pro bowlers.
ok, understood. I was more focused on players that were above average and good being among the best. the league is littered with average players.

ghst187

Reaction score
So the choice is Aikman or Prescott?

Aikman all day.

This is only fair comparison if we remove all knowledge that Aikman would become one of the GOATs vs Dak who is still growing

the_h0wey

Reaction score
So if you could choose 1 QB:

You'd rather have a going-into-his-4th-year Dak, over a going-into-his-4th-year Aikman? Because, you know...............availability.

Aikman who missed over 1/2 of a college season due to a broken ankle.
Aikman who missed 10 games over his first 3 years in the NFL.

Aikman played a full slate of 16 games 3 years out of 12 years with the Cowboys. I'd say that worked out pretty good for Dallas. Wouldn't you say?
pretty dumb thread

blueblood70

Reaction score
as soon as I opened this thread I knew the OP was using the bait and switch and truly talking about Wentz vs dak and the new contract Wentz received..its blatantly obvious..

If it were Romo vs dak which we covered in 16 and 17 it would be more valid on availably vs injury vs big contracts etc

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if you could choose 1 QB:

You'd rather have a going-into-his-4th-year Dak, over a going-into-his-4th-year Aikman? Because, you know...............availability.

Aikman who missed over 1/2 of a college season due to a broken ankle.
Aikman who missed 10 games over his first 3 years in the NFL.

Aikman played a full slate of 16 games 3 years out of 12 years with the Cowboys. I'd say that worked out pretty good for Dallas. Wouldn't you say?

The equivalent analogy:

Brain Dawkins missed more games in his first three season than Jeff Heath has missed in his entire 6 year career.

Would you take Heath (Wentz) because he stays healthy over Dawkins (Aikman) ???

The talent gap between Aikman and Wentz is just to large for this to be a valid question...

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I don't care, and I think the importance of it is overblown. I understand the cowboys hesitation on players like Prescott, or when Philly had Foles, and Washington when they had Cousins. They weren't that highly rated coming out of college and the clubs are just weary of overpaying for guys that scouts didn't think that highly of. It's like every game for these players is "the real test".

Prescott has outplayed his contract, but will he get better, or have we seen the best of him already? In the biggest question is do you think he could win a Super Bowl the way he is? The FO needs to answer those questions, crap, or get off the pot with Prescott.

If they decide on signing Dak the most replaceable star is Cooper. Ezekiel is not as easily replaced so I would sign him and wave goodbye to Cooper.

NotForLong

Reaction score
This is Eagles fans warped way of justifying Wentz's contract even though he's injury prone.
3lVjTHt

[