You'd Rather Have A Going-Into-His-4th-Year Dak?

NotForLong

Reaction score
a better than average QB. why? Norv's offense was predicated on precise timing routes and accuracy. that's why Aikman and Irvin were so good at executing it. Dak doesn't have the anticipation or the accuracy to have succeeded in Norv's offense.

Because now He's only Average

NotForLong

Reaction score
I don't care, and I think the importance of it is overblown. I understand the cowboys hesitation on players like Prescott, or when Philly had Foles, and Washington when they had Cousins. They weren't that highly rated coming out of college and the clubs are just weary of overpaying for guys that scouts didn't think that highly of. It's like every game for these players is "the real test".

Prescott has outplayed his contract, but will he get better, or have we seen the best of him already? In the biggest question is do you think he could win a Super Bowl the way he is? The FO needs to answer those questions, crap, or get off the pot with Prescott.

If they decide on signing Dak the most replaceable star is Cooper. Ezekiel is not as easily replaced so I would sign him and wave goodbye to Cooper.
:facepalm:
Cowboys went 7-1 with Cooper and you wanna get rid of him

Dan goes from a top 15 QB to outside the 20

NotForLong

Reaction score
The equivalent analogy:

Brain Dawkins missed more games in his first three season than Jeff Heath has missed in his entire 6 year career.

Would you take Heath (Wentz) because he stays healthy over Dawkins (Aikman) ???

The talent gap between Aikman and Wentz is just to large for this to be a valid question...
He's not Comparing Wentz to Aikman. . . He's pointing out the Ridiculousness in Grading an Average QB (Dak) higher then the more talented QB (Carson) based on Injuries . . . He then applied this Flaw reasoning to the Past History of Aikman . . .Aikman like Wentz is extremely talented and totally dismissing Wentz based on Injuries is Foolish . . . and we as Cowboy Fans should Know this based on our History

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not so Sure Emmitt & Irvin would put up with Dak's ineptitude . . . Morale would be down

Dak's DOWNFALL and benching will start in the LOCKER ROOM.....esp if he gets a huge extension...... the BOOM will be heard from our true talented players against Dak as at some point they will get tired of carrying him!

supermanonsteroids

Reaction score
So if you could choose 1 QB:

You'd rather have a going-into-his-4th-year Dak, over a going-into-his-4th-year Aikman? Because, you know...............availability.

Aikman who missed over 1/2 of a college season due to a broken ankle.
Aikman who missed 10 games over his first 3 years in the NFL.

Aikman played a full slate of 16 games 3 years out of 12 years with the Cowboys. I'd say that worked out pretty good for Dallas. Wouldn't you say?
yes it did. but unfortunately without BDN, not Wentz, you would still have 0 SBs.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak's DOWNFALL and benching will start in the LOCKER ROOM.....esp if he gets a huge extension...... the BOOM will be heard from our true talented players against Dak as at some point they will get tired of carrying him!
Dak is Fortunate to have Zeke as a Friend . . . Because Dak has made Zeke's Carear Hard by not offering any support . . . I am gonna keep an Eye on how Dak picks up Moore's offense . . . If He continues to display what He has up until this point Mike White may be starting before its all said and done

Moore Loves Mike White . . . Go back and watch the Draft Call . . . Mike has talent that I believe Moore will Develop . . . Even Kitna is talking about him

To me Moore's elevation will lead to Whites Elevation

At this point I have Zero Faith in Dak Improving . . . But Mike White is encouraging

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
So if you could choose 1 QB:

You'd rather have a going-into-his-4th-year Dak, over a going-into-his-4th-year Aikman? Because, you know...............availability.

Aikman who missed over 1/2 of a college season due to a broken ankle.
Aikman who missed 10 games over his first 3 years in the NFL.

Aikman played a full slate of 16 games 3 years out of 12 years with the Cowboys. I'd say that worked out pretty good for Dallas. Wouldn't you say?
LOL. Wentz isn’t Aikman and never will be, but nice try.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not so Sure Emmitt & Irvin would put up with Dak's ineptitude . . . Morale would be down
Dak has shortcomings, but this is an exaggeration. Dak is a good QB and he has been successful to a point - more than Aikman at the same point in their careers. He may not be ideal, but the way some talk about him as if he is ineffective and incapable is not accurate or fair

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Aikman and Wentz over Dak any day of the week, i don't care that they both missed some games due to injury they are/were a more talented QB than Dak

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman and Wentz over Dak any day of the week, i don't care that they both missed some games due to injury they are/were a more talented QB than Dak
And Ryan Leaf was more “talented” than a lot of QBs of his day, but he wasn’t remotely as successful. The fact is you can’t really know about a QB until he proves himself. Dak has really done more to do that’s after 3 years than Aikman or Wentz.

Lest anyone claim I am saying Dak is better than those guys, I’m not. I’m saying you only find out with time, regardless of who appears more talented coming out of college.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
And Ryan Leaf was more “talented” than a lot of QBs of his day, but he wasn’t remotely as successful. The fact is you can’t really know about a QB until he proves himself. Dak has really done more to do that’s after 3 years than Aikman or Wentz.

Lest anyone claim I am saying Dak is better than those guys, I’m not. I’m saying you only find out with time, regardless of who appears more talented coming out of college.

Dak will never take a football team to the SB in my opinion and i don't think he will improve from what he is doing now. If everything is perfect around him yes it can happen but it won't be because of him. Just my opinion. And trying to compare Dak's 1st 3 seasons with Aikmans is ridiculous and you should know why, as for Wentz it's a fair comparison and Dak has the edge because Wentz has been hurt the last 2 seasons but i still think Wentz is a much more talented QB than Dak.

Trying to bring Ryan Leaf into any conversation wreaks of desperation, talent was never his issue it was his head, as for Dak it is the exact opposite, his head is solid but he lacks in talent

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak will never take a football team to the SB in my opinion and i don't think he will improve from what he is doing now. If everything is perfect around him yes it can happen but it won't be because of him. Just my opinion. And trying to compare Dak's 1st 3 seasons with Aikmans is ridiculous and you should know why, as for Wentz it's a fair comparison and Dak has the edge because Wentz has been hurt the last 2 seasons but i still think Wentz is a much more talented QB than Dak.

Trying to bring Ryan Leaf into any conversation wreaks of desperation, talent was never his issue it was his head, as for Dak it is the exact opposite, his head is solid but he lacks in talent
And everyone can have an opinion, and there is nothing wrong with that, but realistically we have to understand that opinions are fallible, and even great prospects fail, and sometimes average prospects succeed.

And that was my only point about Aikman. Of course we had to feel good about his pedigree and arm, but only time tells if it truly translates to something special in the NFL. Elite prospects can and do fail

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

Tom Brady was an NFL afterthought as a 6th round pick. He wasn’t thought of as very talented. How’d that work out?