Young outruns the field, is top offensive rookie

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Completion % is directly affected by the receiver catching the ball....Vince has been plagued by his receivers dropping lots of balls this year....I am not saying he has been perfect, far from it....but I watched several games this year and saw at least 6-8 drops per game...

So let's say he throws 13-29.....those 6-8 drops could have made it 19-29 or 21-29. All Vince or any other QB can do is throw the ball, they cannot make the catch. Just Imagine how much lower Vince's Comp % would be if he had TO and Jerramy Stevens to throw to.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BTW......VINCANITY RULES......

I called this when he was drafted....that he would win the OROY......

HOOK EM HORNS

I just Reggie Bush would sac up, be a man, and give the Heisman to its rightful owner......Mr. Vince Young

jimmy40

Reaction score
Biggems;1286051 said:
BTW......VINCANITY RULES......

I called this when he was drafted....that he would win the OROY......

HOOK EM HORNS

I just Reggie Bush would sac up, be a man, and give the Heisman to its rightful owner......Mr. Vince Young
ESPN made sure Bush won the Heisman.
BTW: I'm still waiting for ESPN to complete their series of the 2005 Greatest team in the history of sports, USC Trojans against other great teams. I want to see them play the 2005 Longhorns.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jimmy40;1286062 said:
ESPN made sure Bush won the Heisman.
BTW: I'm still waiting for ESPN to complete their series of the 2005 Greatest team in the history of sports, USC Trojans against other great teams. I want to see them play the 2005 Longhorns.
He got the Heisman before the Championship game. I don't think anyone outside of Longhorn homers was actually calling for Vince to win it at that point.

superpunk

Reaction score
Biggems;1286043 said:
Completion % is directly affected by the receiver catching the ball....Vince has been plagued by his receivers dropping lots of balls this year....I am not saying he has been perfect, far from it....but I watched several games this year and saw at least 6-8 drops per game...

So let's say he throws 13-29.....those 6-8 drops could have made it 19-29 or 21-29. All Vince or any other QB can do is throw the ball, they cannot make the catch. Just Imagine how much lower Vince's Comp % would be if he had TO and Jerramy Stevens to throw to.

Their top four receivers had 12 drops ALL YEAR. Somehow I doubt your theory.

Biggems;1286051 said:

:rolleyes: The heisman is already with it's rightful owner - the guy that won it.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Vince had better stats....and was the man in Austin....

Bush had a Heisman QB beside him all freakin season.....Sorry but the voting was bogus....

its ok....Vince took that Heisman slight and then punked both those Heisman winning chumps in their backyard....

HOOK EM HORNS

Hey Reggie and Matt..............who's yo daddy? the 2007 Offensive Rookie of the Year that's who....

jimmy40

Reaction score
theogt;1286065 said:
He got the Heisman before the Championship game. I don't think anyone outside of Longhorn homers was actually calling for Vince to win it at that point.
Whoever ESPN hypes is going to win the Heisman. Bush had like 800 first place votes to 70 for VY. That's a freaking joke that the biggest VY haters can't justify.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
jimmy40;1286095 said:
Whoever ESPN hypes is going to win the Heisman. Bush had like 800 first place votes to 70 for VY. That's a freaking joke that the biggest VY haters can't justify.
It really was a joke especially when ESPN was coming with freakin retarted questions like did Reggie Bush lock up the heisman after his performance against Fresno State??? OMG that was so stupid. Vince Young clearly deserved it but the love fest ESPN had on the entire USC team was sickening

jay cee

Reaction score
superpunk;1285993 said:
I believe I said - QUITE clearly, that I had seen 4 of his games.

I can't understand the obsession with not reading what is written

Sorry SP, I was basing my comments on this post.

superpunk;1285993 said:
Not being a Titans fan, or even caring about them in any way, I don't watch him, or watch their games on shortcuts. People see him winning a few games in last second, dramatic fashion, and forget that he was part of the reason the team was losing in the first place. That's probably the reason for the runaway vote. He was clutch, but it would be nicer if he wasn't crap before he needed to be clutch.

I guess you must have revealed that last bit of info in another post, because I did not see it in that one.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
yeah cause we all saw how great that Fresno St team was.....ESPN.....

after Bush owned them...so did Nevad, Louisiana Tech, and then another scrub school....the FSU defense was horrible....and yet ESPN creamed themselves over and over discussing how Bush sliced and diced their D....

Bush had the Heisman won after that game...and that is sad.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
superpunk;1286075 said:
Their top four receivers had 12 drops ALL YEAR. Somehow I doubt your theory.

:rolleyes: The heisman is already with it's rightful owner - the guy that won it.

I don't know how they calculate drops or what they consider a drop.....but I consider when the ball hits the receiver in the hands and it goes incomplete...then it is a drop.

Bennett alone dropped about 8 passes....and he is supposed to be their best WR....

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Biggems;1286106 said:

after Bush owned them...so did Nevad, Louisiana Tech, and then another scrub school....the FSU defense was horrible....and yet ESPN creamed themselves over and over discussing how Bush sliced and diced their D....

Yeah n you know Vince Young had over 500 total yards against oklahoma st on the road like a week earlier but nobody on ESPN hyped it up. it was BS just plain and simple

jimmy40

Reaction score
Biggems;1286106 said:

Well it certainly didn't help when VY tried to be Joe Namath and stand in the pocket all day against a&m.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1285801 said:
Their defense single handidly beat Jacksonville. Their kicker has won 2 other games for them.

So, according to you, this on single game constitutes "Making Plays All Year" and two field goals made as the difference in games equals "Big Kicks All Year"?

Well, any defense can play well for one game but the bottom line is still, they are dead last in the league in defense. There clutch kicker is ranked 21st in the NFL. He's 22-28 or 78.6%. He's pretty decent from 40 yards in but he's only hit on half of his kicks from anything past 40 yards.

I guess I'd have to say that your definition of good and my definition of good are very different.

Case in point, I believe that Vince Young has played well this season and you do not.

The question I keep asking myself is, if he were an Aggie, what would we be hearing coming out of your mouth?

Eddie

Reaction score
Gotta love the Colston story. Another Wane Chrebet, but bigger and faster.

Payton did a great job in getting this guy ... for next to nothing.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Eddie;1286785 said:
Gotta love the Colston story. Another Wane Chrebet, but bigger and faster.

Payton did a great job in getting this guy ... for next to nothing.

No doubt. I was really surprised that no one drafted him in the 5th round. I had hoped Dallas would grab him, but it didn't happen. Doesn't matter too much for this season as he would not have seen the field that much with the Cowboys. Being a back up to T.O. and Glenn will limit your chances to play as well as being a rookie. Hopefully Hurd and Austin can develop into something in the future. Colston is a good young player who landed in a good situation with the Saints.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Wow, people still think Bush deserved the Heisman over Vince Young.

Interesting.

I think Bush being on the sidelines on a crucial 4th down call towards the end of the game spoke volumes.

It was clear to me who the better player was.

- Mike G.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1286833 said:
Wow, people still think Bush deserved the Heisman over Vince Young.

Interesting.

I think Bush being on the sidelines on a crucial 4th down call towards the end of the game spoke volumes.

It was clear to me who the better player was.

- Mike G.

The Heisman was handed out prior to that game. Young had a game late in the season where he really needed to come up big and had a down game. Bush on the other hand continued to put up some big numbers enough so that he won the award. I'm a big Texas fan but I think Bush deserved the award last season.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1286837 said:
The Heisman was handed out prior to that game. Young had a game late in the season where he really needed to come up big and had a down game. Bush on the other hand continued to put up some big numbers enough so that he won the award. I'm a big Texas fan but I think Bush deserved the award last season.

I understand that.

That is why I said "People still think".

To me he even proved that further by becoming OROY.

Vince > Bush in College and the Pros :D .

- Mike G.

kevwun

Reaction score
The next time an atm fan says something positive about anything involving burnt orange will be the first.