Your Favorite Commander Mistakes

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;1437867 said:
This art guy on extremeskins must be a riot to talk to.

Please give me more, I just am eating this stuff up so much.

Adam thanks so much for that. It was classic. Almost as good as that guys take on their free agency moves last year and how the Commanders are smarter then everyone.

Then the pats preceded to take apart their defense in the preseason, destroying their confidence and showing their faults to every team in the league!

oh please post more.
As you wish.

Art said:
MANAGEMENT - Snyder, Cerrato vs. J. Jones, S. Jones
Art said:
I don't know that management can be scored, but, Snyder obviously would get the advantage. He took over the Commanders and turned them immediately into the top revenue producing team in the league, passing your Boys. He spends great money on the players and he's not, as Jones has been, involved at ALL in player evals or acquisitions. Snyder isn't watching film with the staff even now as Jones still is. Snyder is the closer. The pitch man. He is doing contracts and closing the deal. Snyder has the closed relationship with agents of any owner in the league. Not only because he spends, but because he's wined and dined them in the offseason meetings to get closer to them. Cerrato is a true football man, whether you like him or not. That alone is an advantage over the Jones boys. I don't know that this is helpful on the field, but I'll say that Snyder hasn't been a guy to assign starting roles to players as Jones has and that has hurt the team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;1437879 said:
As you wish.

wow these are so much fun.

Vinny cerrato is a true football man.

Anything else. This guy is the leader exskins...people listen to this guy.

absolutely fantastic. I love it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;1437879 said:
As you wish.

"I don't know that management can be scored, but, Snyder obviously would get the advantage. He took over the Commanders and turned them immediately into the top revenue producing team in the league, passing your Boys. He spends great money on the players and he's not, as Jones has been, involved at ALL in player evals or acquisitions. Snyder isn't watching film with the staff even now as Jones still is. Snyder is the closer. The pitch man. He is doing contracts and closing the deal. Snyder has the closed relationship with agents of any owner in the league. Not only because he spends, but because he's wined and dined them in the offseason meetings to get closer to them. Cerrato is a true football man, whether you like him or not. That alone is an advantage over the Jones boys. I don't know that this is helpful on the field, but I'll say that Snyder hasn't been a guy to assign starting roles to players as Jones has and that has hurt the team."

What a freaking tool this guy is!!

:laugh2:

Aikbach

Reaction score
1.) The fact they were granted a franchise.
2.) The fact they were blackmailed into voting for their most hated rival's induction and genesis into the league.
3.)Daniel Snyder buys the team.
4.)Free Agency.
5.)Joe Gibbs comes out of retirement.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
you have to log in to see those, no way in hell I am doing that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theebs;1437889 said:
you have to log in to see those, no way in hell I am doing that.

theebs, if you do decide to login to that site...please, please, take a shower before you come back to this site, OK?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
5Stars;1437893 said:
theebs, if you do decide to login to that site...please, please, take a shower before you come back to this site, OK?

never gonna happen.

Those guys apparently must have been on the field after the loss last year on monday night.

I guess this guy has no problem gloating and being an arrogant jerk.

Would love to see his pic. I will use it in the Commanders-cowboys preview video I am working on.

I have the Commanders mascot chief zee taking his head dress off and putting on the cowboys hat and saying go cowboys from crazy ray's ceremony the other day. It is going to be a great video clip to have.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Art
I don't know that management can be scored, but, Snyder obviously would get the advantage. He took over the Commanders and turned them immediately into the top revenue producing team in the league, passing your Boys. He spends great money on the players and he's not, as Jones has been, involved at ALL in player evals or acquisitions. Snyder isn't watching film with the staff even now as Jones still is. Snyder is the closer. The pitch man. He is doing contracts and closing the deal. Snyder has the closed relationship with agents of any owner in the league. Not only because he spends, but because he's wined and dined them in the offseason meetings to get closer to them. Cerrato is a true football man, whether you like him or not. That alone is an advantage over the Jones boys. I don't know that this is helpful on the field, but I'll say that Snyder hasn't been a guy to assign starting roles to players as Jones has and that has hurt the team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I do know Art, and the answer is.....NO, it isn't helpful on the field, as everyone has witnessed.

The goal of any sports team is to win championships. It's great and all that Snyder has turned the Commanders into a money making machine, but they don't award trophies for that. I'm quite certain the Commanders fans would be happier with a current Lombardi trophy than with the fact that their team leads all others in profit.

But hey, at least your team is #1 in something.....right?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
found this funny article with art mentioned.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/cheap/2005/cheap1021.html

Some media-bashers aren’t so loath to be outed. The poster who goes by Art is the Wilt Chamberlain of ExtremeSkins.com—he now claims more than 21,000 posts to the Skins site alone. Art has positioned himself as more of a media attack dog than a watchdog; he goes after any journo who utters a negative word about Snyder’s operation with the fervor of a scorned Scientologist. Art is the guy responsible for the Nunyo Files, and he says he’d be doing it even if the Commanders hadn’t acquired the site.

“My name is Art Mills, and everybody there knows that ‘Art’ is Art Mills,” he says. “I’ve been attacking bad journalism for years, before the Commanders ever knew my name, and I’ll be attacking bad journalism for years to come.”

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Cbz40 to mention the 1940 Championship game.

:)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
My favorite is the firing of Shottenheimer because they probably would've been very good if they had kept him and let him run the organization. NO Skins fan will admit to this and they stick with Snyder, but it's proposterous to think that Snyder was right given his track record and Shottenheimer's track record. Not to mention the crap talent that Snyder saddled Shottenheimer with in the first place. This started the coaching carousel and brought back Gibbs who has been woefully out of place since his comeback.

As far as hilarious mistakes, I'd rank them:

1. Spurrier
2. TJ Duckett
3. Brandon Lloyd
4. Adam Archuleta

The Spurrier one ranks a high with me since for years beforehand me and a couple of my friends (1 of whom is now a college assistant) used to debate with another Florida fanboy about Spurrier having success in the NFL. We concluded that Spurrier would be a joke in the NFL because we studied his offense and his hot reads and it's something that doesn't work in the pro game and essentially, Tom Osborne (Old Nebraska coach, not Orsborne the writer) showed how to do it.

Skins fans told me up and down that Spurrier was going to revolutionize the NFL (had one tell me he invented the 4 WR formation once :lmao2: ) and no matter how many times he looked awful I kept hearing a "wait and see" rebuttal. Then when he basically quit, Skins fans turned on him and many of them will never even come close to admitting that I practically pawned them off for fish heads and rice on that one.

The Duckett trade was like saying "let's find the lousiest way to give up a 3rd round pick."

The Lloyd trade made my day since he was pathetic statistically with the Niners and KC Joyner noted that it had little to do with Alex Smith. Then we got Skins fans saying he's giong to be the next Art Monk and he was better than Owens and he was miserable last year.

I actually thought the Archuleta signing would work, so that's why it's lowest on the list. But, since they gave him the biggest contract in safety history and he wound up starting only 5 games before being trade. Well :lmao:

YAKUZA

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1437625 said:
Hands down...releasing Stephen Davis when he was at the top of his game, and signing Trung Canidate to replace him.

releasing davis wasnt a bad move. replacing him with trung was. davis was due a huge salary when the skins let him go- and it just so happened that carolina got about 1 good year out of him before he broke down. i wasnt sad to see his fumbling (dallas fans should know this) arse leave.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys22;1437645 said:
We could save ourselves a lot of time here by listing all the GOOD moves they have made since Snyder bought the team.

I can only think of 2. Signing Marcus Washington and re-signing Ladell Betts.

There are just too many mistakes to list. It seems they make 7 or 8 every season!!!

hmmm.....are ya sure theres not one other player you can think of that they traded for? a WR from the jets?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo;1437983 said:
releasing davis wasnt a bad move. replacing him with trung was. davis was due a huge salary when the skins let him go- and it just so happened that carolina got about 1 good year out of him before he broke down. i wasnt sad to see his fumbling (dallas fans should know this) arse leave.
How many good years did you get out of Trung?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1437994 said:
How many good years did you get out of Trung?

releasing davis wasnt a bad move. replacing him with trung was.

we agree on trung. but just because trung didnt work out doesnt mean keeping davis would have been a good move, imo. i think the skins let him go at just the right time. we found a nice replacement for him. :)