Your favorite martial art films of all time?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, but Chuck died. But nobody cared back then because he wasn’t yet a Texas Ranger and hadn’t sold a single total gym.
He chose to die, rather than live in defeat. Bruce tried to let him live. Greatest scene in martial arts, IMO.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He chose to die, rather than live in defeat. Bruce tried to let him live. Greatest scene in martial arts, IMO.
It’s been so many years since I’ve seen it (30 years?) I didn’t remember that’s how it played out.

quickccc

Reaction score
It’s been so many years since I’ve seen it (30 years?) I didn’t remember that’s how it played out.

30 years ? really ?
as often as it's been on cable tv, streaming services, etc ?
and that classic Lee-Norris fighting scene can be seen on YouTube as well.

quickccc

Reaction score
I’m not gonna lie. I really liked Steven Segal movies.

Hard To Kill ... “who done it? Whiteboy Hatcher?”

Marked for Death is clearly my favorite Seagal film. the Jamaican drug lords were made spooky and ruthless. the villain element was excellent and idea.
then after that my other Seagal goodie is Under Siege. (Tommie lee jones and Gary Busey were great villains)

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
30 years ? really ?
as often as it's been on cable tv, streaming services, etc ?
and that classic Lee-Norris fighting scene can be seen on YouTube as well.

I'll stop and watch a little of a Bruce Lee film once in awhile if I happen across it, but let's face it, these were not quality films either in the acting or the story line or the cinematography. It's possible I may have watched a snippet of that particular movie at some point over the years, but I don't recall seeing the Chuck Norris scene since I was a much younger man.

quickccc

Reaction score
I’m not gonna lie. I really liked Steven Segal movies.

Hard To Kill ... “who done it? Whiteboy Hatcher?”

i believe that quote was from " Marked for Death " , ...not Hard to Kill.

Another MFD quote: " Who do yoom fear ?... Him ? ... or Me ? "

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
I'll stop and watch a little of a Bruce Lee film once in awhile if I happen across it, but let's face it, these were not quality films either in the acting or the story line or the cinematography. It's possible I may have watched a snippet of that particular movie at some point over the years, but I don't recall seeing the Chuck Norris scene since I was a much younger man.

For it's era and time of the early 70's I've never had any issues with Lee raiding a dojo (fist of fury) ..or fighting at the bosses big house,
.. or at an Rome Italy gladiator area (Lee-Norris) ..or a fancy underworld island as in Enter the Dragon (once considered the best American made martial arts film in it's era)
..or even Lee fighting on each step-level at a tower in Game of Death.

sure the cinematography and plots seems more simple and less imaginative by today's standard and with today's special effects, but for it's time era but yet for what Lee himself brought to the screen film world, there's still no substitute for what he achieved and still without comparisons today, imo.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For it's era and time of the early 70's I've never had any issues with Lee raiding a dojo (fist of fury) ..or fighting at the bosses big house,
.. or at an Rome Italy gladiator area (Lee-Norris) ..or a fancy underworld island as in Enter the Dragon (once considered the best American made martial arts film in it's era)
..or even Lee fighting on each step-level at a tower in Game of Death.

sure the cinematography and plots seems more simple and less imaginative by today's standard and with today's special effects, but for it's time era but yet for what Lee himself brought to the screen film world, there's still no substitute for what he achieved and still without comparisons today, imo.

I don't know, even by standards of the time the films weren't very high quality. As I recall, only one of the films was actually done by an American company. Warner Brothers I think. The rest were lower quality Chinese productions. I think it was just a new genre, and a new kind of action hero, that attracted an audience. Bruce Lee was cool. And they went with the tried and true story of the humble individual standing up against the forces of evil.

Don't get me wrong. I get the attraction, and certainly understood it at the time. But those aren't movies I make a point of watching unless I stumble across them, and even then I'm not likely to commit the time to watch the full length of the movie.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Marked for Death is clearly my favorite Seagal film. the Jamaican drug lords were made spooky and ruthless. the villain element was excellent and idea.
then after that my other Seagal goodie is Under Siege. (Tommie lee jones and Gary Busey were great villains)

I think agree here as 1 and 2.

I just dig his movies... goofy, corny and all. I liked Dark Territory too.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
screen-shot-2015-07-23-at-9-22-30-am.png

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Hey all, i have a deep love for martial arts movies and was wondering when it come to YOUR best/favorite Martial Arts films of All Time- can you name them ..and how would you rank them ?

Here's a look at my very fav martial films in my book)

1 Fist of Legend (jet li)
2 Five Element Ninjas
3 Five Deadly Venoms
4 Warriors Two
5 Kid with the Golden Arm
6 Shaolin vs Lama
7 Bloodsport
8 Way of the Dragon ( bruce lee)
9 Ip Man 3 (guest appearance by mike tyson)
10 Heroes of the East (aka challenge of the ninja)
11 Enter the Dragon (bruce lee)
12 Kill Bill Vol. 1
13 Raid Redemption
14 Legendary Weapons of China (kung **)
15 Master of the Flying Guillotine
16 Fist of the White Lotus
17 Invincible Pole Fighters (aka 8 diagram pole fighters)
18 Raid 2
19 Kiss of the Dragon (jet li)
20 Sword of Destiny (Netflix)
Loved it!
masterguillotine.jpg