Your FIRST Rock Concert...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
RESIN8;2718510 said:
Nicccceee. Love both bands.

My first was in Redondo Beach when I saw Circle Jerks and Black Flag in 84 during a skate session that included Christian Hosoi, Steve Caballero and a young Tony Hawk.

That's unreal. I lived in San Clemente and got hooked on skateboarding and punk rock at an early age. My parents were freaking out when they learned that my favorite band was named "Suicidal Tendencies".

Moving to VA was a bit of a culture shock when I was a teenager. I had to drive to Virginia Beach to find a big skate scene...but living in in NOVA let me get to DC all the time. The punk was very different than West coast stuff, but I loved ti just as much. The 80's and 90's DC and Boston hardcore scenes were crazy. Only thing I've seen close to it since is Gainesville, FL. That scene is amazing.

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
First concert ever was Nirvana at Trees in Deep Ellum in 91' I think ?

First big concert was Ozzy and Alice in Chains at the Starplex in Dallas.
I remember that Lain Staley broke his leg before the concert so they had a big couch for him to sit on and sing.

I've seen Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Ozzy, Danzig, etc... . But the best concert I ever experienced was ...

Fleetwood Mac, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, and Orleans at the Starplex in 95', it was just a cool, mellow, rockin' concert.

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
tomson75;2723343 said:
That's unreal. I lived in San Clemente and got hooked on skateboarding and punk rock at an early age. My parents were freaking out when they learned that my favorite band was named "Suicidal Tendencies".

Moving to VA was a bit of a culture shock when I was a teenager. I had to drive to Virginia Beach to find a big skate scene...but living in in NOVA let me get to DC all the time. The punk was very different than West coast stuff, but I loved ti just as much. The 80's and 90's DC and Boston hardcore scenes were crazy. Only thing I've seen close to it since is Gainesville, FL. That scene is amazing.

All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pespi !

LOL

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
My first concert was Korn and Chevelle in Oklahoma City at the Zoo ampetheatre(sp) pretty awesome if I must say so...Ironically I will be seeing Korn and Slopknot at the same venue nearly 8 years later next month!!!

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
dwdj75;2723443 said:
All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pespi !

LOL

Lmao...I remember listening to that when I was like 8 years old. Those guys still rock. I got to hang out with them after the Warped Tour at RFK in '99. Hung out with Dropkick Murphys too...their bus driver pretended to be in the band and gave it to one of the girls that was with us....funnier than hell when we told her. :D