Your nightmare at 17

cnuball21

Reaction score
Would anyone be upset with this:

1. The Pick: C Cesar Ruiz, Michigan

The Dallas Cowboys' recent reputation has been built around a fantastic offensive front. A few pieces have been replaced, and a couple of weak spots started to show. But the core of the group—left tackle Tyron Smith, center Travis Frederick and right guard Zack Martin—maintained a high standard for an extended period.

However, Frederick retired this offseason.

Dallas re-signed Joe Looney to a one-year, $2.4 million deal, but it can do much better at the position.

Michigan's Cesar Ruiz is one of the best pivot prospects to enter the league in some time. He has the power to move defenders and excels at working in space. Michigan's coaching staff regularly pulled and used the 20-year-old as a lead blocker.

Owner Jerry Jones showed he wasn't afraid to pull the trigger on Frederick sooner than expected in 2013. He should do the same with Ruiz.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ck-draft-tua-tagovailoa-tumbles-out-of-top-10

Terrible. There isn't a 1st round interior OLmen in the draft so why would we reach for one when the team may feel great about McGovern?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Would anyone be upset with this:

1. The Pick: C Cesar Ruiz, Michigan

The Dallas Cowboys' recent reputation has been built around a fantastic offensive front. A few pieces have been replaced, and a couple of weak spots started to show. But the core of the group—left tackle Tyron Smith, center Travis Frederick and right guard Zack Martin—maintained a high standard for an extended period.

However, Frederick retired this offseason.

Dallas re-signed Joe Looney to a one-year, $2.4 million deal, but it can do much better at the position.

Michigan's Cesar Ruiz is one of the best pivot prospects to enter the league in some time. He has the power to move defenders and excels at working in space. Michigan's coaching staff regularly pulled and used the 20-year-old as a lead blocker.

Owner Jerry Jones showed he wasn't afraid to pull the trigger on Frederick sooner than expected in 2013. He should do the same with Ruiz.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ck-draft-tua-tagovailoa-tumbles-out-of-top-10
If Dallas drafted a center with Chaisson and Henderson on the board. Cowboys Zone would blow a fuse.

cowboyec

Reaction score
It's all over his scouting reports. You may be watching the game for pleasure as opposed to watching it for evaluation and assessment.
and yet....here we both are....on a message board....not working for a f/o.
Murray is a helluva play-maker....which we lack on that side of the ball.
you read.
i'll watch.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Terrible. There isn't a 1st round interior OLmen in the draft so why would we reach for one when the team may feel great about McGovern?
So just how do you feel about Frederick about now...a similar situation?

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
yea me also - i think they could wait and pick one like Willie Gay Jr.*, OLB, 6-2 #245 Mississippi State
After the combine, everyone is onto W Gay. Its gonna be hard to know when to pull the trigger. I feel someone will overdraft him well before we might.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chase
Okudah
Simmons
Lamb
Jeudy
Ruggs
Kinlaw
Henderson
Klavon

All gone including top three OTs.

Leaving

Diggs
Fulton
Epeneza
Delpit
Mckinney

If we traded down some I would feel better with those options. If we cannot trade down I think they take Diggs or Fulton and if the above scenario falls that way I am not sure how any of those guys sounds great at the spot but they will have to pick.

I think if Okudah falls some they might try to trade up. I feel the same if Henderson falls some.

Croomraider

Reaction score
17 is not that good of a pick. When we beat the Commanders, knowing the Giants would purposely lose to the Eagles...welp... There went PICK #11!! That would have been a game changer. Therefore, who cares who we get. I sure won't be smashing any TV over a 17th round pick.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Nah but seriously:

Diggs
McKinney
Epenesa
Murray
Fulton

Want no parts in any of these guys. Not in a trade down either unless we can pick up an extra 2nd (we wont)

morasp

Reaction score
My nightmare has already occurred, it isn't a specific player but having to revisit positions like DE and DT that should be covered by recent high draft picks. and Having needs at three critical positions WR, CB, and Edge rusher going into the draft.

Last edited: