Your Paranormal Experiences

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The subject of ghosts came up in a different thread, and @RJ_MacReady suggested starting a ghost story thread. I'd like to expand that to all inexplicable experiences you've had.

I'll start with this:

I'm the youngest of five. The 2 oldest are my sisters, and I have 2 brothers, the one closest to my age being roughly a year and a half older than I am. I have an unusual connection with this brother, in that I can almost always tell when he's in a physical confrontation.

When I was a freshman in high school, I was walking up the stairwell, between bells, and suddenly felt the floor vibrating. (I later realized it was me shaking, and not the floor.) Somehow I had the strong feeling my brother was in trouble, and I ran up the stairs and through the door to see him on his back, with a guy on top of him, punching him. My brother can take care of himself, so I knew he'd turn things around, but what I didn't realize was that the coward he was fighting jumped him as he was taking his jacket off, and his hands were stuck in his sleeves, behind his back.
When he finally got his hands free, a couple of teachers ran over and broke up the fight, and he never got the chance to hit the guy back.......but that's beside the point.

Fast forward to my early twenties, and I was driving to my favorite bar, when I started trembling the way I had that day at school. As I approached the bar I could see a crowd outside, circled around two people, and I knew my brother was one of them. I got out of my car and pushed through the crowd to see a guy swing his motorcycle helmet at my brother, and my brother easily swatting him away, and the guy turned and ran away....right toward me. As he tried to run by me, I reached out my arm, catching him, and said, "Oh no you don't.", and threw him to my brother, who tripped him, and proceeded to beat on him for hitting a girl in the bar........but that again is beside the point.

Fast forward another 5 years or so, as my friend's cousin and I were sitting in a bar, about to go to a party at which my brother and my friend had already gotten to. We're sitting at the bar, when he looks at me and asks, "What's wrong with you?"
"What do mean?", I ask.
"Why are you shaking?"
I hadn't even noticed that I was, but I said, "Usually, when this happens, my brother's in a fight."
He gave me that skeptical look you'd expect, and we continued at our drinks, until my friend came walking through the door and exclaimed, "Your brother just broke some guy's leg!!"

My friend's cousin turned ghost white, and never doubted anything I ever said after that......and that's the point. :laugh:

There have been several other instances of this occurring, but these are the most memorable to me.

What stories you got?

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
here are my 2.

°about 4yrs ago,on my annual pilgrimage to Graceland....Was on my way up the driveway to pay my respects at Elvis' grave....they offer a free walk-up to visit the grave site in the morning before the tours start...on my way up the driveway I pause to take some pics....like Ive done a 1,000x over the last 8yrs.....as Im about to take a pic,behind me I hear a low,male southern voice say "Thank you,man.".......I look behind me and no one was there.I thought for sure someone was walkin behind me but no one was on the drive way but me.
I go up the drive and start chatting with the security guard.I told him what happened....he says....straight faced....Im not surprised...happens all the time and especially last night.He said three times something kept setting off the alarm in the mansion and "NO BODY IS IN THE MANSION THAT LATE".....then tells me the gate Elvis used privately(not the main front gate but a side gate adjacent to the property) kept opening on its own....and that they have to hire alot of new people because "it gets weird at night and the new guys hate it."

°On my last Bigfoot hunt I got a distinct wood knock from across the river.....wayyyy back yonder.
not enuff to prove anything but just enuff to keep me lookin'.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
here are my 2.

°about 4yrs ago,on my annual pilgrimage to Graceland....Was on my way up the driveway to pay my respects at Elvis' grave....they offer a free walk-up to visit the grave site in the morning before the tours start...on my way up the driveway I pause to take some pics....like Ive done a 1,000x over the last 8yrs.....as Im about to take a pic,behind me I hear a low,male southern voice say "Thank you,man.".......I look behind me and no one was there.I thought for sure someone was walkin behind me but no one was on the drive way but me.
I go up the drive and start chatting with the security guard.I told him what happened....he says....straight faced....Im not surprised...happens all the time and especially last night.He said three times something kept setting off the alarm in the mansion and "NO BODY IS IN THE MANSION THAT LATE".....then tells me the gate Elvis used privately(not the main front gate but a side gate adjacent to the property) kept opening on its own....and that they have to hire alot of new people because "it gets weird at night and the new guys hate it."

°On my last Bigfoot hunt I got a distinct wood knock from across the river.....wayyyy back yonder.
not enuff to prove anything but just enuff to keep me lookin'.
"Wood knock"?

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I can honestly say Ive never had a "paranormal" experience, nor do I expect I ever will....superstitions, paranormal activity, deities, bigfoot, lochness sea monsters, fairy tales...all in the same nonsensical boat as far as im concerned.....

cowboyec

Reaction score
RWB...you gotta have a good ghost trucker story.

a weird stretch of road somewhere.....phantom call on CB.....lights in the sky.

you're holdin' out.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
RWB...you gotta have a good ghost trucker story.

a weird stretch of road somewhere.....phantom call on CB.....lights in the sky.

you're holdin' out.
No, nothing like that...but the town I grew up in was featured in the Ten Most Haunted Towns in America, in part because of Clinton Road, a narrow road about ten miles long, with nothing but woods around it.
Mobsters' victims were occasionally found buried in the woods nearby, and strange things were known to happen along that road, the most notable and common report being that of a phantom pickup truck. People would be driving late at night, when suddenly a pair of headlights would appear right behind them, out of nowhere.
I don't remember if they reported that the truck would try to run them off the road, or if it would pass them and disappear as it went by, but there were quite a few sightings.

rynochop

Reaction score
Only weird thing I've had was I lived in a small rental house with my gf a few years ago. It was on a dead end street with only like four other houses. Had only one next door neighbor. Get out of the shower one morning and I hear someone talking in what sounds like the other room, I was the only one home..couldn't make out any words, just a low talking sound, thought my gf had come back and was on the phone. Nope...walked outside and neighbor not there. Actually kinda creeped me out. Happened twice

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Only weird thing I've had was I lived in a small rental house with my gf a few years ago. It was on a dead end street with only like four other houses. Had only one next door neighbor. Get out of the shower one morning and I hear someone talking in what sounds like the other room, I was the only one home..couldn't make out any words, just a low talking sound, thought my gf had come back and was on the phone. Nope...walked outside and neighbor not there. Actually kinda creeped me out. Happened twice
Could it have been the exhaust fan in the bathroom? Mine often sounds like someone talking in the next room, but it's a bit louder than most fans.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've had a few odd things happen to me so far in life but nothing that I can walk away from saying, "wow" on. However, I am not as dismissive as Dallas_Cowboys 50. It's ok to be speculative on things but this universe we are floating around in is a strange, strange place.

I enjoy hearing other people's experiences though!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've had a few odd things happen to me so far in life but nothing that I can walk away from saying, "wow" on. However, I am not as dismissive as Dallas_Cowboys 50. It's ok to be speculative on things but this universe we are floating around in is a strange, strange place.

I enjoy hearing other people's experiences though!
Yep, I ain't sure of anything. I didn't even believe in gremlins until I saw the movie.