Your Paranormal Experiences

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I've had them with evil spirits before,not something you see but feel and expierence. They can be quite tricky trouble makers too I might add,being the little soul sucking sirens they are. They like to play games,and get in your head. In my particular case,they'd get me through vivid dreams,then I'd have a déjà vu moment of that dream later on,(which fully scared the living crap out of me) or inadvertently knowing a particular place or enviroment was of a particular interest,or the right direction to what you're looking for without prior knowledge or of being there,and a lot of things presenting themselves to you. Like knowing which corridor to take in the mausoleum,and where Valentino's plot was at. Images you form in your mind based on description,then it duplicating the image you formed ect. This was while I was studying the history of the Hollywood Film Industry,and I can attest to their being real supernatural spirits,or evil spirits in that town. Once I figured em out though,and was able to recgonize it all,it stopped I imagine it wasn't as fun for them after that.
I actually do have a ghost story from when I lived on Hollywood Blvd! I forgot because it was a trifling thing, but it was about 16 years ago.
I lived two blocks from Mann's Chinese Theater, where the apartments started, just past the church that's now a night club, heading towards Mulholland. Same distance from the Roosevelt Hotel, which is directly across the street from the theater.
Legend has it that the Roosevelt is haunted by Marilyn Monroe and the huge mirror she used to do her makeup with was a catalyst and it's on the second floor, in the hallway. I guess as an attraction.
My girlfriend at the time was practically a Monroe lookalike and obsessed with her and, of course, had to go take a picture in front of the mirror.

This was before phones had anything near a decent camera, if they had one at all, so we grabbed a legit camera, put batteries in and waltzed over to the hotel.

There was a red carpet premiere of some movie going on across the street so the after party was getting set up on the ground floor- taping areas off from us to get to, but we found the stairs and the mirror. It was directly in front of a souvenir shop inside.

My girl set up shop, posed just right and I grabbed the camera. Ready... Steady... Camera turns off.
Huh?
Okay, turned it back on... batteries full... she sets up and... camera turns off.
She got upset. I was at a loss. Maybe the batteries were faulty! Well, the souvenir shop was closed, but it's a 3 minute walk back to the apartment. Let's grab new batteries.
We walked back and I was fiddling with the camera. It was taking pictures of everything! Huh...
Okay... we get back, grab new batteries, but at this point I was thinking weird things, but keeping it to myself.
We walk back to the Roosevelt. Get back to the mirror. I took pictures along the way.
She sets up, I'm ready... camera turns off.

We gave up. Not scary, I know, but it was weird.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I actually do have a ghost story from when I lived on Hollywood Blvd! I forgot because it was a trifling thing, but it was about 16 years ago.
I lived two blocks from Mann's Chinese Theater, where the apartments started, just past the church that's now a night club, heading towards Mulholland. Same distance from the Roosevelt Hotel, which is directly across the street from the theater.
Legend has it that the Roosevelt is haunted by Marilyn Monroe and the huge mirror she used to do her makeup with was a catalyst and it's on the second floor, in the hallway. I guess as an attraction.
My girlfriend at the time was practically a Monroe lookalike and obsessed with her and, of course, had to go take a picture in front of the mirror.

This was before phones had anything near a decent camera, if they had one at all, so we grabbed a legit camera, put batteries in and waltzed over to the hotel.

There was a red carpet premiere of some movie going on across the street so the after party was getting set up on the ground floor- taping areas off from us to get to, but we found the stairs and the mirror. It was directly in front of a souvenir shop inside.

My girl set up shop, posed just right and I grabbed the camera. Ready... Steady... Camera turns off.
Huh?
Okay, turned it back on... batteries full... she sets up and... camera turns off.
She got upset. I was at a loss. Maybe the batteries were faulty! Well, the souvenir shop was closed, but it's a 3 minute walk back to the apartment. Let's grab new batteries.
We walked back and I was fiddling with the camera. It was taking pictures of everything! Huh...
Okay... we get back, grab new batteries, but at this point I was thinking weird things, but keeping it to myself.
We walk back to the Roosevelt. Get back to the mirror. I took pictures along the way.
She sets up, I'm ready... camera turns off.

We gave up. Not scary, I know, but it was weird.
Guess Marilyn didn't want to be disturbed.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
No doubt,you must sense that heavy ominous overhang over the LA area being familiar. Which is a good thing...it's only dangerous for those who don't. And yes,that's a popular attraction about The Roosevelt about Monroe. I've never felt that there though,but do sence many other other spirits roaming about. The bar and lounging area downstairs creeped me out. It was like stepping back in time to 1920's Old Hollywood...and I belonged. It's sooooo "Hollywood Tower of Terror". It's bizzare,but the only places I feel at home and welcome in LA,are around the studios and the cemeteries. Like I'm fine in Burbank or Unversial City,but don't feel ok on the other side of Mt Lee,unless it's Paramount and the adjacent cemetery behind the lot. No pun intended...but it's really like my safe places down there. I also see a lot of stuff while the city sleeps,driving around all over by myself with no one around. That's when things are more clearer,but when that déjà vu scenario came about. The secret is....they aren't ghosts at all,but evil spirts who at one time had influence on that person (possession,oppression) and pretend to be present themselves through that. Once you recgonize them,and things become transparent...the illusion,and feeling is over. It's how I roll though,breaking down cities and the scene. Got my technique down pat, It's much more efficent with no traffic,and everything out of my way,and I can build up spots fast. Got all my gas stations,parking spots,garages,car washes,vistas,ect in set up in no time and can avoid a lot of unnecessary frustration when navigating about Good valuable tip places too. Just ate up territory from Malibu to Burbank doing that. I'm hella bold though and crazy enough ...and you honestly have to be to do that. One minute I'm hanging in Bel Air with all the Rolls and women with gigantic dark glasses and tinted windows,and the next rolling on Hollywood and Vine with the brothers and hip hop nation on a Saturday night. It's been a lot of fun though,very much like a grand scavenger hunt game.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Has anybody ever witnessed the Marfa Lights in Texas?

Edit: I have never seen them. Just curious if anybody else has.

Yep. We had a mule deer lease on the same piece of property that shares the Marfa Lights Observation Center for two seasons. I spent a week there each time. The first year it was clear every night we were there and I saw them each night. The second year was more overcast and I only saw them twice during the week. They're definitely trippy and still unexplained. They believe it's some sort of phenomenon with cold and warm layers of air bending light.

They're strange because they float along the desert floor and seem to be changing colors or twinkling like a star then would gradually float way up in the sky only to drop like a rock back to the desert floor. I could see them in multiple spots looking back toward the Chinati Mountains. I saw the same lights camping in the Mariscal Canyon section of Big Bend NP with two friends a couple of years later, and we saw them all night. I asked a park ranger the following day if it was possible to see the Marfa Lights from the park, but he said it wasn't. It leads me to believe it is indeed some sort of atmospheric condition that happens in the high deserts of Texas.

Scary side story. The first year we hunted this place my Father killed a mule deer after a couple days of hunting. It was an evening kill, and after cleaning it and dragging him back to the road it was getting late. It was well after dark before he managed to pick me up on the other side of a 1000 acre property. As I stood waiting on a dirt road for him in the pitch black with the Marfa Light dancing around I heard something running hard up a dry wash I was standing next to. It sounded huge and every hair on my body stood up. I fumbled for my headlamp and just as I got it on I saw this gigantic bird run past me and I shrieked like a little girl. I was too scared to even lift my gun. After checking my pants I realized it was an Emu. It was a big deal in Texas to raise them for a while and I guess this one had escaped and made himself a living in the desert. Anyways a gigantic 6 foot tall bird running at you at night will make you catch your breath.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep. We had a mule deer lease on the same piece of property that shares the Marfa Lights Observation Center for two seasons. I spent a week there each time. The first year it was clear every night we were there and I saw them each night. The second year was more overcast and I only saw them twice during the week. They're definitely trippy and still unexplained. They believe it's some sort of phenomenon with cold and warm layers of air bending light.

They're strange because they float along the desert floor and seem to be changing colors or twinkling like a star then would gradually float way up in the sky only to drop like a rock back to the desert floor. I could see them in multiple spots looking back toward the Chinati Mountains. I saw the same lights camping in the Mariscal Canyon section of Big Bend NP with two friends a couple of years later, and we saw them all night. I asked a park ranger the following day if it was possible to see the Marfa Lights from the park, but he said it wasn't. It leads me to believe it is indeed some sort of atmospheric condition that happens in the high deserts of Texas.

Scary side story. The first year we hunted this place my Father killed a mule deer after a couple days of hunting. It was an evening kill, and after cleaning it and dragging him back to the road it was getting late. It was well after dark before he managed to pick me up on the other side of a 1000 acre property. As I stood waiting on a dirt road for him in the pitch black with the Marfa Light dancing around I heard something running hard up a dry wash I was standing next to. It sounded huge and every hair on my body stood up. I fumbled for my headlamp and just as I got it on I saw this gigantic bird run past me and I shrieked like a little girl. I was too scared to even lift my gun. After checking my pants I realized it was an Emu. It was a big deal in Texas to raise them for a while and I guess this one had escaped and made himself a living in the desert. Anyways a gigantic 6 foot tall bird running at you at night will make you catch your breath.
LMAO! Yeah, I guess seeing an emu run by might get a loud "WHAT THE **** !!!!" out of me!

Corso

Reaction score

Great story. I'm definitely going to hit up Marfa now.
And there a several Emu farms over here, on the outskirts. Doesn't surprise me that there would be some over there, just some miles away.
Still... I would scream too!

cowboyec

Reaction score

gotta be honest......I had a feeling it was gonna be Bigfoot running past you......dang.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
For about 3 years I worked for a “eye bank” to make a long story short I removed corneas from cadavars after the family gave me permission. I worked nights inside morgues and funeral homes by myself on commishion as well. I recall a case I did on a 3 year old that was hit by a car. I was starring at the body bag for what felt like forever and was thinking “I hope this doesn’t **** me up for good” it was like my vision had red smoke and something like placed drops on my vision and it turned to like blue in a moment. When I walked towards the bag it was like someone holding a imaginary coat I was wearing when I first walked in. I have also seen a guy that died 5 or 6 times in one day have the biggest smile on his face when they finally let him go. I was like 22/23 years old at this time.

Last edited:

Corso

Reaction score
For about 3 years I worked for a “eye bank” to make a long story short I removed corneas from cadavars after the family gave me permission. I worked nights inside morgues and funeral homes by myself on commishion as well. I recall a case I did on a 3 year old that was hit by a car. I was starring at the body bag for what felt like forever and was thinking “I hope this doesn’t **** me up for good” it was like my vision had red smoke and something like placed drops on my vision and it turned to like blue in a moment. When I walked towards the bag it was like someone holding a imaginary coat I was wearing when I first walked in. I have also seen a guy that died 5 or 6 times in one day have the biggest smile on his face when they finally let him go. I was like 22/23 years old at this time.
Wow... Damn.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Wow... Damn.
Crazy job for sure. My mind would go into work mode when I would get to a morgue or funeral home. I was there to get done and back to the house so I could go back to sleep. I would get lucky and have some nurses my age watch. They thought I made a lot of money. I would say “I am getting screwed at this job but it I will be the most competitive applicant in Louisiana when applying to dental school because of it”. When Dallas played Greenbay in the playoffs a few years back I remember doing a case and had 8 or so doctors come watch. I looked at everyone in the room and said “Sorry if I seem like I am rushing the Cowboys game is fixing to start and it’s the playoffs” one of the Doctors said he was a Philly fan but good luck lol.

The tissue teams were the doctors and they take everything from a donor. I have seen people gutted flat then PVC pipe ran back in the skin to give the appearance.

Blackrain

Reaction score
My hunting partner passed away 2 yrs ago he was my buddies son and 28 yrs old . We were very close hunted and fished together all the time .

First deer season after his passing I am in my stand at first light and my phone vibrates . I click it on and the stone with his name on it that we put by his stand on the mountain comes full size on my screen with no phone # attached to in and then it was gone . The following day at first light it happens again this time its a picture of him and my dogs that was on the card at his funeral . Again no # with picture .

Called everyone nobody sent these pictures to me . I believe it was just his way of showing me he was still with me on the hunt .

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm not sure this counts, but when I was about 10, I had a vivid dream about my estranged grandfather--who I hadn't seen or heard from in years.
The very next morning, my mom told me that my grandfather had died the night before