Your Paranormal Experiences

cowboyec

Reaction score
No, nothing like that...but the town I grew up in was featured in the Ten Most Haunted Towns in America, in part because of Clinton Road, a narrow road about ten miles long, with nothing but woods around it.
Mobsters' victims were occasionally found buried in the woods nearby, and strange things were known to happen along that road, the most notable and common report being that of a phantom pickup truck. People would be driving late at night, when suddenly a pair of headlights would appear right behind them, out of nowhere.
I don't remember if they reported that the truck would try to run them off the road, or if it would pass them and disappear as it went by, but there were quite a few sightings.
didnt stephen king do a movie about something similar....a black big-rigg would appear and try to run people off the road.
I bet the ghost truck was the inspiration for that story.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
didnt stephen king do a movie about something similar....a black big-rigg would appear and try to run people off the road.
I don't know about that movie, but this was a pickup truck, back in the 70's.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Had something happen to me several times when I was in my early teens, I would be sound asleep only to be awoken by a cold slap right in the face. I would wake up sweating bullets looking around for something/someone only to see nothing. Only happened a couple of times but it would scare the you know what outta me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Had something happen to me several times when I was in my early teens, I would be sound asleep only to be awoken by a cold slap right in the face. I would wake up sweating bullets looking around for something/someone only to see nothing. Only happened a couple of times but it would scare the you know what outta me.
Yeah, I imagine it would! I would've set up a video camera every night!!

kimrose

Reaction score

Duel. It was Steven Spielberg's first movie, in 1971, starring Dennis Weaver. My husband and sons love this movie, but I loathe it. lol. They have to watch it every time they see it is on. Ugghh... It is the perfect combination of dreadful, mundane, and eerie as heck! :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duel. It was Steven Spielberg's first movie, in 1971, starring Dennis Weaver. My husband and sons love this movie, but I loathe it. lol. They have to watch it every time they see it is on. Ugghh... It is the perfect combination of dreadful, mundane, and eerie as heck! :laugh:
They built Joy Ride off that premise and the original one was good, it didn't need sequels.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had the same thing happen but then I realized 'this in only happening when I touch myself inappropriately in my sleep" so I figured out that was my little angel on my shoulder slapping the little devil out of me. (Sigh) a losing battle I'm afraid.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Nothing ghostly, but I have seen what I thought could have been considered UFO's, but I live close to White Sands so who knows...

I do remember about 2 years ago my wife and I were driving from El Paso to Corpus Christi and getting close to the border checkpoint I started seeing what looked like little explosions in the sky (it was a clear night and my wife was driving).
It was crazy! Like little meteors hitting the atmosphere and exploding in little poofs. IT kept happening over and over and I was telling my wife to pull over so she could see, since it was all happening on the south side of the horizon.

She wouldn't pull over, being scared to do so on I-10 and I was getting upset because this was the damnedest thing I had ever seen. Hundreds of tiny explosions in the sky!

We got to the checkpoint and I wanted to ask the officers if they were seeing what I was seeing, but I got shushed and she was most likely right to shush me. No reason to get those guys agitated, or look at me like I'm on something...

She never got to see it. I never saw anything like it again.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I'm sorry

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing ghostly, but I have seen what I thought could have been considered UFO's, but I live close to White Sands so who knows...

I do remember about 2 years ago my wife and I were driving from El Paso to Corpus Christi and getting close to the border checkpoint I started seeing what looked like little explosions in the sky (it was a clear night and my wife was driving).
It was crazy! Like little meteors hitting the atmosphere and exploding in little poofs. IT kept happening over and over and I was telling my wife to pull over so she could see, since it was all happening on the south side of the horizon.

She wouldn't pull over, being scared to do so on I-10 and I was getting upset because this was the damnedest thing I had ever seen. Hundreds of tiny explosions in the sky!

We got to the checkpoint and I wanted to ask the officers if they were seeing what I was seeing, but I got shushed and she was most likely right to shush me. No reason to get those guys agitated, or look at me like I'm on something...

She never got to see it. I never saw anything like it again.
Maybe that's exactly what it was....a little meteor shower. I'm guessing you didn't look into it?

Corso

Reaction score
Maybe that's exactly what it was....a little meteor shower. I'm guessing you didn't look into it?
I did. What got me was there were no trails leading up to the "poofs". Just little, silent explosions in the extremely high atmosphere.
It certainly could have been meteors, or an unexpected shower, but there was no coverage of it and I've seen meteor showers before.
This was so... different. If you were looking up at the sky, it was like a white poofs against a black, clear sky that was about a half-inch in width. From my visual perspective.
And it was one every three, four seconds for over a half hour all over the southern horizon.

Edit: I still throw small shade at my wife for not pulling over. It was incredible.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did. What got me was there were no trails leading up to the "poofs". Just little, silent explosions in the extremely high atmosphere.
It certainly could have been meteors, or an unexpected shower, but there was no coverage of it and I've seen meteor showers before.
This was so... different. If you were looking up at the sky, it was like a white poofs against a black, clear sky that was about a half-inch in width. From my visual perspective.
And it was one every three, four seconds for over a half hour all over the southern horizon.

Edit: I still throw small shade at my wife for not pulling over. It was incredible.
I wish I'd seen that! It sounds pretty awesome!!

Corso

Reaction score
I wish I'd seen that! It sounds pretty awesome!!
It definitely got me to the core and I've always been a cynic.
I still think it most likely was meteors, but that was crazy different. I even looked up the phenomena and got nothing like what I saw.

Maybe a White Sands experiment, but it was over Mexico skies, not ours. Darn! I wish I could show you!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Has anybody ever witnessed the Marfa Lights in Texas?

Edit: I have never seen them. Just curious if anybody else has.

Corso

Reaction score
Has anybody ever witnessed the Marfa Lights in Texas?

Edit: I have never seen them. Just curious if anybody else has.
It's only about an hour and a half from me. I've heard of the lights. Might go check it out. I heard Marfa's like a tiny Austin with artists and quirky types residing there.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I've had them with evil spirits before,not something you see but feel and expierence. They can be quite tricky trouble makers too I might add,being the little soul sucking sirens they are. They like to play games,and get in your head. In my particular case,they'd get me through vivid dreams,then I'd have a déjà vu moment of that dream later on,(which fully scared the living crap out of me) or inadvertently knowing a particular place or enviroment was of a particular interest,or the right direction to what you're looking for without prior knowledge or of being there,and a lot of things presenting themselves to you. Like knowing which corridor to take in the mausoleum,and where Valentino's plot was at. Images you form in your mind based on description,then it duplicating the image you formed ect. This was while I was studying the history of the Hollywood Film Industry,and I can attest to their being real supernatural spirits,or evil spirits in that town. Once I figured em out though,and was able to recgonize it all,it stopped I imagine it wasn't as fun for them after that.