Your reaction if CB AJ Terrell is the pick at 1/17

bodi

Reaction score
I'd be okay with it in the 3rd round.

Projected Round (2020): 1-2.
4/4/20: Jefferson was superb in 2019, recording 111 catches for 1,540 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Jefferson has length to go with some quickness and athleticism. He has a ton of upside with the speed to make plays downfield and mismatch length to make receptions over defensive backs. He was a steady big-play producer for Joe Burrow and LSU in 2019. Jefferson helped himself with a faster than expected 40-yard dash at the combine.

Another bonus for Jefferson is that sources say the LSU staff has raved to teams about him as a kid and worker. They say Jefferson also is a tremendous practice player who loves to compete and makes his teammates better by challenging them on the practice field. Jefferson is on the bubble of the first and second round,

Batman1980

Reaction score
Ah okay, wasn't sure since the scouting report said he struggled to get open outside and don't think a slot WR would be worth a top 3 pick.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Comments....:popcorn:

giphy.gif

D4KY Burgers
@NotToBeTrite

Broaddus is talking about the A.J. Terrell again on Draft 101. "if they can't move, it's going to come down to Terrell and Murray at 17"
Considering both are 2nd round grades, my reaction would be described as “pissed”.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
At 17?

:omg:

That pick would be highly questionable, I have not seen any draft ratings with him that high.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Oh he'll no. In that scenario I would take Mims or if I was gonna reach it would be Terrell Lewis

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

giphy.gif

D4KY Burgers
@NotToBeTrite

Broaddus is talking about the A.J. Terrell again on Draft 101. "if they can't move, it's going to come down to Terrell and Murray at 17"
This is exactly the type of pick I have been warning about in other threads.

Dallas has to do better than this. I would rather trade out and get another #1 for next year and then have 2 #1s next year and make a better decision.

Other teams know what we need and they will up ahead of us to get their players.

We will be sifting thru the leftovers.

Time to get a partner ready to trade back. Does not surprise me.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

D4KY Burgers
@NotToBeTrite

The thing I'm saying on this is even though Broaddus was a scout for the Cowboys, just when did he become part of the Cowboys draft team where he knows as a fact that the only two players the Cowboys will/are considering is these two players. it's foolishness to announce to the world now today what your draft intentions are. That's just helping all the other teams.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Projected Round (2020): 1-2.
4/4/20: Jefferson was superb in 2019, recording 111 catches for 1,540 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Jefferson has length to go with some quickness and athleticism. He has a ton of upside with the speed to make plays downfield and mismatch length to make receptions over defensive backs. He was a steady big-play producer for Joe Burrow and LSU in 2019. Jefferson helped himself with a faster than expected 40-yard dash at the combine.

Another bonus for Jefferson is that sources say the LSU staff has raved to teams about him as a kid and worker. They say Jefferson also is a tremendous practice player who loves to compete and makes his teammates better by challenging them on the practice field. Jefferson is on the bubble of the first and second round,
You have to be careful.

This is the LSU staff promoting their guys. They are going to be highly biased.

Seen his high lights..he looks OK.

But at 17? Not for us. We have WRs.

aria

Reaction score
Isn’t there a Jerry special, like a top 5-10 prospect with injury or character issues that will fall to us or did he use up all that good juju during FA?

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I hope their evaluation is correct.

Obviously it seems like a reach but you need a partner to trade down.
I'll have to reserve judgment. The pundits said FredBeard was a reach in the 1st round. He went to multiple pro bowls anchoring the Great Wall of Dallas. Before he got sick he was on a HOF projectery. Now take a can't miss prospect: Mo Claiborn. He "had the highest predraft grade since Deion" and he never panned out. You just never know how a player will turn out. The draft is a crapshoot.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Leave it to cowboyzone to say a 6'1/4.42 speed corner who played on a championship team that and played since he was a freshman isnt worth a top 20 pick because "experts" say hed be a reach. Nobody thinks for themselves anymore. And its funny because if anybody goes back to the frederick threads I was in there defending that pick too. If you can play you can play. AJ Terrell isnt Taco Charlton.
I'll have to reserve judgment. The pundits said FredBeard was a reach in the 1st round. He went to multiple pro bowls anchoring the Great Wall of Dallas. Before he got sick he was on a HOF projectery. Now take a can't miss prospect: Mo Claiborn. He "had the highest predraft grade since Deion" and he never panned out. You just never know how a player will turn out. The draft is a crapshoot.

starfan1

Reaction score
The player I have no problem with as he would help us but not at 17

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I've been say for years that ALL draft choices are a gamble. The only thing teams can do is hope that whoever they pick isn't as big a gamble than another player that was available.

Rayman70

Reaction score
lavert Hill, the cb from Michigan is better and can be had with a mid to late value pick. a TRUE cover corner.

Gaede

Reaction score
Well, I think we can do better. But what do I know.

Not opposed to guys like Terrell, Fulton, or Diggs in a trade down. I certainly like them more than the second tier of pass rushers.