Your reaction if CB AJ Terrell is the pick at 1/17

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This draft is kind of shaping up for a let down for Cowboys fans imo

Chances are that most of the players we would like will be gone. Good chance that in CB, WR, DE and possibly DL that we would really want at 17 will be gone.

We could see the following gone

Young
Okudah
D.Brown
CJ Henderson
Kinlaw
Jeudy
Lamb
Ruggs

And I will add Chaisson as he seems to be picking up steam in mocks now.

It is a good chance we are looking at that scenario where all of those players are gone. IF we get lucky and a QB is there that another team likes, it could help get us a trade down. The other possibility for a trade down is if one of the top OTs fall to us and someone like Miami might want to trade up to get one. I think beyond OT or QB we do not have much of a chance for a team to give us a decent option to trade down.

If one of those players don't fall and if we can't get a trade back....that means there is a very good chance for us to take a player that is not really rated for the spot and will be a thing that we are not happy with. We do need to prepare mentally for that.

One other scenario. We could see a situation where they fall in love with a player they are pretty sure will fall to them because we rate them higher than others. The LVE and Hill scenario where they fell in love with the players and figured that others will not rate them as high.

Carson

Reaction score

Chances are that most of the players we would like will be gone. Good chance that in CB, WR, DE and possibly DL that we would really want at 17

My take as well. Feel we are all going to be disappointed come Thursday

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brugler and Diggs

Could be the guy they fall in love with and think they have the best chance to get....just saying...

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Comments....:popcorn:

giphy.gif

Stings the nostrils...in a good way.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Omg there will be a lot of players better at 17 than those 2. The mindset should be if we trade back those are the guys we should be looking at. We need to hit a grand slam in this draft the first round pick can not be a huge reach

Carson

Reaction score
Omg there will be a lot of players better at 17 than those 2. The mindset should be if we trade back those are the guys we should be looking at. We need to hit a grand slam in this draft the first round pick can not be a huge reach

The whole mindset of who we seem after are looking like rescues.

Diggs, Baun, Ruiz, Murray

Chaisson can be debated. Some guys like Brandt don’t have him rated too high. I could be very wrong on that though

dwreck27

Reaction score
I’m assuming it’s a situation where the board is wiped...

Zero trade down options that make any sense

I’ll accept it at that point and HOPE he turns into a solid corner that I think he can be... will he be a super star shut down corner... probably not but getting a 5-10 year starter at 17 is always a great pick

garyv

Reaction score

Chances are that most of the players we would like will be gone. Good chance that in CB, WR, DE and possibly DL that we would really want at 17 will be gone.

We could see the following gone

Young
Okudah
D.Brown
CJ Henderson
Kinlaw
Jeudy
Lamb
Ruggs

And I will add Chaisson as he seems to be picking up steam in mocks now.

It is a good chance we are looking at that scenario where all of those players are gone. IF we get lucky and a QB is there that another team likes, it could help get us a trade down. The other possibility for a trade down is if one of the top OTs fall to us and someone like Miami might want to trade up to get one. I think beyond OT or QB we do not have much of a chance for a team to give us a decent option to trade down.

If one of those players don't fall and if we can't get a trade back....that means there is a very good chance for us to take a player that is not really rated for the spot and will be a thing that we are not happy with. We do need to prepare mentally for that.

One other scenario. We could see a situation where they fall in love with a player they are pretty sure will fall to them because we rate them higher than others. The LVE and Hill scenario where they fell in love with the players and figured that others will not rate them as high.

OK than who is left :)

garyv

Reaction score
Will you be happy if we take Fulton CB how does that make you feel.....SEXY ?

EJK24

Reaction score
I think we just have to have realistic expectations in mind. Not saying we should draft Terrell because I dont know nearly enough to say who is worth the 17th pick. There is so many people trying to determine values of where players should or shouldn't be but when we are on the clock at 17 we shouldnt just assume ok we need to trade because player a, b, or c who "experts" said he would be great isnt here. It takes a willing trade partner and there is no guarantee that anyone is going to want our 17th pick. I hope for a great player to land in our lap that is rated much higher and just dropped far enough for us to grab them but theres a possibility, a really good one at that, that the players we think are worthy of the 17th pick arent players Dallas is even considering. They may have someone like Terrell rated way higher then some of us or they may not like him at all 17 but cant find a trade partner and he is the best choice on the board for them.

Obviously anything can happen on draft day, let's just hope for the best and be open minded along the way.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Nice face! Lindy’s has him as the 4th best CB, so yeah, I think he’s a reach st 17!
My reaction would be “why did we take a player at 17 that could be had 30 picks later?”