Your reaction if CB AJ Terrell is the pick at 1/17

Cowboyny

Reaction score
i havent seen him (AJ Terrell ) rated that high such as worthy of 17th pick overall ... but the Cowboys surprised me (and a ton of others) with the Leighton Vander Esch pick in the first round.

i would think it'd be a collection of choices such as Kinlaw, Henderson, Chassion, before Terrell. and i definitely would like Terrell over Bama's Trevon Diggs who i think may eventually be moved to safety because of his questionable long and recovery speed.o_O

Let's remember we go by the media scouts, not the actual scouts throughout the process. The team scouts sometimes have vastly differences in opinions in the draft slotting. Lve is a great example, we saw 3rd rd projections, but multiple teams assigned him 1st rd grades.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’d prefer him in a trade down but depends on the board.

I think you all will be surprised how early he goes. I’d be surprised if he isn’t picked in the 1st.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t hate the pick at all. Chris Simms has him ranked higher then Okudah.

Gives a nice breakdown of him starting at 24:17

FYI his top 3 CBs in order:

Henderson
Terrell
Okudah

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t hate the pick at all. Chris Simms has him ranked higher then Okudah.

Henderson
Terrell
Okudah

Like Simms said. All the negativity revolves around the LSU game. I didnt know one gane meant so much to people during evaluation lol

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Like Simms said. All the negativity revolves around the LSU game. I didnt know one gane meant so much to people during evaluation lol

Agreed, and I like his defense of why that criticism is way too harsh. Said he actually had good coverage on the plays he was beat on!

Again, I’d have no problem if he’s our pick!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Comments....:popcorn:

giphy.gif

D4KY Burgers
@NotToBeTrite

Broaddus is talking about the A.J. Terrell again on Draft 101. "if they can't move, it's going to come down to Terrell and Murray at 17"

:confused::mad::facepalm::huh::omg::thumbdown::banghead::eek:

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
What Dyami Brown did to him soured me on him a little too. The disrespect pre-snap

I think Simms makes valid points about the LSU game that it's Joe Burrow and Ja'Maar Chase. They did that to everyone. But I disagree with him about the TD's he gave up being "positives." First TD he was burnt. Chase gave a little push, but that type of hand fighting is typical. 2nd TD he was right there in coverage, but completely whiffs after the catch. 3rd TD was just a dime by Burrow.

Aside from those plays, he also doesn't get his head around much, and I'm tired of seeing that from CB's here. Just think #17 is too rich for him. A trade down I can live with.

ESisback

Reaction score
My reaction would be “why did we take a player at 17 that could be had 30 picks later?”

Maybe they’re paranoid about rivals that are obsessed with us (Philly, NY, Was., Atl., etc.)!

Verdammung

Reaction score
Every day we get closer to the draft we travel further from the light...

At this rate, we're going to draft Jaylon Johnson at 17, just to take me to the depths of my despair.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What Dyami Brown did to him soured me on him a little too. The disrespect pre-snap

I think Simms makes valid points about the LSU game that it's Joe Burrow and Ja'Maar Chase. They did that to everyone. But I disagree with him about the TD's he gave up being "positives." First TD he was burnt. Chase gave a little push, but that type of hand fighting is typical. 2nd TD he was right there in coverage, but completely whiffs after the catch. 3rd TD was just a dime by Burrow.

Aside from those plays, he also doesn't get his head around much, and I'm tired of seeing that from CB's here. Just think #17 is too rich for him. A trade down I can live with.

The fact that the DC had the confidence to run that coverage with zero safety help is enough to make me want Terrell. LIke Simms said, they treated him like he was Jalen Ramsey and the results was first team ACC. I think that is worth 17 in addition to the measurables. What I'm interested in is how Terrell played the rest of the game. I didnt see the game but hes a dog so I'm pretty confident he didnt back off of that UNC wr like a scared wimp. Thats a corner I want.

Gaede

Reaction score
I don't see it with Terrell. Not at 17. I'm trying to agree with Simms, but I just can't. A lot of those arguments are not strong enough--he's put on an island, coaches love him, looks the part--and could apply to many lower rated CBs

That said, I think this team is definitely going to end up taking him or Diggs in the first round.

Kwyn

Reaction score
obviously he wouldnt be there 30 picks later :facepalm:
Brugler (the man!) - CB6 - 48th overall
SI - CB 6 - 38th overall
Athlon - CB 7 - 45th overall
Matt Miller - AB 5 - 35th overall

There are definitely some that have him as a late first, early second but no one, on the ten draft board thst I follow, and another five I went and looked at just for you :). Have him higher than 25.

those who have him as a first rounder are banking on a CB run where teams aren’t taking BPA but just scrambling to get whateve CB they can get.

mid much rather trade down into the 30’s or wait until 51

you would have to be wanting to make babies with Terrell to take him at 17

He would be a massive reach at 17.

I just think I’m closer to the mark on this one

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Brugler (the man!) - CB6 - 48th overall
SI - CB 6 - 38th overall
Athlon - CB 7 - 45th overall
Matt Miller - AB 5 - 35th overall

There are definitely some that have him as a late first, early second but no one, on the ten draft board thst I follow, and another five I went and looked at just for you :). Have him higher than 25.

those who have him as a first rounder are banking on a CB run where teams aren’t taking BPA but just scrambling to get whateve CB they can get.

mid much rather trade down into the 30’s or wait until 51

you would have to be wanting to make babies with Terrell to take him at 17

He would be a massive reach at 17.

I just think I’m closer to the mark on this one
Brugler had jonatham abrams as a second rounder. The man. He also just said teams like terrell alot more than fans. So no youre not really close

Kwyn

Reaction score
Brugler had jonatham abrams as a second rounder. The man. He also just said teams like terrell alot more than fans. So no youre not really close
Is he dating your sister or something? You seem to be awfully invested in an argument that isn’t supported by any mock drafts ... anywhere

Show us a single credible mock that has Terrell in the top 20

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Is he dating your sister or something? You seem to be awfully invested in an argument that isn’t supported by any mock drafts ... anywhere

Show us a single credible mock that has Terrell in the top 20
I just know a good corner when i see one. Theres literally no chance he goes in round 2 whether we draft him or not. We can make a bet since you trust those clueless experts so much. :popcorn:

Kwyn

Reaction score
I just know a good corner when i see one. Theres literally no chance he goes in round 2 whether we draft him or not. We can make a bet since you trust those clueless experts so much. :popcorn:
Awesome. I’ll see you back here Thursday and I’ll be prepared to eat crow if he’s taken top 20. I see you are off of #17 now and down all the way to 32 now, but that’s ok. Imma let you make it

quickccc

Reaction score

Henderson
Terrell
Okudah

i saw that on Chris Simms' ProFootball Talk show and he based it purely off 40 time.
Which should question Simms' NFL knack in you cant dictate a player's abilities on the field off 40 time.