CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fan so far
It’s harder to navigate inside the threads on the mobile version
But I may get used to it so I don’t want to overreact

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For all of the people asking about page number navigation on mobile devices, I have it set to the best that is possible now.

If you are in a thread with dozens of pages, there is not much you can do to improve it on a mobile device.

You can turn your phone sideways or consider using a larger device if the page numbers are a huge issue for you.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Any chance the news zone returns? I’m just seeing reposts of member threads there.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Now that the move to new software and new servers has been completed and I have designed the still-work-in-progress Light theme for the site, what are your thoughts on it so far?

Common Questions

*** NOTE: I will continue to add questions and answers here as they get asked multiple times.

Why did you upgrade now?
We were having issues with a couple of things and the older software and servers were limiting our ability to add new features that we have planned.

Are you done with the new site design?
No, not even close. I keep finding things that need to be updated or improved.

Will there be a dark theme?
Yes, once everything else gets settled, I will work on creating a dark theme for the site.

Will there be a chatroom like the old site had?
Yes, we will be adding a new chatroom system, but it will be a few days before we work on that.

Will member stats be added back below the avatar/username/title area of thread posts?
Yes, hopefully. It will have to be manually implemented so it will depend on what is available and possible.
It will take getting used to. Sort of like driving on the right side instead of the left.
I am sure we will come to love it.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
There are some positive things. It's a bit faster but navigation is muddy a bit especially moving to the end of the thread easily to see the latest posts. On mobile its fluid and the notifications are better for likes and quotes. The replies are really good, can't tell you how many times I've erased the quotes comment and screwed up my comment. Just a few fixes and it's good.

CWR

Reaction score
Having a lot of issues with replying and the screen jumping.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Everything looks great. I think we lost the page count tally on the forum view? I see replies but not page count.

Anyways thank you for all of the hard work so far.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Having a lot of issues with replying and the screen jumping.
Sounds like the well-known android issue with Rich Text editors.

Click on the .. [ ] .. icon in the editor menu bar to switch to "BB Code" mode.

Reactions: CWR

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything looks great. I think we lost the page count tally on the forum view? I see replies but not page count.

Anyways thank you for all of the hard work so far.
Can you explain this a little more? Are you talking about page numbers? They should be showing on desktop and mobile (less of them due to space) above and below the main areas of the page.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Looks good - a couple of tiny things -

There in no line between where you pick font size, text color ect and where you reply.

Second - I liked how when you went to alerts - you just put the curser over it and it had a drop down menu on the alerts that you didn't address - now you have to click it.

Again no biggie, just like the old way better.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Can you explain this a little more? Are you talking about page numbers? They should be showing on desktop and mobile (less of them due to space) above and below the main areas of the page.

Oh on mobile they’re there when my phone is sideways. I guess vertically it’s goes away. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.