Your Top 5, Toughest Cowboy Player of All Time?

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
i was having one of those discussions in the Garage with a few neighbors, and of course we had our differences, generally due to Generational differences, and time.

So who are your Top 5 Toughest Cowboys of all time?

Mine:

1. Bob Lilly
2. Walt Garrison
3. Daryl Johnston
4. Ed "Too Tall" Jones
5. Randy White

discuss.....

:bow:

ndanger

Reaction score
Walt Garrison played with a broken leg, a broken leg, his leg.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Witten belongs there....played with a broken jaw as a rookie....ran down the field without his helmet...is playing with broken ribs and a jacked up shoulder.

Yep, Witten is definitely a throwback.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ndanger;2419328 said:
Walt Garrison played with a broken leg, a broken leg, his leg.

so what you are saying is that he broke his leg and still played?

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
HighTechDave;2419321 said:
i was having one of those discussions in the Garage with a few neighbors, and of course we had our differences, generally due to Generational differences, and time.

So who are your Top 5 Toughest Cowboys of all time?

Mine:

1. Bob Lilly
2. Walt Garrison
3. Daryl Johnston
4. Ed "Too Tall" Jones
5. Randy White

discuss.....

:bow:

That is a good list but I would drop off Too Tall and add either Cliff Harris, Bill Bates, or Emmitt Smith. When Ed went off to try professional Boxing I kind of soured on him a little.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
goliadmike;2419347 said:
That is a good list but I would drop off Too Tall and add either Cliff Harris, Bill Bates, or Emmitt Smith. When Ed went off to try professional Boxing I kind of soured on him a little.

good point, but he was a badass.

Add another thought to this: "so i go into a bar, and had to have 5 Cowboy greats in their Prime backing me up, while I'm talking trash to a ****** at the Ghost Bar..."

never mind, bad example. i'd take care of the Douchebag myself....

:laugh2:

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
HighTechDave;2419351 said:
good point, but he was a badass.

Add another thought to this: "so i go into a bar, and had to have 5 Cowboy greats in their Prime backing me up, while I'm talking trash to a ****** at the Ghost Bar..."

never mind, bad example. i'd take care of the Douchebag myself....

:laugh2:

Okay, I see where you're going with this. Say we walk into a bar with a room full of disgusting, low-down, dirty, stinking, trash-talking, beer belching Commander fans and their men and they had the nerve to try and start trouble who would you want with you? And it's just you, me and five old cowboys?

Well then I would like to have
1. Erik Williams
2. Randy White
3. Leon Lett
4. Bob Lilly
5. Harvey Martin

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It depends on how you define tough.

Ability to play through pain.

1. Walt Garrison
2. Emmitt Smith
3. Jason Witten

Hardest hitters

1. Cliff Harris
2. Randy White
3. Bob Lilly

Guy you would least like to fight.

1. Randy White
2. Larry Allen
3. Erik Williams

MONT17

Reaction score
I guess this is a better topic than will the Cowboys go 6-1 or make the playoffs!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile;2419385 said:
It depends on how you define tough.

Ability to play through pain.

1. Walt Garrison
2. Emmitt Smith
3. Jason Witten

Hardest hitters

1. Cliff Harris
2. Randy White
3. Bob Lilly

Guy you would least like to fight.

1. Randy White
2. Larry Allen
3. Erik Williams

Talking about Erik Williams, boy watching that replay of 95 NFC championship against Packers, you could clearly see, Packers were the more talented team. But man, were Cowboys the meaner bunch.

Eventhough they were at their tail end, and Erik was shell of his self, man was he mean SOB in that game.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2419392 said:
Talking about Erik Williams, boy watching that replay of 95 NFC championship against Packers, you could clearly see, Packers were the more talented team. But man, were Cowboys the meaner bunch.

Eventhough they were at their tail end, and Erik was shell of his self, man was he mean SOB in that game.
i wish someone could have that game on file, would be great to watch again.

2much2soon

Reaction score
He isn't often thought of as a "tough" guy but his teammates said Staubach would practically fight anyone to near death to keep from losing, at anything.
Plus he played with a lot of pain and injuries.
Nate Newton and Tuinei were both a couple of bad dudes.
Randy White is, and should be, on everyone's list. Maybe the toughest, scariest man to ever strap it on for Dallas with Bob Lilly coming in a close second.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
2much2soon;2419415 said:
He isn't often thought of as a "tough" guy but his teammates said Staubach would practically fight anyone to near death to keep from losing, at anything.
Plus he played with a lot of pain and injuries.
Nate Newton and Tuinei were both a couple of bad dudes.
Randy White is, and should be, on everyone's list. Maybe the toughest, scariest man to ever strap it on for Dallas with Bob Lilly coming in a close second.
Bob Lilly said no one on the team could lick Roger in a fight.

ndanger

Reaction score
Biggems;2419345 said:
so what you are saying is that he broke his leg and still played?

H e played with a broken leg, he broke his leg while playing, and continued to play with a broken leg, a leg. His leg was broken. He took hand offs and ran towards very large strong men with a broken leg, it was a leg he used to run with to gain yards. He played against large men who made diving tackles at his legs, one was broken. There were 43 perfectly good legs flying around his one leg that was broken. He RAN with a broken leg that had to keep pace with a good leg. I've had a broken wrist, 3 broken fingers, a broken toe, a broken nose, a broken tibia, a broken patella, five metatarsals, a fractured ulna, a broken heart, 2pair designer glasses and at no time during any of these occurrences did I make an attempt to run into 11 really big, really strong, really mean men. Well there was that one night at the Do Drop In, but all those legs were drunk, and if my memory serves right, there were not as many as I had first imagined. Being all, knee walking, bowl legged, 10 foot tall and bullet proof, selling Buicks drunk, with double vision. Any way there was no appearance of toughness during said occasion and the only injury sustained was a headache, which had no bearing on my abilities to function as I wasn't using it much any way. Kinda like here, with all that grammar stuff.