You're on the Clock for the 2011 Draft. Who do you Pick?

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
And the Dallas Cowboys select.....

Any player you want. Who would be the best next Dallas Cowboy? Why?

Let's have us a Cowboys' draft discussion.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
1 CB Brandon Harris Maimi 5-11 #195 – or CB Ras-I Dowling, Virginia – both should be picked in the twentys

trade down get a extra 3rd or 4 rder that pick should be one of these guys

OG Steve Schilling Mich 6-5 #297
C/G John Moffitt Wis 6-3 #320
C Kristofer O'Dowd USC 6-4 #300
NT Phil Taylor Bay 6-4 #350
DT Drake Nevis LSU 6-1 #290
DT Cedric Thornton, junior, 6-5, 265

2 ISLB Quan Sturdivant ILB, North Carolina – 6-2 #235

batman36

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson, corner, LSU. Makes an immediate impact in the kicking game (kick returner, or punt returner should the Cowboys choose not to use Dez there because of his starting role. And at worst, he's the number three corner until he's ready to start.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
patrick-peterson-is.jpg

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
If we go CB, I try to snatch Curtis Brown in the 2nd. He's got 4.4 speed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3705227 said:
If we go CB, I try to snatch Curtis Brown in the 2nd. He's got 4.4 speed.

Dude, Peterson is going to be a freaking stud in the NFL. He is considered one of the best corners to come out in years, think Revis for comparison!!!

I rank him as the 2nd best player in the entire draft behind Luck.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3705230 said:
Dude, Peterson is going to be a freaking stud in the NFL. He is considered one of the best corners to come out in years, think Revis for comparison!!!

I rank him as the 2nd best player in the entire draft behind Luck.

With our o-line problems, I can't see us doing it. But if we go BPA, he may still be there. I'm thinking CB in the 2nd. There are a lot of corners this year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3705232 said:
With our o-line problems, I can't see us doing it. But if we go BPA, he may still be there. I'm thinking CB in the 2nd. There are a lot of corners this year.

Our o-line does need fixing, it is crap right now. I know it may be tempting to trade down out of the top 5 and stock pile multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and draft linemen, but dam that is going to suck if we pass on Peterson if he is available while we are on the clock.

Thats like passing on Moss back in the day to select Ellis. He turned out to be a good player, but he was never a difference maker like Moss was. Same thing here, I would hate to pass over Peterson (who will probably be the next Revis) for a couple of linemen that are just good, but nothing special.

It going to be fun picking this high (hopefully the last time for a long time).;)

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3705232 said:

so what pick are you taking these O line at ?

Round 1: DeMarcus Love
Round 2: Mike Pouncey

Love will be lucky to make the first round

Demarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 4.96.
Projected Round (2011): 3-4.
10/2/10: Love is a developmental tackle at the next level. He has the physical tools, but he gets out of control and has no balance. He doesn't know how to use his hands, has bad instincts and has poor footwork.

you want first rd LT go

Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2011): top ten
10/2/10: Sherrod has been impressive this season with his strength, footwork, and hand extension. He is technically sound, moves well laterally, and has good range. He has more upside than Castonzo and could very well pass him before the year is up.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3705239 said:
Our o-line does need fixing, it is crap right now. I know it may be tempting to trade down out of the top 5 and stock pile multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and draft linemen, but dam that is going to suck if we pass on Peterson if he is available while we are on the clock.

Thats like passing on Moss back in the day to select Ellis. He turned out to be a good player, but he was never a difference maker like Moss was. Same thing here, I would hate to pass over Peterson (who will probably be the next Revis) for a couple of linemen that are just good, but nothing special.

It going to be fun picking this high (hopefully the last time for a long time).;)

I wouldn't be opposed to taking Peterson. But then I'd have to go FA to get a LT, so I could put Free back on the right side. I'm also looking for a guard who can play center or vice versa. That's why I like Mike Pouncey in the 2nd.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3705240 said:
so what pick are you taking these O line at ?

Round 1: DeMarcus Love
Round 2: Mike Pouncey

Love will be lucky to make the first round

Demarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 4.96.
10/2/10: Love is a developmental tackle at the next level. He has the physical tools, but he gets out of control and has no balance. He doesn't know how to use his hands, has bad instincts and has poor footwork.

you want first rd LT go

Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2011): top ten
10/2/10: Sherrod has been impressive this season with his strength, footwork, and hand extension. He is technically sound, moves well laterally, and has good range. He has more upside than Castonzo and could very well pass him before the year is up.

I'm not certain which round. But I like Love based on what I've read. I'm open for being sold on other guys, which is why I started the thread.

I can see us going after either CB or OL in the first, but I can't see us drafting any other position.

Correct me if you think I'm wrong.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I hope Pouncy never has to play center

hes piss poor at it

heres your guy John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.13.

I guess you never watch Big Ten football

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3705242 said:
I wouldn't be opposed to taking Peterson. But then I'd have to go FA to get a LT, so I could put Free back on the right side. I'm also looking for a guard who can play center or vice versa. That's why I like Mike Pouncey in the 2nd.

You looking for a guard? Problem solved:

Matt-Light_IA.jpg