You're on the Clock for the 2011 Draft. Who do you Pick?

Christiann

Reaction score
garyv;3714076 said:
1st Round, Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
2nd Round, Gabe Camiri, OT, Wisconsin

http://img39.*************/img39/8285/sonsm.jpg

Unless were unloading two of our backs for help somewhere else, that'd be a luxury we just don't need.

If we can't get to Peterson which its looking like were not, we'd be hoping for that kid from Nebraska to drop to us I would think. If he's not there I'd say Robert Quinn or Dareus. Or just trade down to get an extra pick and pick up Harris from Miami. In the 2nd I'd like to see Camiri or a FS like Deunta Williams or Rahim Moore if we traded up :D

burmafrd

Reaction score
This BPA BS is getting old. Its as dumb as just drafting for need.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chris in Arizona;3714351 said:
and next year we'll throw the new 4 RB offense at teams. They'll never know what hit em.

Drafting Ingram is a luxury pick we can't afford. Unless we trade Felix and Choice for OL and secondary help. Then, I'm with you.

I'm pretty sure Barber wont be here next yr regardless of who the new coach is, and if Garrett and Peete are still here I think its fairly obvious they dont like Choice. So its possible two of the three RB's could be gone.

I love Jones, but have to admit Ingram is very intriguing and the two would form one of the best duo's in the league immediately.

Your right he isnt a "need" pick, but the kid is a great RB and a winner. If he were the best player available when we were on the clock, and both Barber and Choice are outta here, picking Ingram wouldnt be a bad idea.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dbair1967;3716186 said:
I'm pretty sure Barber wont be here next yr regardless of who the new coach is, and if Garrett and Peete are still here I think its fairly obvious they dont like Choice. So its possible two of the three RB's could be gone.

I love Jones, but have to admit Ingram is very intriguing and the two would form one of the best duo's in the league immediately.

Your right he isnt a "need" pick, but the kid is a great RB and a winner. If he were the best player available when we were on the clock, and both Barber and Choice are outta here, picking Ingram wouldnt be a bad idea.

I'd like to give the Felix/Choice combo a go before spending another first rounder on a RB. I don't think Ingram is so unique a talent he's a must have, he's certainly not as unique a RB as Dez is a WR.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;3716544 said:
I'd like to give the Felix/Choice combo a go before spending another first rounder on a RB. I don't think Ingram is so unique a talent he's a must have, he's certainly not as unique a RB as Dez is a WR.

Bingo.

And if there is one position I might risk passing on a prospect to address in a later round, it's running back by far.

If there has ever been a position where you can routinely find late round and even UDRFA talent, it's RB.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
dbair1967;3716186 said:

I actually like Ingram a lot ( I like Trent Richardson in 2012 even more) but with the glaring holes we have at safety and a huge need for improved OL there is no way we can take a RB in the 1st. No way.