You're on the Clock for the 2011 Draft. Who do you Pick?

Ren

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;3705239 said:
Our o-line does need fixing, it is crap right now. I know it may be tempting to trade down out of the top 5 and stock pile multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and draft linemen, but dam that is going to suck if we pass on Peterson if he is available while we are on the clock.

Thats like passing on Moss back in the day to select Ellis. He turned out to be a good player, but he was never a difference maker like Moss was. Same thing here, I would hate to pass over Peterson (who will probably be the next Revis) for a couple of linemen that are just good, but nothing special.

It going to be fun picking this high (hopefully the last time for a long time).;)

If you look at our recent draft history when trading down for more picks i don't see how that could be even remotely tempting at this point, we've been awful drafting around rounds 2 and 3

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
Marcell Dareus would be a stud no matter what defense Dallas runs next year. Peterson would be great to have but if we're picking outside top 3, I don't think we'll get him. Don't re-sign Spears! What do y'all think about moving Ware to a DE? Draft or sign a FA ,a big body hole plugger. OL needs repair and depth added. But CBs are thin too. Not Pouncey! He couldn't hike the ball to the Florida QB in shotgun!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3705232 said:
With our o-line problems, I can't see us doing it. But if we go BPA, he may still be there. I'm thinking CB in the 2nd. There are a lot of corners this year.

When you pick as high as we'll be picking, you take a player worthy of the spot, not just a player that fits your biggest need.

If we took a non-franchise type OL with a top 5 pick, I'd be pissed.

My votes are in my sig:

1. Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama
2. Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida
3. Robert Sands, FS, West Virginia

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
TheCount;3705558 said:
When you pick as high as we'll be picking, you take a player worthy of the spot, not just a player that fits your biggest need.

If we took a non-franchise type OL with a top 5 pick, I'd be pissed.

My votes are in my sig:

1. Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama
2. Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida
3. Robert Sands, FS, West Virginia

Yeah, I really like Pouncey in the 2nd too. His brother is a bad man, single handedly beat us in the Championship game.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3706037 said:
Yeah, I really like Pouncey in the 2nd too. His brother is a bad man, single handedly beat us in the Championship game.

who is they the Cowboys - lol

if there one team I hate more than UT its Florida

http://i27.***BLOCKED***/albums/c183/bananabrie/Razorback%20Atheletcs/ARVSTX.jpg

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
anyone? I go
1st Patrick Peterson CB LSU
2nd Stefen Wisniewski C/G Penn State
3rd Stanley Havili FB USC

Realistically, I think we will be drafting closer to 10th so I'll say
Tyron Smith T USC

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Chris in Arizona;3706098 said:
anyone? I go

Tyron Smith T USC

FB in the 3rd huh? The only thing worst than a FB in the third would be another TE in the 2nd.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Peterson, Peterson, Peterson............

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
I don't get the love for Marcel Dareus.

I'm convinced some fans just go to there favorite draft website and see his name towards the top and say "hey, he must be good and we need DL help!"

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
realtick;3706425 said:

I'm convinced some fans just go to there favorite draft website and see his name towards the top and say "hey, he must be good and we need DL help!"

A lot of Boys fans are also Longhorn fans so they saw Dareus break their golden boy McCoy, so they think he must be awesome.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in Arizona;3706430 said:
A lot of Boys fans are also Longhorn fans so they saw Dareus break their golden boy McCoy, so they think he must be awesome.

Ah, you're right, lol, I forgot about that. Makes a lot of more sense now.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
realtick;3706425 said:

me either

I know hes a presence on the D line

just not mine

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3705244 said:
I hope Pouncy never has to play center

hes piss poor at it

heres your guy John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.13.
Projected Round (2011): 3-4.

I guess you never watch Big Ten football

My friend nearly got his *** kicked by Moffitt for talking **** about Tolzien. Funny Story.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
realtick;3706425 said:

lol, because outside of the people that like Dareus, everyone around here is a real draft pro.

People pick players they like, especially in November, not that hard to understand.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't know who, at what position yet, but I know we need to come out of the draft with at least 1 of each of the follow:

OL
DL
CB
S

I do really love the CB from LSU, Peterson. The kid just looks like he could be a real star at the NFL level. I'd LOVE to have him out there as the #3 until he's ready to take over one of the top 2 spots.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I want Patrick Peterson so bad it's not even funny. You give him even decent safety help on his side of the field and he will erase one side of the field. Everything about him is near perfect - backpedal, break out of pedal, tracking the ball, tackling, body control, awareness. He is NEVER flat-footed as a habit, something that guys like Mike Jenkins still need to be coached out of.

Patrick Peterson is going to be like a seasoned Charles Woodson, Nnamdi Asomugha, Terence Newman, or Darrelle Revis from day 1. Top tier CB who can play the ball and is physical, and is a coach's dream.

Not only that, he'll immediately push Jenkins to work harder because his job will be threatened, and we'll be insured against Newman as he continues to get older...though until he actually shows some sign of deterioration (ANY sign - just not there yet), I'm not worried about him.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Chris in Arizona;3706098 said:
anyone? I go

Tyron Smith T USC

I don't want anything out of Penn State.