Zach Martin vs Larry Allen, who you got!

Tussinman

Reaction score
See post #58. He hasn't deserved those.
Not deserving only really works if that particular accolade was an outlier. Like a few years back when Cole Beasley made AP 2nd team all pro all because a single voter voted by the wrong metric.

The last 3 years 1st team SN (which is based on coaches), 1st team PWFA (based on the pro writers), and NFL top 100 (based on current players) all voted Martin in.

Literary everyone (pro writers, associated press, coaches, fans, current players) voted Martin. Going to be a long shot to claim that the entire NFL as a sport is conspiring to award a man who doesn't deserve it.

Says you.

Thats all you got.
Pretty much. Every single voting metric (fans, coaches, current players, associated press, pro writers) all voted Martin the last 3 years. Not like there's any out of the norm outliers.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not deserving only really works if that particular accolade was an outlier. Like a few years back when Cole Beasley made AP 2nd team all pro all because a single voter voted by the wrong metric.

The last 3 years 1st team SN (which is based on coaches), 1st team PWFA (based on the pro writers), and NFL top 100 (based on current players) all voted Martin in.

Literary everyone (pro writers, associated press, coaches, fans, current players) voted Martin. Going to be a long shot to claim that the entire NFL as a sport is conspiring to award a man who doesn't deserve it.

Pretty much. Every single voting metric (fans, coaches, current players, associated press, pro writers) all voted Martin the last 3 years. Not like there's any out of the norm outliers.
Everything in post #58 is just his personal feelings towards Martins play. It proves nothing in regard to Martins much deserved All Pros.

rags747

Reaction score
Allen in a win just like Secretariat, a blowout! At OT the best I have ever seen was Eric Big Cat Williams. Madden just loved both of these guys.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If you arent kidding then this might be the worst post I have seen in a very long time, and that is hard to do around here. I guess Zack will be the first unworthy player to be a 1st ballot HOFer.
Not my problem if you do not understand how winning football teams are built now. If you prefer fantasy to reality I will leave you to it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Zach Martin vs Larry Allen, who you got!​

NwCBdAg.gif

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I feel like the whole purpose of a thread like this is to try to make our current "star" players into something they are not. Romo, Witten, Ware, Martin, Tyron, Dak, Dez, D Flaw, Zeke, etc. etc. etc. Over hype and under deliver. I have a higher standard for my heroes. If you are not saving lives, landing rockets on Mars or winning super bowls then you should not expect to bathe in the warmth of my eternal love.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Can't believe an intelligent poster would start a thread like this. If I get benched for a day, so be it.:angry:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It's not unusual for name recognition to keep a player in the awards cycle past that of their performance.

Show me a highlite package of his play from last year that lines up with 1st team All Pro. Heck, show me one that lines up with 2nd team All Pro. You can't, because it doesn't exist. He is no longer a dominant player. Nothing personal, but the film don't lie.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The film that you analyze better than all the voters do?
Apparently so.

Not sure why you are acting like the "mob" can't be wrong. Didn't you analyze Dak differently than what the "experts", stats & awards were telling us? I was right there with you. We were right then. I'm right now.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Apparently so.

Not sure why you are acting like the "mob" can't be wrong. Didn't you analyze Dak differently than what the "experts", stats & awards were telling us? I was right there with you. We were right then. I'm right now.
I guess, man. I don’t necessarily agree.

I think Martin is the best player on the offense and has been since he’s been in the league and will be again next season barring injury.

But if you think Dak sucks then you can’t be completely wrong lol

jwitten82

Reaction score
Dumbest things - I think the same thing when Martin keeps getting All Pro nods for very average play these last few years. If some folks would stop looking at the name on the jersey and rather is the guy moving people against their will, it would be clear. We haven't successfully converted many short yardages running in the past 3-4 years. If you truly had an all time, all pro to run behind, it wouldn't be so dismal. Instead everyone wants to turn a blind eye and act like he's still the player he was.
Lol he's still a great player. Maybe having a weak center next him contributed to the short yardage failure. All pro is not the same as pro bowl, it's way more respected. He's been first team all pro the last 3 seasons

gtb1943

Reaction score
Allen in a win just like Secretariat, a blowout! At OT the best I have ever seen was Eric Big Cat Williams. Madden just loved both of these guys.
If I remember correctly Bill Parcells who was a big horse racing fan called LA Secretariat

starman22

Reaction score
Larry Allen is the best guard to ever play in the NFL. The only defensive tackle I can recall sort of holding his own against him on some plays was Jerome Brown.
I don't think those two ever lined up against each other. Maybe you are thinking of Reggie White.

Jerome Brown died in 1992, Larry came into the league in 1994.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I don't think those two ever lined up against each other. Maybe you are thinking of Reggie White.

Jerome Brown died in 1992, Larry came into the league in 1994.
Reggie Schooled LA the first time they went at each other; but never again.