Zach Wilson Pro Day

Bigdog

Reaction score
I was listening to Greg Counsel who was on a local sports radio station out here in the Bay Area after the trade and he said all the qbs have flaws. Said Wilson Jr year was not very good and most of his games this year were in a control environment except for the Coastal Carolina game where he didn’t look very good. The positives on Wilson he said intelligent, throw on the run, quick release, strong arm but like any of the qbs coming out is how well they can read a defense. Just FYI

rambo2

Reaction score
I was listening to Greg Counsel who was on a local sports radio station out here in the Bay Area after the trade and he said all the qbs have flaws. Said Wilson Jr year was not very good and most of his games this year were in a control environment except for the Coastal Carolina game where he didn’t look very good. The positives on Wilson he said intelligent, throw on the run, quick release, strong arm but like any of the qbs coming out is how well they can read a defense. Just FYI

I wonder what he thought about Mahomes coming out. Remember when they used to say that Texas Tech qbs were system qbs and wouldn't make it in the NFL.

rambo2

Reaction score
I hate that we just paid 40 million for less talent.
Not me, I'm glad that we have a top qb locked up that is a sure thing over unproven rookies. The Cowboys paid a lot less than what the 49ers just spent in draft picks and talent that would come from those picks.

rambo2

Reaction score
I would have traded Dak (who I like, great guy) and moved into the #2 spot to land this guy, then used the cap space to build a "real defense" and make a run, but we have no stones.
Same ole story in Dallas this year, maxed at the cap with a middle of the pack defense... if we're lucky.
How would you trade into the 2 spot and not use all of your draft capital that you would need to build a defense?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If the Jags passed on Trevor, Urban should be ran out of the league lol
I bet you didnt think that Mayfield would have gone #1 either though lol

Actually, I did.
But it was a crap shoot between Mayfield, Darnold and Josh Allen. No one was labeling them as GENERATIONAL TALENT like they are Trevor Lawrence.

Brooksey

Reaction score
How would you trade into the 2 spot and not use all of your draft capital that you would need to build a defense?

I would build the defense with $160 million in (Dak's money) and leftover draft capital over the next 4 years. How many SB's have been won by building their defense through FA? Most recently all of them

rambo2

Reaction score
I would build the defense with $160 million in (Dak's money) and leftover draft capital over the next 4 years. How many SB's have been won by building their defense through FA? Most recently all of them
Who would be playing qb for you? The chances of your plan working are very slim. You have no idea of what players you would get and who would bust or get injured.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I wonder what he thought about Mahomes coming out. Remember when they used to say that Texas Tech qbs were system qbs and wouldn't make it in the NFL.
I remember that. Don’t know if he said it but I remember some people had a 2-3 rd grade on Mahomes. The trade that the Chiefs did with the Bills looks like highway robbery now.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Who would be playing qb for you? The chances of your plan working are very slim. You have no idea of what players you would get and who would bust or get injured.

Zach Wilson with Amari Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Our O-line Plus 40 million a year to spend on defense?..you think my chances are slim? What are our chances with a top 5 offense and the #20 defense (if we move 10 spots from the worst in 60 years? )

The same as the last 25 years= zero %

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The Cowboys probably didn't even go.

We like our guys!
Cowboys were there. They said yesterday that 31 of 32 teams were present. They said the team who wasn’t there, but I can’t remember who it was.

rambo2

Reaction score
Zach Wilson with Amari Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Our O-line Plus 40 million a year to spend on defense?..you think my chances are slim? What are our chances with a top 5 offense and the #20 defense (if we move 10 spots from the worst in 60 years? )

The same as the last 25 years= zero %
I think your idea of pulling off everything is slim and none. It would be a long shot to do all of the deals that you want and then pull it off.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I think your idea of pulling off everything is slim and none. It would be a long shot to do all of the deals that you want and then pull it off.

It's not going to happen so no use debating but I don't think you understand what i'm talking about..all what deals? Trade up with the Jets for #2 would cost a couple #1 round picks. Releasing Dak costs nothing saves 40M/year plus you acquire a good pick.

Brooksey

Reaction score
How would you trade up to pick 2? You have no idea if you would be able to do it and what happens if Wilson goes number 1?

Well you don't release the QB you have until the trade is done... if Zach Wilson goes first Beautiful...then I take Trevor Lawrence.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't know....I take it you didn't see Zak's pro day. Incredible throw....maybe 3 or 4 guys in the history of the game make that throw...Mahomes, Rodgers, Elway...Farve....with a flick of the wrist...falling away. 70 yards....on a rope. In the air less that 3.8 seconds.

lmao. There’s hyperbole, then there’s this.
Hell if you click the tweet, there’s an example of Daniel Jones doing it and in a game no less.