Zach Wilson Pro Day

DFWJC

Reaction score
Bad form replying twice to the same thing, I know and I'm sorry.

But I somehow forgot my strongest arguments. Carson Wentz, who was disastrously bad and got benched this year, JUST got traded for a 3rd-rounder and a pick that will be 1st-rounder if he's the starter for 75% of the year (and a 2nd-rounder otherwise).

Matthew Stafford JUST got traded for two first-rounders plus a third-rounder plus Jared Goff.

How could anyone think Dak wouldn't pull a 1st-round pick plus in trade?
Oh, I'm sure Dak would get a 1st or more.

As for Stafford; just fwiw....those were future 1sts in 2022 and 2023....so trade value equivalent of a 2021 mid 2nd and 3rd....might add up to a present year very late 1st or very early 2nd.

The key is to get a 1st this year....as it's way more valuable in trade circles.
I think Dak would've brought that and more.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hilarious, given that you go on to say, "Bottom line: A team is not giving up a 1st round pick for Dak."What in the world does their draft position have to do with trades that happened years later?"Players in the past." This isn't ancient history. These are recent events. And what, you think QBs are considered LESS valuable now than they were in the past? Hardly. The idea that Dak wouldn't attract a 1st-rounder plus in trade is simply ludicrous.

The proof is in the pudding. If a team offers it, then I'll be proved wrong.
If a team hasn't or doesn't, then it's not ludicrous at all.
In fact, it's pretty much fact.
Anyway, this discussion has run its course. Peace.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
like I said, your posts for every to see. you tout Wilson, going as far as saying you identified him before it became known in the NFL news cycles and what not, then you say he may fail because draft is not gauranteed, then you say he is better than dak, then you say he may struggle in Dallas organization (but blame dak for the struggle apparently)..

I am not trying to pigeon hole anything, you are doing a fine job of that yourself.

and now, you are diverting the discussion to something totally irrelevant. you dug this hole yourself, I just opened the door for you and you just dove right in

p.s.

I am glad you are now starting to admit you have been wrong. the first one is always the hardest.

The NFL is touting him too. Hold them to that same standard.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
:huh:

seems like you are punting!!!!

remember, I never claimed to be the QB guru, that you claim to be....you are the Wilson finder! ;)

No, I feel like this might be your first time watching a draft and surely you aren’t stupid enough to hold me to a higher standard than the NFL.

I didn’t find Wilson.. I just had an opinion that he was the 2nd best QB in this class when the mainstream opinion was Fields was the best or 2nd best QB.

The NFL guys just confirmed my beliefs so I already feel validated because that’s how this process works.

Another W for your local QB guru.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, I feel like this might be your first time watching a draft and surely you aren’t stupid enough to hold me to a higher standard than the NFL.

I didn’t find Wilson.. I just had an opinion that he was the 2nd best QB in this class when the mainstream opinion was Fields was the best or 2nd best QB.

The NFL guys just confirmed my beliefs so I already feel validated because that’s how this process works.

Another W for your local QB guru.
no, this is the first week I ever watched any football. its a pretty interesting sport.... :muttley:

like I said, you are punting. like I said....in your own very posts, you claimed to have known about Wilson months ago ahead of NFL!!! and now you are punting.....

if you try to be on both sides of the fence, eventually you will crush your balls. I am holding you to your own standards.....but seemingly you don't like that and want to leave yourself an out.......you said Wilson is more talented than Dak....I didn't say that. NFLdidn't say that...you did....and Dak is a top 10 QB in the NFL....so I simply asked what if he fails and then you started flailing and back tracking claiming something different and pointing to NFL.....

so is Wilson more talented than Dak or not?.....show some balls kid

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
no, this is the first week I ever watched any football. its a pretty interesting sport.... :muttley:

like I said, you are punting. like I said....in your own very posts, you claimed to have known about Wilson months ago ahead of NFL!!! and now you are punting.....

if you try to be on both sides of the fence, eventually you will crush your balls. I am holding you to your own standards.....but seemingly you don't like that and want to leave yourself an out.......you said Wilson is more talented than Dak....I didn't say that. NFLdidn't say that...you did....and Dak is a top 10 QB in the NFL....so I simply asked what if he fails and then you started flailing and back tracking claiming something different and pointing to NFL.....

so is Wilson more talented than Dak or not?.....show some balls kid

Ok well all I know to tell you is I really don’t care about your opinion and I can’t even manage to get through your entire post so I wouldn’t spend a whole lot of time crying about what I think because there is a few of you that are obsessed with my opinion and think so highly of it that you are holding me to a higher standard than you are the Cowboys or the general NFL.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ok well all I know to tell you is I really don’t care about your opinion and I can’t even manage to get through your entire post so I wouldn’t spend a whole lot of time crying about what I think because there is a few of you that are obsessed with my opinion and think so highly of it that you are holding me to a higher standard than you are the Cowboys or the general NFL.
people obsessed with your opinion :lmao2::lmao:...like I said, how does your head fit through your door....

more like you got called on your bullshiet, like before and you went scrambling like before....

you are a very non-committal person. ride the fence. can't make decisions. can't stand behind my ideas type of person....

again, I am holding you to your own standards, which is dropping by the minute apparently .....soon to hit the floor LOL

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
people obsessed with your opinion :lmao2::lmao:...like I said, how does your head fit through your door....

more like you got called on your bullshiet, like before and you went scrambling like before....

you are a very non-committal person. ride the fence. can't make decisions. can't stand behind my ideas type of person....

again, I am holding you to your own standards, which is dropping by the minute apparently .....soon to hit the floor LOL

Dude you and two or three others run around quoting me all of the time and cry about it.

How often do I start a thread whining about something you said?

Also, it’s ridiculous the standard you want to hold me to anyways.

Zach Wilson is an awesome talent and I projected him perfectly but there is other dynamics at play so a guy like Justin Fields could go to Atlanta and end up being better than Wilson with the Jets just because of the supporting cast around him.

I feel like I’m trying to explain the process to a total football idiot but I think you know how the process works and you’re just so desperate to see me wrong about something even though my projection is in line with the Professionals.

How about you just accept that I know what I’m talking about instead of looking under every rock to try and find something I might be incorrect on because I promise you I will be wrong because the very best who do this are also wrong all of the time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dude you and two or three others run around quoting me all of the time and cry about it.

How often do I start a thread whining about something you said?

Also, it’s ridiculous the standard you want to hold me to anyways.

Zach Wilson is an awesome talent and I projected him perfectly but there is other dynamics at play so a guy like Justin Fields could go to Atlanta and end up being better than Wilson with the Jets just because of the supporting cast around him.

I feel like I’m trying to explain the process to a total football idiot but I think you know how the process works and you’re just so desperate to see me wrong about something even though my projection is in line with the Professionals.

How about you just accept that I know what I’m talking about instead of looking under every rock to try and find something I might be incorrect on because I promise you I will be wrong because the very best who do this are also wrong all of the time.
cry about what? you mean call your bullshiet and you get upset? you are the one who is crying...

btw, I have no standards for you....that's how low you rate around here. if you get above zero, its a lifetime accomplishment. you contradict yourself all the time....and you get upset and spun around when somebody asks a question about what you said......now you are mad because I quoted you to you and now you are mad at me!!! go figure....

so I guess we can call you mr. (thinks he ) knows it all LOL. you are one of the most clueless posters on this board. your reputation precedes you....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
cry about what? you mean call your bullshiet and you get upset? you are the one who is crying...

btw, I have no standards for you....that's how low you rate around here. if you get above zero, its a lifetime accomplishment. you contradict yourself all the time....and you get upset and spun around when somebody asks a question about what you said......now you are mad because I quoted you to you and now you are mad at me!!! go figure....

so I guess we can call you mr. (thinks he ) knows it all LOL. you are one of the most clueless posters on this board. your reputation precedes you....

Hey let’s follow catch around and critique his posts all the time...

Just use my posts as a learning opportunity. I legit don’t read but the first 2 or 3 sentences of your post so writing a book is just wasting your time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hey let’s follow catch around and critique his posts all the time...

Just use my posts as a learning opportunity. I legit don’t read but the first 2 or 3 sentences of your post so writing a book is just wasting your time.
learning opportunity.. exactly. learn what not to think and do the exact opposite....LOL...that's the learning we get from you.... :lmao2: