Twitter: Zack Martin added to injury report

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So far it led to 7 sacks, 2 defensive touchdowns, forced fumbles, constant pressure and a 1-0 record while holding the other team to zero points but yes it’s a long season.

Of course this discounts the fact that most teams don’t have a wealth of depth at offensive line.
You'd best hope this Oline doesn't suffer any more injuries. If not, you will see how it will affect this Offense.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. What's going on here is Jerry siding with Dan Quinn to allow him to have way more D players at key positions than normally needed. We all see it while other key positions are less stocked.
After seeing our defense play the way they did the other night, Dan Quinn can have whatever he wants. Farniok is obviously not as good as you feel he is if the best he could do was a PS for the Bears, especially when there are so many teams in need of decent linemen. Have you seen how bad NYJ/NYG/CIN/CHI lines are?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You'd best hope this Oline doesn't suffer any more injuries. If not, you will see how it will affect this Offense.
You can say that about almost any good team…injuries to the o line are killers. Sure, certain teams have better depth to get by but a week ago we all thought edoga sucked. We don’t even know what we have in bass etc.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You can say that about almost any good team…injuries to the o line are killers. Sure, certain teams have better depth to get by but a week ago we all thought edoga sucked. We don’t even know what we have in bass etc.
Edoga has bad knees. It's just a matter of time with him.

Bass has good ability but has no experience.

Like I said, you'd best hope no other starter goes down with injury. If so, you will see.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dude, Farniok wasn't going to save this line from major injury if it happens. And please show me a team that has all of this depth at OL that we apparently don't have. People act like you can go 2 deep with pro bowlers at every position and if you don't your FO are morons...I mean ours are sometimes, but for other reasons

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Seems like with the new BIG money come the injuries.....Better get a smaller wallet to carry around :facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
After seeing our defense play the way they did the other night, Dan Quinn can have whatever he wants. Farniok is obviously not as good as you feel he is if the best he could do was a PS for the Bears, especially when there are so many teams in need of decent linemen. Have you seen how bad NYJ/NYG/CIN/CHI lines are?
Just wait and see.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dude, Farniok wasn't going to save this line from major injury if it happens. And please show me a team that has all of this depth at OL that we apparently don't have. People act like you can go 2 deep with pro bowlers at every position and if you don't your FO are morons...I mean ours are sometimes, but for other reasons
Farniok did last year when he had to fill in for McGovern for 2+ games before Farniok got injured. Running to the left side where Farniok and Tyler Smith were produced good rushing numbers.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Farniok did last year when he had to fill in for McGovern for 2+ games before Farniok got injured. Running to the left side where Farniok and Tyler Smith were produced good rushing numbers.
Ok then why isn't he on an active roster. Are all the NFL coaches and scouts just not seeing what you are? It's not like his contract is an issue. So what is it? FWIW I think you have a very good eye for OL talent, youve shown that in the past, but myself and pretty much everyone else here are struggling to understand the love affair you have for Farniok.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok then why isn't he on an active roster. Are all the NFL coaches and scouts just not seeing what you are? It's not like his contract is an issue. So what is it? FWIW I think you have a very good eye for OL talent, youve shown that in the past, but myself and pretty much everyone else here are struggling to understand the love affair you have for Farniok.
It's not a love affair. Grow up. It's the principle of leaving our current Oline short knowing full well it's just a matter of time when players will get injured like they have just now barely 1 week into the season. This whole franchise has a bad habit of misjudging Olinemen.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not a love affair. Grow up. It's the principle of leaving our current Oline short knowing full well it's just a matter of time when players will get injured like they have just now barely 1 week into the season. This whole franchise has a bad habit of misjudging Olinemen.
You need to chill. Love affair was meant as hyperbole, as in why is he your pet cat? No need to get butt hurt over it AC. Hell, I even said I respected your opinion on OL. This franchise is not the only one that decided Farniok wasn't worth more than a PS spot. You are avoiding that part. I asked you why 31 other teams feel the same way we do. So...why?

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
This starts playing in my head every time I open a thread about what appears to be a minor injury and see the overreactions, I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend(s).

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Edoga has bad knees. It's just a matter of time with him.

Bass has good ability but has no experience.

Like I said, you'd best hope no other starter goes down with injury. If so, you will see.
And as I said…literally most teams in the nfl are in trouble if starting o line players go down. This isn’t splitting the atom

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Told y'all it was a mistake getting rid of Matt Farniok. Should have kept 10 instead of 9 O-linemen for this very reason. This Oline is always getting injured. Dumb but greedy Cowboys front office doesn't learn. Idiots.
Mike McCarthy can fill in at any OL spot on a moment’s notice.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You need to chill. Love affair was meant as hyperbole, as in why is he your pet cat? No need to get butt hurt over it AC. Hell, I even said I respected your opinion on OL. This franchise is not the only one that decided Farniok wasn't worth more than a PS spot. You are avoiding that part. I asked you why 31 other teams feel the same way we do. So...why?
Just give it time.