News: Zack Martin says they still believe in Garrett

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Zack says Garrett does a good job of keeping the players in the moment but what is this moment, we lost a tough game but it's not the end of the world, we did some good things but we need to clean some things up. I think he needs to project passed that moment because there are only so many before that next moment is called minicamp.

Flamma

Reaction score
We'll see. This team has a history of laying some big eggs on Thanksgiving during the Garrett era.

Dre11

Reaction score
Of course the players are going to say these things. It's not like they are going to speak to the media and be like "This guy sucks. He can't lead us to success!" Besides, I have no doubt they may like him as a person. Maybe he is a great guy, but, he cannot coach a team to the promise land.

They don't have to lie either

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Zack Martin is probably one of the more buttoned up Vets in the league. Why don't they get Austin or Lewis to opine on the situation.

NorTex

Reaction score
It's obvious the players like Jason Garrett as head coach because Garrett takes it easy on them and covers up for them. There is no fear of the head coach. Garrett is their buddy who has their backs, so the players don't fear losing their jobs if they continuously screw up on the field, especially the highly paid players like the Oline.

Does anyone believe these players would feel all warm and fuzzy with Jimmy Johnson if he were their head coach? Hell no!!! Jimmy would be busting their tails during the week in practice, and benching anyone, regardless of payscale, if they committed dumb but costly penalties during games consistently!

Jimmy's players hated him during the week because Jimmy would bust their balls while punishing them if they hurt the team on the field. Garrett does the opposite. He babies them, hence the weekly game-costing penalties! :mad::angry:
Jimmy failed miserably in Miami, so there goes your argument. 38-3 playoff loss to end his career!!!

Dre11

Reaction score
You guys are so desperate at this point for any glimmer of hope that Garrett really is an elite coach that can win a SB.

I think even in the back of your brain you realize this thing looks to be heading in a direction where you are going to have to admit he just wasn't the right guy.

You don't need an elite coach to win, that's what so stupid about you fools argument. Pederson isn't an elite coach, Payton has 1 Superbowl in how many years? And he has an all time great qb. Andy Reid has never won a Superbowl. Nick Saban quit.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Zack says Garrett does a good job of keeping the players in the moment but what is this moment, we lost a tough game but it's not the end of the world, we did some good things but we need to clean some things up. I think he needs to project passed that moment because there are only so many before that next moment is called minicamp.
Lol. We lost in the moment so many times as well. :laugh:

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
You don't need an elite coach to win, that's what so stupid about you fools argument. Pederson isn't an elite coach, Payton has 1 Superbowl in how many years? And he has an all time great qb. Andy Reid has never won a Superbowl. Nick Saban quit.
The only “fools” are the ones that still want JG to remain coach and act like something will change. Like ~ 2-3 people on here.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's obvious the players like Jason Garrett as head coach because Garrett takes it easy on them and covers up for them. There is no fear of the head coach. Garrett is their buddy who has their backs, so the players don't fear losing their jobs if they continuously screw up on the field, especially the highly paid players like the Oline.

Does anyone believe these players would feel all warm and fuzzy with Jimmy Johnson if he were their head coach? Hell no!!! Jimmy would be busting their tails during the week in practice, and benching anyone, regardless of payscale, if they committed dumb but costly penalties during games consistently!

Jimmy's players hated him during the week because Jimmy would bust their balls while punishing them if they hurt the team on the field. Garrett does the opposite. He babies them, hence the weekly game-costing penalties! :mad::angry:
I don't think Garrett is the guy that babies them. Booger wouldn't even let Phillips increase fines on them when they were showing up late and even made excuses for them with the Media Pass. Do you think Booger would have even thought of getting between Jimmy and his players?

Guys like Johnson and Parcells, those methods won't work now. Coughlin was a hardliner and had to take his guys bowling and pal around with them.

I wonder how McVay is babying his guys because they're playing awful compared to how they have been the previous season.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Players executing? What a novel approach. That Zack Martin is a self-aware man. He's not blaming it all on the coaching like his idiot GM is trying to do.

vlad

Reaction score
I've always thought and continue to believe that this is less about belief in Garrett (or Coach X), but this is the benefit of his RKG/team captain approach in getting the roster together. So kudos to him for that.

Can you imagine anyone with that disposition a) ever giving up, b) ever not taking accountability or c) throwing anyone else under the bus?

The closest I've seen was Frederick when we were running when it clearly hadn't been working, I think it was against the Vikings.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I'll settle for competent coaching. An upgrade is an upgrade at this point.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'll settle for competent coaching. An upgrade is an upgrade at this point.

Lol...you don't know if you'll get an upgrade either. So either is a gamble. Could be Cleveland or Washington....lol with the organizational issues we could be worse

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol...you don't know if you'll get an upgrade either. So either is a gamble. Could be Cleveland or Washington....lol with the organizational issues we could be worse
I'm not the type to settle because it could be worse. Losers mentality.